Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
SUSUGAM
FFR Player

Default A deeper search for happiness

Every intelligent human being I've ever met has been 100% sure that they are the smartest human being in existence. And that's not to say that they 'know everything' or have a massive IQ. This is some sort of a philosophical intelligence. Whatever the **** that means. I just feel like there is absolutely no way I could know any more about such things. It's pure mystery and always will be, and accepting that fact is the first step to evolving as a human and moving past trivial pursuits. I think that quality provides a nice foreshadowing of a person's character and brain. Whatever that's worth.

Each of these 'intelligent human beings' are also generally unsatisfiable, depressed, and lonely. I'm not sure if happiness can exist outside of ignorance, or if it's simply a matter of diving a little deeper to find it. I thought about my short life, and felt truly happy for a brief moment. I feel like I've experienced nearly every major emotion. (as far as the emotions I know to exist, I'm sure there could be more that are absolutely amazing) And I don't feel like there is really anything better in life than these major emotions. I don't seek power or material, I seek human connection. I'm not concerned with success, only survival. I'm no longer concerned with proving my intelligence, I am already sure of it.

As a side note:
By 'major emotions' I mainly mean those that break down standard thought and inundate everything in your being. Overwhelming emotions that make a difference in your character. **** that doesn't fade from memory easily. e.g. love, anger, sadness, and fear.

Anyway, I am utterly conceited mentally. I fully accept that and see no other way about it. I am my mind, and I feel like it's a healthy dose of narcissism. Nothing but death will take that away from me, ever. My ideas are my own. Not plagiarized from books, not duped from others, and always decided through a barrage of both outer stimulus and inner thought. I feel like my ideas on life are nearly set in stone. I've conversed with so many different types of people about so many things. None have ever been 100% in alignment with myself, but some have come fairly close.

But, I don't want to argue. I want to share ideas. I've never tried to convince someone to think like me, or that they shouldn't think the way they do. I have however, judged people for their thoughts. (is there any better ground for judgment?) I didn't form my beliefs through locking myself in a dark room and brainstorming about the universe. I formed them through thousands of hours of deep, mental interaction with many, many people.

So to clarify:
I do not want to clash brains. I want to connect hearts. I want to smash your walls, and I will gladly topple my own. I want comfortable vulnerability. I want to share human moments with whoever I am able. This is completely possible through any real-time medium of communication, and I'm ready.

I feel I could die a complete human today. But I surely don't want to.
-Shawn Magruder
1-26-08

----------------------------------------------------

Just thought I'd switch it up on you ****s.

Discuss, lock, delete, whatever.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:55 AM   #2
Rubin0
FFR Player

Default Re: A deeper search for happiness

I'm sorry, but after the first sentence I was completely turned off by this entire thread.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
Corbin Wells
FFR Player

The wisest person will acknowledge their own ignorance.

download my sims now =3:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...h=Corbin+Wells

FFR Furry, NYC
Old 01-28-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Every intelligent human being I've ever met has been 100% sure that they are the smartest human being in existence.
One of the first things any philosopher accepts in order to be a good philosopher, is the knowledge that your own ignorance is about the only thing you can be sure of.

Switching it up with a thread that has nothing to do with CT doesn't make a good CT thread.
Closed Thread