VxDx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to VxDx

indeed
VxDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 04:10 PM   #43
UltimateSoul
FFR Player

I don't believe God sends people to eternal torment for not believing in him.
I believe he judges based on the actions and merits of a person.
When the Bible says "the only way to heaven, is through me,"I believe this refers to act as he would want us to act, to mirror his actions.
Old 04-24-2004, 04:56 PM   #44
SUSUGAM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracIV
Aleco, we don't even know if anyone has ever been sent to eternal tomrent. For all we know, hell could be a ploy to keep people in check out of fear. Especially sinners.
Wow... hell being a fear tactic?! Or was that the entire religion... Either way, wtf do you mean by... "the bible doesnt contradict itself! god just has different things at different times... which happend to be opposing..." this is what im getting out of what you said. If the bible is wrong once, then no other part can be held as fact. And i thought god was omnopresent... and impervious to time... how could he change his mind?
SUSUGAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 05:06 PM   #45
aleco
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to aleco

UltimateSoul: There is no way anyone can go to heaven by works. It's just impossible.
SUSUGAM: He doesn't change his mind. He doesn't contradict himself. He tells us what we need for when we need it.
If you misinterpret it....
Old 04-24-2004, 05:45 PM   #46
DracIV
FFR Player

lol

I just realized that no one has thought to question whether or not Jesus was the son of god or just a fanatic who wanted to be remembered. That would be an interesting thing to discuss. Most of the contradictions in the Bible are between the Old Testament and the New Testament, changes in everything from attitude to worship. If you ask me, Christians worship Jesus a lot more than they worship their god. (But supposedly they are one in the same to prevent any extra gods or demigods from existing, even though they are also not one in the same at the same time to prevent a story contradiction).
DracIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 06:09 PM   #47
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl

To answer part of the original questions posed in this thread, it is my religion's belief that those who never have a chance to learn about God will be taught in the afterlife, in a Spirit World. It is up to them whether or not to accept things there. Now, we don't exactly know what's going to go on in the Spirit World... like... how it's all supposed to pan out. It's supposedly harder to accept everything there then it would be if that person heard about it hear on earth, so apparently, it's something suttle.

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET
Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 09:06 PM   #48
peregrine
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to peregrine

According to what I know of Dante's Divine Comedy (which has more or less all the elements of Cristian mythology in it) The way it's determined where you'll go is this:

pure souls, sinless, do-gooders (all have to be believers): Heaven

repenting sinners, desiring of forgiveness (still believers): Purgatory... eventually Heaven

unrepenting sinners, blasphemers, heretics, and good people who CHOOSE not to believe: Hell (9 different levels of hell, depending on particular kind of offence)

but what about people who never had the chance? Unbaptised babies, and people who never heard "the word": Limbo (defined as neither good or bad, just a neutral existence)

well, that's what I've gathered over the years, hope it's correct.

btw.. if any christians took offence to me calling it a mythology, let me explain... all the dogmatic rules and preachings of other humans is questionable, since mankind is imperfect and can therefore misinterpret God. I refer to all the minor details and stories as the mythology, your own personal beliefs and faith is the true part of the religion.
peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 06:03 AM   #49
aleco
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to aleco

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrine
According to what I know of Dante's Divine Comedy (which has more or less all the elements of Cristian mythology in it) The way it's determined where you'll go is this:

pure souls, sinless, do-gooders (all have to be believers): Heaven

repenting sinners, desiring of forgiveness (still believers): Purgatory... eventually Heaven

unrepenting sinners, blasphemers, heretics, and good people who CHOOSE not to believe: Hell (9 different levels of hell, depending on particular kind of offence)

but what about people who never had the chance? Unbaptised babies, and people who never heard "the word": Limbo (defined as neither good or bad, just a neutral existence)
1)There are no sinless people. No one is perfect besides God.
2)One's who believe don't need purgatory.
3)I don't know what hell is like so I can't respond to that one.
4)Babies don't have a chance, but other people do. God can be seen everywhere. Hearing definitely helps, but you don't need to hear.

I don't think anyone has an answer to some of these questions, it is beyond comprhension. What can we do?
Old 04-25-2004, 06:12 AM   #50
DracIV
FFR Player

It most definately not beyond comprehension to many. We can explore it until we find a good answer.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:22 AM   #51
User6773

Maka's arguments are extremely ironic because he supposes that abscence of proof of God somehow discredits God's existence.

You ignore faith wholeheartedly. I talk to God. I know he's there. Sometimes he talks back. Just because he doesn't seem real to you doesn't mean he doesn't seem real to me. And if life has taught you one thing, it should be that what seems obvious to some is completely hidden to others.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:56 PM   #52
makaveli121212
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to makaveli121212

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardish
Maka's arguments are extremely ironic because he supposes that abscence of proof of God somehow discredits God's existence.
really where did i say that
makaveli121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 04:01 PM   #53
UltimateSoul
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleco
UltimateSoul: There is no way anyone can go to heaven by works. It's just impossible.
I believe there are several ways to get to heaven and that believing in God alone won't do it.The same may be true for works but then again these are just my beliefs.I think that if one did not believe in God but acted as God wanted him to, God would allow him easily.
There are good people all over the world and they all have different religions;being denied access to heaven for not believing is hard for me to accept.
To me, the greater belief is goodwill towards others.
I know this sounds idealistic but thats what I believe.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:07 PM   #54
DracIV
FFR Player

Well guess what? You're all wrong. God doesn't exist, only fools would believe that. Your book is total lies. The faith of the Hindu is the only truth, and any who believe otherwise are doomed to a fate worse than your hell. All you have is a bias book of fake stories about a non-existant god. The Hindu path is the only way to achieve happiness. You cannot show any evidence that your faith is true, but the Hindu faith is the obvious truth no matter who you are.

(note: I'm not Hindu, but you guys are obviously all Christian, so I decided fighting fire with fire might be a fun debate)
Old 04-25-2004, 04:31 PM   #55
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

REEEEEEE!!![loud buzzer noise] This is a thread about beliefs Christianity, so we're not debating the "real" religion.

Nobody needs to respond to that last comment.

However, if you are so inclined, make a different thread regarding that, Drac.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 05:37 PM   #56
JustJono
FFR Player

I believe any person who has good will toward others will go to heaven, no matter what religion he is of. I know that the only way to heaven is through Jesus, but Jesus is goodwill. He represents the good of the world.

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Jono.asp
JustJono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 08:26 AM   #57
hollyholly
FFR Player

Default Re: Another Religion Thread... Cause its fun.

[quote="VxDx"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSUGAM
1) If those who do not beleive that christ is the savior, or rather do not beleive in god at all go to hell... does this mean all people before Jesus was alive got automatic passes to hell?
No. Those Jews alive before the birth of the Christ were forgiven because they believed in the coming of the Messiah. Those who did not believe the Messiah would come to erase their sins went to Hell, just as those who don't believe in him today will.
hollyholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 08:56 AM   #58
Anonymous
FFR Player

1) This is a difficult question, but not because I don't know if the answer is "No" or "Yes". It's obviously no. The tough part is explaining why. First of all, in times before Jesus, people identified themselves with God by offering burnt sacrifices. By offering these sacrifices in accordance with the Messianic Law specifically passed down by God himself, they were saved, via what is known as "The Old Covenant". This is specifically referred to in the Bible as such. The Old Covenant was only extended to Jews. When Jesus died to satisfy God's justice, the "New Covenant" was born, and people became saved under it, by identifying themselves with Jesus. Thus, the answer is a swift and total "no". At least according to Biblical Christian beliefs. Jews would say differently.

2) Wow, you really go for the tough questions, don't you? This is another toughie. This question is sorta akin to the questions "What if a child dies in the womb?" and "What if someone is mentally retarded to the point where they are unable to accept Christ?" There are many views on this, and as far as I know, the Bible doesn't specifically say one way or another. Thus I must supply my own opinion. No. Because these were never shared the Gospel with, it would be outside of God's justice to punish them. THIS IS NOT BIBLICAL, AND IS ONLY MY OWN OPINION. I hope this answers your questions.
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:00 AM   #59
hitokiri_diesel
FFR Player

Curse you FFR! Logging me out at the last minute
hitokiri_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:54 AM   #60
Jam930
FFR Player

Ghosts - Spirits of the dead still on earth

Aliens - Organisms not on our planet

Santa Claus - Large man who flies in a sled pulled by raindeer, delivering presents to those good, once a year

God - Ultrapowerful man in the sky who made us. To question him is to be struck down and sent into a place with a lot of fire, pain, and bad stuff. He created the entire universe and could make your head pop off with a snap of his fingers.

Lochness Monster - Big reptile of some lake

Boogy Man - Dude who creeps around in the night scaring children

What to believe?