Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2008, 10:46 AM   #61
-Hero-
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to -Hero- Send a message via Yahoo to -Hero-
Default Re: Heath Ledger is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethSquall View Post

Oh and yea Hero you're a dick no-one likes you.

thats great, im not here to make friends with anyone
-Hero- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:00 AM   #62
Sir_Thomas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird View Post
Heath Ledger's not dead. This is just a publicity stunt to promote the new Batman film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeris
Publicity stunt to skyrocket box office opening gross.
I said the exact same thing but on another forum haha.
You ninja'd me.
Sir_Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:06 AM   #63
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rade0110

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
Right. That's the thing - if a million people in Africa had been endeared to America, it would be tragic when they all died. But this is an icon - a man who rose above head and shoulders above everyone else that died. It's not just that a person died, it's also what he represents.

I feel no shame in feeling more remorse for his death than a death that will never affect me in a foreign country. I know it sounds insensitive, but that's just the way it is.
Really, I feel bad for this kind of thought. I really care more about the millions of people dying in Africa, then I do an icon of America. I guess I just feel like all the women and children being raped and murdered over there is a bigger deal than one actor OD'ing on sleep aids.

Cheers,

Synthlight
rade0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:21 AM   #64
Minion133
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

gay

Last edited by Minion133; 10-10-2010 at 03:29 PM..
Minion133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #65
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by rade0110 View Post
Really, I feel bad for this kind of thought. I really care more about the millions of people dying in Africa, then I do an icon of America. I guess I just feel like all the women and children being raped and murdered over there is a bigger deal than one actor OD'ing on sleep aids.
Why does it affect you so much? How can you sleep knowing that despite all the care you give, you'll never make a difference? It must be insufferable.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #66
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
Why does it affect you so much? How can you sleep knowing that despite all the care you give, you'll never make a difference? It must be insufferable.
How can you sleep knowing a man you have never met or had a conversation with died? It too must be insufferable.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 01-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #67
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

You know, I don't really care, it doesn't affect me at all.
I didn't know him, I don't know his family, so why should I care?
probably about 300 people died while I was typing this, should that affect me?

Celebrities are not as great as people make them to be.
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #68
Sir_Thomas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Sorry. He is right.

The only reason people care about something they have no relation to is because they feel guilty for not caring.

He never said he really gave a damn about him dying. But seeing he has had more contact or relation to that guy then he does the millions of africans it is obvious he would feel a little bit more than almost nothing for his death.

Grieving is a selfish act.

When someone dies you are sad because you have lost something, not because someone has lost their life.
You can't care about someone you lost when you have never "had" them in the first place.

Last edited by Sir_Thomas; 01-23-2008 at 11:47 AM..
Old 01-23-2008, 11:54 AM   #69
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

The man overdosed on drugs. Should we really be putting some random actor as an "Icon of America"?

He was no more useful to everyone's daily lives than Paris Hilton. Seriously, I don't understand why people grieve for Celebrities, unless they did something momumental for the world they lived in. They don't deserve to be up there with Abe Lincoln and George Washington as "Icons of America".

Well now introducing the icons of america, George Washington :appaluse:, Abe Lincoln :Appaluse:, That guy from brokeback mountian :Crickets:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 01-23-2008 at 12:02 PM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #70
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yeah, I remember all the news about the horrible stuff he did. It was everywhere. Remember that time he missed a court date? When he flashed his vag getting out of a car?

Oh, wait. He was low key. He accidentally mixed his sleeping meds.

Quote:
How can you sleep knowing a man you have never met or had a conversation with died? It too must be insufferable.
I can live with the fact that there are millions of people in the world that I will never speak to. I can live with the fact that they will all die. I can live with the fact that I have neighbors that I have never seen, nor want to see, who will, at some point, die without a single word exchange with me. But good luck to you, meeting all those people. Cry big crocodile tears for me.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 01-23-2008, 12:11 PM   #71
Rubin0
FFR Player

Why are there always assholes that have to twist every situation to make us all look like fools for caring?
Old 01-23-2008, 12:13 PM   #72
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Saying I care more for the people of Africa than an actor who OD'ed, does not mean I care a great deal. Man, life must have been hard for poor Hearth Ledger though. I mean, it must have been so hard working on a movie, then getting paid millions of dollars. It also must have been detrimental to him that he was an icon. Two weeks from now he'll be dead, and everyone will have forgotten about it; except for his family and friends. Two weeks from now people will still be dying in Darfur from malnurishment and exhaustion because they can't even find water. Do I care enough about it to go over there and completely change my lifestyle just for it? Of course not, I am in no way affiliated with Africa. I just think Africa's problems are greater than one actor's death.

Cheers,

Synthlight

Last edited by rade0110; 01-23-2008 at 12:17 PM..
Old 01-23-2008, 12:22 PM   #73
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Saying I care more for the people of Africa than an actor who OD'ed, does not mean I care a great deal. Man, life must have been hard for poor Hearth Ledger though. I mean, it must have been so hard working on a movie, then getting paid millions of dollars. It also must have been detrimental to him that he was an icon. Two weeks from now he'll be dead, and everyone will have forgotten about it; except for his family and friends. Two weeks from now people will still be dying in Darfur from malnurishment and exhaustion because they can't even find water. Do I care enough about it to go over there and completely change my lifestyle just for it? Of course not, I am in no way affiliated with Africa. I just think Africa's problems are greater than one actor's death.
Let's put it this way:

Heath Ledger died. Let's say, even, that he jumped off a building and hit a nun. How he died is irrelevant.

Do you think the masses in Darfur care about his death? No. I don't think they do. I don't think they'll fall over themselves. Do you think most people that die in Africa, be it underdeveloped cities, rape, Aids, racism, really care? No.

So by not caring, you're depriving Heath of all the sympathy that you're giving to people with whom you have no affiliation, except that exist solely as depositories for your pity. I think that's outlandish! Why, all of those people don't care about Heath - I feel I should care extra hard, now. And even less about those selfish bastards.

-

While that isn't really the case at all, I do find it somewhat hypocritical that just because there are more people dying and will continue to die due to another (see: not our) countries' doing, that this somehow makes them mean more when really, they mean the exact same thing - death is death. It's no good no matter how you slice it (barring euthenasia). Hell, if the killing stopped, I wouldn't particularly feel any different than I do now. I think the killing is a shame - don't get me wrong - I just don't lose sleep over it.

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 01-23-2008, 12:51 PM   #74
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Nor do I. Once again, I am simply stating (unless by some coincidence someone is related) noone here cares more about Heath Ledger than saying something along the lines of, "Oh Heath Ledger died, that sucks he was a good actor." Then moving on with their life.

While at the same time, I would venture to guess a large majority of the people here hardly know the problems that are happening in places Darfur.
Yes, I know more about what the people in Darfur face because of Anthropology/Cultural Anthropology classes. But I care about as much as to say, "There are a lot of problems in Darfur and that sucks." Then moving on with life. I may have a discussion about it here or there with people. But it in no way affects my life.

You are right death is death. And killing is a shame. My opinion (as this is an opinionated argument now) is that the problems in Darfur are greater. There is no reason to ostracize me for that.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 01-23-2008, 12:58 PM   #75
xinpig
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to xinpig Send a message via Skype™ to xinpig

*gasp

PSEUDO SKILL TOKENS! FC'd Blooddrunk with AVMISSING!
xinpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #76
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Nor do I. Once again, I am simply stating (unless by some coincidence someone is related) noone here cares more about Heath Ledger than saying something along the lines of, "Oh Heath Ledger died, that sucks he was a good actor." Then moving on with their life.

While at the same time, I would venture to guess a large majority of the people here hardly know the problems that are happening in places Darfur.
Yes, I know more about what the people in Darfur face because of Anthropology/Cultural Anthropology classes. But I care about as much as to say, "There are a lot of problems in Darfur and that sucks." Then moving on with life. I may have a discussion about it here or there with people. But it in no way affects my life.

You are right death is death. And killing is a shame. My opinion (as this is an opinionated argument now) is that the problems in Darfur are greater. There is no reason to ostracize me for that.
I'm sorry for ostracizing you. I meant to squarely attack the belief and not the man holding it. I have nothing against you - I hope I didn't come off that way.

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 01-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #77
Sir_Thomas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:

This is a place for discussion.
Someone posted the fact that Heath Ledger is dead.
Now we are discussing it.

If you want to go make a post and discuss the millions starving in Africa or the problems in Darfur; by all mean go do so.

Tons of people always go to "-Insert Celebrity- is dead." with the same "Children are starving and people are dyin." bit as if we REALLLY REALLY care that the actor is dead and we are crying rivers. But we are not... we are just discussing it.

Also...

Last edited by Sir_Thomas; 01-23-2008 at 01:24 PM..
Old 01-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #78
peckerxcore
FFR VET 0_o
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to peckerxcore Send a message via Skype™ to peckerxcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
Jake Gyllenhaal gave him AIDS? D:
first thing that came to mind when i saw this
sad thing tho..

AAA's:41
FC's: 488 - someone come do all the 1-40's for me -_-
peckerxcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:43 PM   #79
Problems
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
Topeka, Kansas 66604
Dun dun dunnn.
Problems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #80
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
Tons of people always go to "-Insert Celebrity- is dead." with the same "Children are starving and people are dyin." bit as if we REALLLY REALLY care that the actor is dead and we are crying rivers. But we are not... we are just discussing it.
Quote:
Oh

Cheers,

Synthlight