Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Audio and Music Production
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
TK_Breed
Backstreet for Life!
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TK_Breed Send a message via MSN to TK_Breed Send a message via Yahoo to TK_Breed
Default First Final Fantasy Remix

Don't we all turn to final fantasy at some point? Anyways, I pumped some crazy hours into this song today, so It would be cool for some comments on it. The remix is of the battle theme in final fantasy 6, or v3 for usa. Here's the link:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/131139

~Breed~
TK_Breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
jonathanasdf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to jonathanasdf
Default Re: First Final Fantasy Remix

NIIIIICE!
Old 03-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
StormKlowd61
Is Cold Kitten? T-Force?
FFR Veteran

Ahhh FF6... great game. Nice remix, dude.
StormKlowd61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
bluguerrilla
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla

It needs more drums and maybe more variation on the theme.

Seemed like a really stripped down version of the original.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:10 PM   #5
TK_Breed
Backstreet for Life!

Send a message via AIM to TK_Breed Send a message via MSN to TK_Breed Send a message via Yahoo to TK_Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerrilla View Post
It needs more drums and maybe more variation on the theme.

Seemed like a really stripped down version of the original.

There's not much more drums i could put in there. I didnt do parts of the original (or stripped in your words) because the original is way repetitive and like 4 minutes long. I couldnt do much in the way of variation on the drums at the end of each measure because the melody does the lead ups way to good to need transition help from the drums. I just added side chaining and a couple extra snares and crash cymbals to it, and swapped the kick with a bit of a stronger one. Also exporting the update in higher bitrate. I would play with the melody but I only think that would make it worse, because the melody snes used is pretty bad ass the way it is. Oh and heres the link to the original:

http://ffmusic.ffshrine.org/ff6midis...ttle_theme.mid

~Breed~
Old 03-19-2008, 01:30 PM   #6
bluguerrilla
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Breed View Post
There's not much more drums i could put in there. I didnt do parts of the original (or stripped in your words) because the original is way repetitive and like 4 minutes long. I couldnt do much in the way of variation on the drums at the end of each measure because the melody does the lead ups way to good to need transition help from the drums. I just added side chaining and a couple extra snares and crash cymbals to it, and swapped the kick with a bit of a stronger one. Also exporting the update in higher bitrate. I would play with the melody but I only think that would make it worse, because the melody snes used is pretty bad ass the way it is. Oh and heres the link to the original:

http://ffmusic.ffshrine.org/ff6midis...ttle_theme.mid
I agree that it's one bad ass melody but you could at least mess with the phrasing to give it your own touch.

The reason I said I it could use more drums is because it's such a rock tune and letting the drummer overplay some isn't a bad thing. The way you have the drums sounds like a bad rock drummer. I realize that this is techno but at least go for something specific, not generic.

When I said 'stripped down' I didn't mean cut, I meant like it has less to it than the original. For some reason that midi isn't working for me but I can just load the game when I get home, I just beat this game again last week lol...

Maybe I'm just partial to metal remixes of this song.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:21 AM   #7
TK_Breed
Backstreet for Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerrilla View Post
I agree that it's one bad ass melody but you could at least mess with the phrasing to give it your own touch.

The reason I said I it could use more drums is because it's such a rock tune and letting the drummer overplay some isn't a bad thing. The way you have the drums sounds like a bad rock drummer. I realize that this is techno but at least go for something specific, not generic.

When I said 'stripped down' I didn't mean cut, I meant like it has less to it than the original. For some reason that midi isn't working for me but I can just load the game when I get home, I just beat this game again last week lol...

Maybe I'm just partial to metal remixes of this song.

if you open up the midi and my project side by side. you will notice i have a lot more sounds going on then in the midi. of course a lot more of my sounds are a bit subtle, so thats probably the reason is that the midi has more variation of unique sounds. Anyways thanks for the review. and obviously theres not really a way to open up my project since i dont have it posted anywhere.

edit* weird though the link isnt working for me either, even if i go from the website. All the other midis are workin.

~Breed~

Last edited by TK_Breed; 03-20-2008 at 01:23 AM..