Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 04:17 PM   #13001
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x
Default Re: MapleStory

Awesome, thanks Afro. But its like I play everyday and just really suck at leveling.. I quit playing all together and im just now picking it back up. Sounds like Fighter is it for now, unless someone can object to your statements. Then I may have to reconsider. BTW, anyone got a guide as to where I should put my skill points around this time?

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:17 PM   #13002
magister_negi_magi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to magister_negi_magi

I play in Windia. I am pretty much, the only one.
ANyway, "DesuNote".
Reached level 62, yay.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:19 PM   #13003
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

Oh yea.. Power leveling... who wants to do that for me?

Old 04-20-2007, 04:50 PM   #13004
MagicCarpetRide
Skware One
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MagicCarpetRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by magister_negi_magi View Post
I play in Windia. I am pretty much, the only one.
ANyway, "DesuNote".
Reached level 62, yay.
I tried to add you to my buddy list, but yours is full.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #13005
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87x View Post
Oh yea.. Power leveling... who wants to do that for me?
It doesn't really work very well...

Except for those with Power Guard. You get enough HP to take a hit from Grims and have Power Guard and you can get levels FAST as long as you have a priest friend to heal you.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:24 PM   #13006
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Any priests want to be my friend? How much HP do I need exactly, and where is this power guard. Also, Parties? are they worth it?

Old 04-20-2007, 05:24 PM   #13007
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I kinda wish I kept my HP warrior. I deleted it and replaced it with a sin which never got past level 1. Then I ended up deleting the sin so now I have a free space :/
Old 04-20-2007, 06:52 PM   #13008
Pascow
smoke 'em if ya g0t 'em.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87x View Post
Any priests want to be my friend? How much HP do I need exactly, and where is this power guard. Also, Parties? are they worth it?

Party.

High level, yes. Level 1-70 no. Smart people PQ till 70 ( or whenever you can opq till ). I've never had a char over 50 myself but I'm guessing with the cleric skill that doubles exp in 3rd job parties are vital in the future.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:10 PM   #13009
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Is there anywhere better to train for I/L mages now? I'm considering starting mine back up, but from what I can see Wizet just keeps giving f/p more and more places to train, and making every ice or lit weak monster extremely advantageous for hermits... anywhere I can go except flyeyes or zombies?

Old 04-20-2007, 08:40 PM   #13010
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Eric, have you been to Retz? It's **** now because of the quest, but once it dies down, Retz is awesome exp for lit. Some even hang around when they get Ice Strike and get exp by 1hking multiple Retz at once with high spawn rate.

And as for questions regarding partying: partying is ALWAYS better exp if the killrate between party members is about the same. Simply partying gives a 10% boost. The only time that this isn't true is when there is a large level discrepancy, but if that was the case, the kill rate would likely not be comparable anyway. In short, partying with another person who kills at the same rate as you is like getting 110% experience.

And for warriors leeching at grims... they just need enough HP to take a hit. I don't know how much that is exactly, but probably around 2k? Anyway, Power Guard (a 2nd job skill for Pages and Fighters) distributes damage 100% of the time without regard to accuracy. So when the priest (or anyone else in the party if you can manage to find a party that'll take a low level leeching warrior in) kills the grim that took a bit of damage from the low level warrior, the low level warrior will get MASSIVE amounts of exp even though the level that their at is too low of a level to get pure leech exp.

ps Pascow: PQs are only fast exp if you cheat. If they were instanced like in WoW, they'd be good exp, but fact is that it's impossible to guarantee good exp from a PQ unless you cheat. Also, Pascow, Holy Symbol is only a 150% exp in parties (plus the normal party exp boost) and 110% exp solo.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:55 PM   #13011
ProtoMDS
FFR Player

Late posts FTW.

Concerning Afro's description of warriors:

Crusaders are actually quite effective in mobs. A 1XX Crusader with maxed combo and coma can dispatch Gobies at the same rate as a 12X Dragon Knight. If you want big damage immediately at third job, be disappointed; Combo won't get good until level 77 or so, so you'll have to wait.

Really nothing to gripe about WKs. They're hell in second job, but great in 3rd and 4th.

A Dragon Knight is indeed for priest hogging. Not because they're sexy (admittedly HB IS sexy) but because DKs lack the soloing power of the other two jobs. The Sader and WK have Power Guard from second job to reduce bump damage, as well as having an increased damage in 3rd job (a WK will have a 1.5x damage on a monster that's weak to the element they're using, as well as a multiplier from the charge itself, and the Sader gets increased damage from the orbs of Combo Attack). A DK has Spear Crusher, which attacks 3 monsters for 3 times at 170% per hit, and Polearm Fury which attacks 6 monsters for 250% damage at 1.36x faster speed.

Concerning weapon choice, the difference between 1 hand and 2 handed weapons:
Two handed weapons are about power. If you have a 2 handed sword and a 1 handed sword with the same weapon attack, the 2 handed sword will always have a higher damage due to the damage formulas. The speeds range from Fast (Lionheart and a Ribgol Sword in jMS), Normal (The majority of 2 handed swords as well as some 2 handed axes) and Slow (Most, if not all, of the 2 handed Maces, the rest of the 2 handed Axe, and a 2 handed Sword called the Berzerker)

One handed swords are about speed and defense. A one handed weapon will do more attacks per minute over two handed weapons, exclusions MAYBE being the Ribgol Sword and the Lionheart. Also, one handed weapons have the advantage of using shields for extra W.DEF and/or STR/DEX that come along with some of the higher levelled shields. justsomeguy over at Sleepywood.net posted that one handed swords will outdamage 2 handed swords on monsters with higher HP over a long run, I'm not personally sure about this.

Spears and Pole Arms are quite a tricky class. You can be a pure Spearman, which will give you the benefit of a maxed Spear/Pole Arm Mastery, Final Attack and Booster, a Hybrid 1.5 Spearman which gives you the benefit of maxed Spear+Pole Arm Masteries and one maxed FA, at the cost of reduced Booster, and a Pure Hybrid, which gives you the Benefit of Maxed Spear+Pole Arm masteries and Boosters, at the cost of no Final Attack.
You may be asking "Why bother with hybrid?" The answer lies within the animations; Slashing and Stabbing. Slashes are far stronger with Pole Arms, and stabs are stronger with Spears. Stabs are Weaker for Pole arms, and slashes are weaker for Spears.
Pole Arms and Spears have a swing / slash ratio of 2 : 3; 2 stabs for 3 slashes. In second job, this gives Pole Armers the advantage.
In Third job, the ratio will not apply (Except for the skill Sacrifice), as animations are forced for most skills. Dragon Fury will always slash, Crusher/Buster will always stab. The power of these skills rely within the mob size.
In small mobs, which is what you'll normally find, a Spear Crusher user will completely rape a Dragon Fury user; The raw power of Spear Crusher on a small number of monsters completely negates the higher % per hit, the higher target number and the speed of Dragon Fury. On higher mobs, however, which is what you'll find on the ground floor at places like Grim Phantom Watches or Master Death Teddies, Pole Arm Fury will completely rape Spear Crusher there; the higher % per hit, the increased attacking speed as well as the higher target number will do that. Most Dragon Knights use a variation of weapons during training to take advantage of both skills.

The difference between Axe/Sword and Mace/Sword is very much similar to Spears and Pole Arms. Swords will do 100% damage on a regular attack, no matter what the animation is, whether it be slashing or stabbing. Axes and Maces on the other hand, have a weaker and a stronger attack; They will be stronger on slashing, but weaker at stabbing (I think it's 125: 75 damage as opposed to 100: 100 of swords). Again, there is a 3 : 2 ratio of slashing to stabbing, but if you go Mace or Axe, be prepared for unstable damage. My level 42 Axe Fighter will hit 1.5k with Power strike on a slash, followed by a 600 on a Stab. That's with 60% mastery.

le Edit: 87x, a skill build.
In first job, do things in this order:
*get 5 Improving HP Recovery
*Max Improving HP increase.
*Max both Power Strike and Slash Blast, the order depends on your training style.
*Raise Endure or HP recovery for the remaining two levels, you may want to consider putting 1 point into Iron Body if you are going to become a Fighter. (+2 Weapon Defense to cancel out the - 10 Weapon Defense of Rage).

As a Fighter:
*1st point into Rage if you want, highly NOT recommended.
*Raise [Weapon] Mastery to 19.**
*Raise [Weapon] Booster to 6. ***
[*
If you plan to go Partying a lot, max Rage first.
*If you plan to solo a lot, go [Weapon] Final Attack first
]
*Max Power Guard.
*Max Booster.
*Raise Mastery to 20, put the last point on whatever.

** Why raise [Weapon] Mastery to only 19? The 1 accuracy is not needed immediately, it's the weapon mastery % (60 %) that matters.
*** 6 Booster lasts for a minute, which is all you should need for now.

As a Page:
*First Point into Threaten (Highly not Recommended).
*Raise [Weapon] Mastery to 19. **
*Raise [Weapon] Booster to 6. ***
*Max [Weapon] Final Attack.
*Raise Threaten to 3.
*Max Power Guard.
*Max [Weapon] Booster
*Max Threaten.
*Max [Weapon] Mastery, last point into whatever.

** See Fighter's **.
*** see Fighter's ***.

Spearman.
If you are going Pure:
*Raise [Weapon] to 19
*Raise [Weapon] Booster to 6
[
*If you plan to party a lot, raise Iron Will to 3 and max Hyper Body.
*If you plan to solo train, max [Weapon] Final Attack.
]
*Max [Weapon] Booster.
*Max Iron Will OR Iron Body from 1st job (Maxing Iron Body requires you to have put 3 points into Iron Body at 1st job).
*Max [Weapon] Mastery, put last Point into whatever.

Hybrid builds are too complex, and I'm short on time. I'll let someone else post one.
how Craig isn't shooting lasers from his eyes and destroying entire cities in wrath is beyond me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson
Usually the good lord works in mysterious ways. BUT NOT TODAY. This here is 66 tonnes of straight up, HE spewing divine intervention. If God is love, then you can call me Cupid.

Last edited by ProtoMDS; 04-20-2007 at 10:08 PM..
Old 04-20-2007, 10:17 PM   #13012
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

The problem with partying is that no one kills as fast as me unless they are a significantly higher level(like 3rd jobbers with AoE skills).

Maybe I just always run into noobs or something, but I'd rather solo.

@Afro what do you mean cheat? AC? Smuggle?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:26 PM   #13013
ImEric12
FFR Player

hmmm... in that case, wanna party at Retz, Shayne? (after they die down, a bit, of course)

Old 04-20-2007, 10:53 PM   #13014
Bahamut-X
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

holy ****ing ****

its 87x

and he's playing maplestory O____O

ps haven't played in forever cause this game is really pissing me off, sorry eric I took your money since you said you were quitting but if you're starting back up I'll gladly give you what you need. Maybe I'll play again tonight.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:11 AM   #13015
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

OMG Tee. She scared the **** out of me. Look at where she is. She has the pre-school hat on with pink shirt... >_>

Old 04-21-2007, 02:17 AM   #13016
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMDS View Post
Crusaders are actually quite effective in mobs. A 1XX Crusader with maxed combo and coma can dispatch Gobies at the same rate as a 12X Dragon Knight. If you want big damage immediately at third job, be disappointed; Combo won't get good until level 77 or so, so you'll have to wait.
I only said that they're not as effective in mobs because I outkill them in full mobs when I party at grims (smaller mobs I'd have to get a headstart on to outkill). I don't believe I have ever outkilled any other class like that, except CB I guess.

@tosh: yes I meant smuggle or AC. Those are the only way to get good exp for sure from PQ and both are cheating. It's one thing to smuggle PQ items to show off, but to rush PQs for SUPER FAST exp using a glitch... that's just no better than vacking as far as I'm concerned.

ps I need to get a zhelm

pps I did pap today with a bunch of pros. Lots of them were 140, but I think pretty much everyone was at least 130. Killed so fast and we didn't even have a CB blowing up.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:22 AM   #13017
ImEric12
FFR Player

Yeah, I could probably use some money later, but I'm okay for now. I'll need loans or something once I get to 75 or whatever the level for DRs is.

Old 04-21-2007, 12:26 PM   #13018
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Thanks for the info everyone. Im just going to be a Fighter and Stick with 1 handed swords. You didn't mention anything about Stat points, just 3 STR 2 DEX(to keep it dbl my level)? Does anybody have a character in Bera? Also, whats good xp for me.. Right now im camped up at the excavation site killing the things with wood, or stone covering their faces and Ghost stumps. Its .09- .06 xp, and they are moderately easy to kill.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:58 PM   #13019
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEric12 View Post
hmmm... in that case, wanna party at Retz, Shayne? (after they die down, a bit, of course)
If its good exp, sure.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:07 PM   #13020
ffrrocksya
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ffrrocksya Send a message via Yahoo to ffrrocksya

lol I'm only level 8 in maple story

FC's:52
AAA's:11
Tokens:18
Skill Tokens:3

I play with one hand