Mashes on every song.
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Type of music you like...

rock, no emo or rap!
teh_masterers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:43 PM   #22
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Location: In front of the speakers, banging my head until I get a nosebleed.
Send a message via AIM to purebloodtexan

Explain why you have taste for that genre, people.

purebloodtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:04 PM   #23
sexaypickle
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to sexaypickle

I enjoy country, although i get a lot of crap for it, i like it because many of the songs i can relate to, and the sound of the stringed instruments in a lot of the songs always seems to calm me down.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:11 PM   #24
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

Hmmmm...

Speedrave, just cuz it's awesome.
Hyperbeat, just cuz it's so hyper.
Techno, just cuz I can't help but dance to it.
Trance, because it makes me feel good.
Metal, ftw! (Not that crummy metal with the unrecognizable lyrics)

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:15 PM   #25
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

About the only country song I liked was "A Man of Constant Sorrow" in "O Brother, Where Art Thou?"

The music in that movie is amazing. Not are the subjects of the songs approved by me, but they've got chords like crazy - and I'm a chord fanatic. I mean, Ulysses' kids couldn't have been older than the age of eight, and they can sing pretty damn well, chords included.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:02 PM   #26
sexaypickle
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to sexaypickle

Yeah, I agree with that song, I love the chords in it too, it's just so catchy!
Old 04-29-2007, 10:06 PM   #27
Xack24
FFR Player

I like lots of stuff, I'm a Dream Theatre fanatic, it's some of the most beautiful music ever made.
Classical-I prefer the energetic Classical music to the more calm quieter songs, it's just really nice to listen to.
Rock-I prefer classic rock to what we have now. I think that the general sound of most popular rock currently is good. The problem is that everyone sounds the same. when it comes to guitarists, I listen to some of the best: Joe Satriani (I think he's in his own genre)-His music is just so...great! He doesn't need words either, he just puts whatever he's thinking or feeling into sound and the results amazing.
Yngwie Malmsteen-Come on...do I even have to explain?
Steve Vai-Same reason as Yngwie ^.
Metal-I don't like most metal. While Dream Theatre is amazing. Outside of them I only listen to Dragonforce, not the best band ever, but their songs are sooo much fun to listen to!
Irish Folk-Great sound, great beat, just overall fun, bagpipes are nice as well.
Bluegrass-You have to at least respect the skill it takes to be a good banjo player. Same as the rest, just fun!
Rap-Generally I avoid this like the plague. However there is one group my friend listens to called Jedi Mind Tricks. He told me it was "An educated political rap!"
Wierd Al-Funny stuff.
Show Tunes- "Don't say show tunes! It's a trap!"
Xack24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:15 PM   #28
Avereulus
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Classical songs are my personal favorite.
Why? Well, I don't know...
Avereulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:20 PM   #29
MagicCarpetRide
Skware One
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MagicCarpetRide

Trance/hardcore/a combination of the two. That kind of music just puts me in a good mood.
I also listen to underground hip-hop to somewhat underground like Atmosphere or aesop rock....It was the first music I started to reaaaalllly like back int he day and I've stuck with the beats and amazing poetic lyrics. **** MTV, **** 50-cent, **** G-unit

LONG LIVE ELECTRONIC ****
MagicCarpetRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:13 PM   #30
DevilsChick
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to DevilsChick

ppl all u need to be listenin to is hard rock thats the stuff hip hop is kool to but if ur a true rocker ur awesome if u dont like hard rock or any kind of rock sep soft rock that sucks but other than that its kool ppl i guess rap is kool but it cant be the singin stuff it should neva be that unless u cant resist it then its okay peace ppl
DevilsChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:53 PM   #31
redgun
FFR Player

i like too many to say lets just say i don't like rap hip hop or country and the emo crap and pop
redgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:31 PM   #32
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsChick View Post
ppl all u need to be listenin to is hard rock thats the stuff hip hop is kool to but if ur a true rocker ur awesome if u dont like hard rock or any kind of rock sep soft rock that sucks but other than that its kool ppl i guess rap is kool but it cant be the singin stuff it should neva be that unless u cant resist it then its okay peace ppl
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=40982
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=18770

Read these sacred documents to achieve enlightenment.

Confucius Texan has spoken.

A moment of seriousness: You're not going to get far on the forums using that grammar or neutrality towards other genres of music and/or people's opinions. If so, atleast back your statements up with logical reasons.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:32 PM   #33
x So Sick x1
FFR Player

I like ALMOST any music. My favorites is:
1.Rock/Alternative/Metal/Screamo/Classic (basically anything from past the 80s)
2.Techno/Rave/Dance/Trance music, DJ mixes
3.Thug rap (like DMX and such) and some hip hop

Why? Well i like rock most because there are so many forms of it, and it gets me pumped which is an awesome feeling. I like techno because it's cool to chill out to and just have fun. Rap and hip hop i just like when I'm with friends partying or blaring it in cars.

I like all music, maybe excluding bluegrass. My grandparents managed to drag me to a convention once a while back, and it was one of the least entertaining 4 hours ever.

I also like classical music, like violins and pianos, and so many of my favorite songs are when classical music is mixed into songs (Evanescense, Linkin Park, Jurs OP on FFR too )

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
Got your free FFR Subscription? No? ELRayford Does
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=70352
Favorite song: Gaussian Blur 3
x So Sick x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:16 PM   #34
Wlfwnd91
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wlfwnd91 Send a message via MSN to Wlfwnd91 Send a message via Yahoo to Wlfwnd91

My favorite genres of music are Rock, Blues, and Metal.

Before I go onto explaining why, I want to say that I'm sick of so many people ragging on today's music and saying it was so much better before. Yes, there are a lot of crappy bands around now, but there were a lot of crappy bands around in the 60s, 70s, and 80s too. We just think music went downhill because we're forced to listen to the crappy music now. Why do we not think there was as much crappy music in past decades? Maybe because since it was so crappy it died and no one cares anymore? Please try to keep an open mind to modern things. Change is important to growing as a society, and yes MCR's Black Parade was horrid, but I did like Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. Fall Out Boy has destroyed what teens know to be rock, but there's a lot of bands trying to keep it together today too. Tool, Disturbed, AFI, Avenged Sevenfold, and a bunch of other bands too (You may not like one or some of those bands, but they're real in what they do). Now, onto my reasons.

Rock - Simply because it's a genre that speaks about love of life and partying and enjoying the time you have here and now. Listen to the album "Back in Black" by AC/DC and you'll understand what I'm talking about. That entire album is about partying, women, and just livin it like there's no tomorrow. I think the lyric that truly defines rock is "I've got 9 lives, cat sized, abusing every one of them and running wild." which is, of course, in the song Back in Black.

Blues - Because the blues had a baby and they named it Rock N Roll. The blues are pure heart and soul and music. Lyrics and vocals and beats aren't important, it's about expressing yourself in your instrument. Stevie Ray Vaughan is the best guitarist ever in my opinion because you could hear his heart sing with every note. All these legendary blues guitarists who could sell out stadiums still play at bars that can hold no more than 300 or 400 people in them cause they just love the music. Not to mention some of them are going to be lying in the dirt soon since they're so old. They just want to play the blues til the day they die, and that's something anyone can respect.

Metal - Because it comes in so many different forms. However I am VERY picky about my metal, mainly because I love it so much. Death metal is complete and utter garbage musically. I admit it could be enjoyable to listen to, I don't see how, but that's upto personal taste. But, musically I have not ever heard a good death metal band. BLACK metal, I do highly enjoy though because it's heavily artistic. Children of Bodom is very neo-classical and they put a lot of work into their songs. Cradle of Filth is(was) very poetic and put a lot of musical quality in their music, incorporating things like opera and orchestras. And I could go on, but black metal I love most of. Then you got Fantasy metal like Dragonforce, which is fun, however the band lacks serious creativity. And it's just very diverse. Also, TRUE metal doesn't whine about problems in life, but talks about shooting all your problems in the face and not taking anything from anyone. It's the true "stick it to authority" type of music.

And that's that. I may post more in here later

Wlfwnd91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2007, 02:54 PM   #35
BluE_MeaniE
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BluE_MeaniE Send a message via MSN to BluE_MeaniE

Are you implying that Children of Bodom and Cradle of Filth are black metal? And then saying all of death metal is garbage?

Last edited by BluE_MeaniE; 05-1-2007 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: Took out the pretentiousness
BluE_MeaniE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2007, 04:57 PM   #36
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo
Default Re: Tipe of music you like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebloodtexan View Post
Way to go, Mims. You've delved into the world of instrumentals, which you probably didn't even get involved with the writing of the music.
It's funny because Why I'm Hot has got to be the worst use of synthesizers in a hip-hop song in the world. I mean, c'mon:
C C C G G G E E E A A A A A A A (ad naseum)
Old 05-2-2007, 06:55 PM   #37
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Default Re: Tipe of music you like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_carbo View Post
It's funny because Why I'm Hot has got to be the worst use of synthesizers in a hip-hop song in the world. I mean, c'mon:
C C C G G G E E E A A A A A A A (ad naseum)
I felt that the musical track barely passed on my standards. Seeing as a lot of hip-hop these days doesn't even need that much musical talent, I've been a bit lenient on musical tracks.

And I forgot to add in R & B - Chords + good song subjects + good vocalists = near perfection. This is mostly R & B from the 90's. Boyz II Men, Babyface, Keith Sweat, you name it. I agree that the constant "let's make love" songs started in the late '80's to early '90's, but the love-making wasn't just making man-whores of themselves, but to enjoy what they feel was a romantic evening.

Nowadays, however, R & B isn't even what I like to call R & B anymore. Particulars are T-Pain (shudder), a little bit of Akon, and Pretty Ricky. I'll go ahead and rant on them a bit.

I thought T-Pain's "I'm Sprung" was a decent song. Suddenly, it turned around to "I'm In Love With A Stripper". Dating strippers was also the nature of Akon's "I Wanna Love You". Considering what the hip-hop/R & B community is these days, the strippers that they speak of can't be any good.

And Pretty Ricky is a decent song, but all they talk about is sex - I haven't heard any of their OWN songs (They were in Pitbull's "Everybody Get Up") that doesn't include 3 straight verses of virtually endless expression of how many girls they've tapped and the different techniques they know. Although I found their album "Bluestars" acceptable, I was pretty sick of them after hearing "Hotline".

First off, haven't they contracted an STD by now? Second off, why are you calling your girlfriend at 5 AM? I mean, she probably does need her sleep, I don't care how sprung she is. Third, why in the living hell don't you stop talking to her over the phone and have sex with her if you're talking so dirty to her!? If I were that girl, I'd prefer that than hearing all the crap they're doing x miles away.

Old 05-6-2007, 05:45 PM   #38
soccer345
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to soccer345

I like metal, but not screaming every second metal if you know what I mean. I also like rock in general. Why? Because I can't stand rap, and rock is like the opposite of rap(besides country).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexaypickle View Post
I enjoy country, although i get a lot of crap for it, i like it because many of the songs i can relate to, and the sound of the stringed instruments in a lot of the songs always seems to calm me down.
Country isn't bad, but a lot of people don't like it. My favorite country song is Hicktown, or that's what I think its called...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
Someone is angry.. I think you need a new hobby or something. Maybe some balance in your life. The medication just isn't working anymore dude.

Wouldn't it be cool if I really was the CEO of ScrewingSynth "Corperation"? Hot

Cheers,

Synthlight

Last edited by soccer345; 05-6-2007 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: Who needs a reason?
soccer345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2007, 05:45 PM   #39
skydragon957
FFR Player

rock i like rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
skydragon957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2007, 06:07 PM   #40
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydragon957 View Post
rock i like rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And why is that?