Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2004, 07:49 AM   #1
DaynieBurger
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DaynieBurger Send a message via Yahoo to DaynieBurger
Default Question..

Hey, does anyone here do homeschooling? I'm considering next year to be home schooled.. and I was hoping maybe someone can fill me in on what goes on.
DaynieBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 07:54 AM   #2
dontcareaboutmyid
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to dontcareaboutmyid Send a message via Yahoo to dontcareaboutmyid

I know people that were homeschooled, does that count.

They've told me its much more lax, but they have the same if not more workload. But you're also more likly to do the fun things such as "educational fieldtrips". Assuming you're in first grade by the way.
dontcareaboutmyid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:02 AM   #3
Jam930
FFR Player

well i know like...10 people in homeschooling. It's cheaper...its easier, but you lose a lot of friends and fall out of fashion. Schools are better, if they're a good school and ur enjoying urself.

Good luck =D
Old 04-15-2004, 08:07 AM   #4
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

lol.. shit... i wish i was home schooled.. cheaper?.. dont know about that..

the teacher (whomever it it) has to buy ALL of the books for every class..
like 1st grade through 12 grade.. thats atleast 4 books a grade level, thats 48 books.. which isnt cheap...

and who cares about fashion?.. if i could stay at home and get taught i would never get out of my p.j's...

i know one person that was homeschooled and they loved it more than anything.. friends and popularity aren't everything.. and since you will lose mostly all of your friends when you graduate there is really no point to having them..

if your able to get home schooled.. DO IT.. its way better than having to deal with a few hundred to a few thousand idiots everyday..

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:19 AM   #5
Jam930
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87x
cheaper?.. dont know about that..

and who cares about fashion?..

friends and popularity aren't everything.. and since you will lose mostly all of your friends when you graduate there is really no point to having them..
ummm....what the hell?

first of all you lose everything eventually. when you're a rotting skeleton in my closet, does anything matter? just die right now. You need to experience, live, have fun.

You are a stupid person.

My friends are everything, we have good times and go out and have fun and well...highschool is great.

if you have no friends, hate life, and just want to rott in your pjs like the most insignificant piece of crap ever, go do that.

if you'd rather just sit at home in your PJs eating lunchables and hitting the books then you're one sad little person.

get out of the house.
=D
Old 04-15-2004, 08:19 AM   #6
DaynieBurger
FFR Player

Yeah.. I have nothing to lose really, my highschool stinks, alot.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:21 AM   #7
Jam930
FFR Player

switch schools.

=D
Old 04-15-2004, 08:40 AM   #8
IAMTHEEVILBEAN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to IAMTHEEVILBEAN

Ask Arch0wl.

He is home schooled.
IAMTHEEVILBEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:16 AM   #9
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

Quote:
first of all you lose everything eventually. when you're a rotting skeleton in my closet, does anything matter? just die right now. You need to experience, live, have fun.
I do have fun.. but not at school.. and since everything i said is true, you really don't have an arguement other than the fact of what you believe.. You value the "friends" that you have right now, and i guess you care about being fashionable..

From reading this im guessing you are either in 9th and 10th grade.. Being a senior i know more about this than you do.. i know of many situations where after high school you lose touch with the "friends" you had in high school.. i have never known anybody to keep ALL of there friends after high school and continue to hang out with them.. it just doesn't happen..

Since i was talking about losing the most of your friends anyway, and not losing all of your friends, i don't want to be a "rotting skeleton in my closet", i do go out and have fun with the friends that I have... but I can guarantee this.. if given the opprotunity to get home schooled, i wouldn't think twice about comming back to school.. i would say my good byes, and be done with it..

I don't hate life, and for you to asume that just because someone hates going to highschool, you my friend are the very stupid person... I actually enjoy life.. I do hang out with my friends, and we DO have fun, we try to get together on Mondays and Sundays for just weekly hangouts.. I have a girlfriend, who makes me a very happy person..

I wouldn't plan on staying in my p.j's forever, just while i was being home schooled, like in the actual hours of the teachings, there would be no need to get dressed in actuall clothes to go sit in your living room and listen to your mom or tutor talking to me about government.... that would just be a waiste of time...

To actually think that you would analyze so deeply over something that i said is ridiculous... go read through my first post again.. and try to read into my sarcasm and exagerations... To honestly think that I wouldn't ever change out of my P.js is stupid...

When i said you "might as not have them", when i was refering to friends, i was talking about the excess friends... the ones you only asociate with at school, and never hang out with outside of school, the ones you never call or do anything with except laugh and joke at lunch or something..

Learn to read into things and not think everything is literal..

Old 04-15-2004, 10:06 AM   #10
VxDx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to VxDx

I agree with 87x, kinda. Outside of maybe 4 people, there isn't really anyone I care about seeing after this year. Those 4 people I could easily keep in touch with outside of school. Every other "friend" is really just a person with whom I pass the time at school.

I disagree with 87x in that I don't think he considered the fact that high school offers social development outside of your friends. You learn how to deal with people. That will serve you well in the long run.
VxDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:11 AM   #11
Specforces
Yes
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Specforces

I like High School, there about 5000 kids in my school and out of that I have about 1500 friends, about 140 pretty close. I wouldn't give it up for the world, the experiences that I have had.

Specforces
Old 04-15-2004, 10:14 AM   #12
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

I was going to quote 87x on that friends line too. Because that is true, regardless if you're going to lose them or not, some of them will stay and that's what, the first 17 years of your life you don't want to have any friends? That's just wrong, seriously.
Freak83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:18 AM   #13
_Blaze
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to _Blaze Send a message via MSN to _Blaze

Why do people associate being homeschooled with being an isolated, friendless, psychotic weirdo? I'm sure they're just as normal as everybody else.

Personally, I'm so introverted that I honestly do not care about a social life nearly as much as most people do. But...God gave me a lot of athletic talent. If I wasn't playing basketball and volleyball, you can bet anything that I'd be doing cyber-school. I wouldn't even think twice about it.
_Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:40 AM   #14
ananana
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ananana Send a message via MSN to ananana Send a message via Skype™ to ananana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam930
well i know like...10 people in homeschooling. It's cheaper...its easier, but you lose a lot of friends and fall out of fashion. Schools are better, if they're a good school and ur enjoying urself.

Good luck =D
Hi. You're COMPLETELY wrong!

Homeschooling is not cheap. In some sense it's easier, but it in others its not. Its less stressful. You can adjust your work to fit your strengths and weaknesses. I'm getting a WAY better education than the kids who go to public schools here.
Fall out of fashion? wtf?
And you're a very sad person if you need school just to make friends.
ananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:41 AM   #15
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxDx
I disagree with 87x in that I don't think he considered the fact that high school offers social development outside of your friends. You learn how to deal with people. That will serve you well in the long run.
Ok.. i agree with that.. I didn't even think about the sociological skills you would learn while being in school..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak83
the first 17 years of your life you don't want to have any friends? That's just wrong, seriously.
Where did that come from?.. or where you just being sarcastic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specforces
I like High School, there about 5000 kids in my school and out of that I have about 1500 friends, about 140 pretty close. I wouldn't give it up for the world, the experiences that I have had.
For some reason i Highly doubt that.. im not calling you a liar.. or even saying that your not popular.. im just saying that those numbers, probably aren't as high as you claim them to be.. I don't know you or your situation in high school.. just being friends with 1500 people, and close friends with 140 people out of 5000 seems somewhat off..

I don't know.. you might have all these friends.. but would you really consider them all CLOSE friends?.. like on a best friends list.. who you need to put all 140 of them because they are all that close to you?.. i can say that I have about 100 associates, like 20 friends, 3 or 4 CLOSE friends (ones that I will try and stay in contact with after high school), and 1 Best friend..

Your situation might be different though..

ps.. sorry for basically taking over your thread DaynieBurger, it was never my original intention..

Old 04-15-2004, 10:51 AM   #16
DaynieBurger
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87x
ps.. sorry for basically taking over your thread DaynieBurger, it was never my original intention..
Hah, I don't mind.. it's interesting where this debate is going.

There's plenty of other ways to have social interaction with your peers other than school. I think it takes the right type of person though to be able to be home schooled.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:53 AM   #17
ananana
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ananana Send a message via MSN to ananana Send a message via Skype™ to ananana

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaynieBurger
I think it takes the right type of person though to be able to be home schooled.
You're so right
ananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:28 PM   #18
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Only like maybe 3 or so of my IRL friends are my exact age. I think like 2 are younger than me by a year... the rest are older than me, because I've never really associated better with people my own age. I honestly don't think I've kept one friend whom I specifically met from when I was in public school.. I met all of my friends some other way.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:46 PM   #19
_Blaze
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to _Blaze Send a message via MSN to _Blaze

So how come you're in homeschool now? Was it your choice?
_Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:03 PM   #20
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Well originally I had to do it like 3 years ago because these kids started a rumor about me that got me expelled from school, but then I was like "hey, this rocks" and decided to stay.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote