Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 02:48 PM   #41
sugarbyte
FFR Player

Ugh! I know how annoying it is, especially when the people posting in the whole internet slang are little pre-teens with too much attitude for their age.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:06 PM   #42
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Well, this is off subject, but I have a shirt that is like the first part of Sugarbyte's signature. "There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't".

Most of my friends were like "What's bin-air-ee?" I was like "Hahahahahahahaha..."

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:11 AM   #43
CMCAdvanced
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to CMCAdvanced Send a message via Yahoo to CMCAdvanced

I can finally rejoice. Yay.
Chances are I am going to make more and more mistakes after reading this thouhg.
Of course, I pride my slef on good grammer and language usage.
Also. I am pretty much anti "1337" as any one could bee.
I hate my keyboard. Thought as an input device should be implemented in the next version of Windows.
Blarg she is a monster and will eat you.
But the one thing everyone should do it to go through there posts and edit them for content.
Then, and only then will your sins be repayed. Fools.
Outwar is teh r0xroz
falsh mioves are teh wo0t
omg!!1111!!00100110

How many mistakes are in this block of text?
I will give you a hint, a hell of a lot.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:13 AM   #44
1-4-4
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 1-4-4

???
Old 04-2-2004, 01:38 AM   #45
CMCAdvanced
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to CMCAdvanced Send a message via Yahoo to CMCAdvanced

Just say yes.
Old 04-2-2004, 01:49 AM   #46
Yami_no_Kouichi
FFR Player

*Blinks*

That was a whole lot of mistakes. Wow.

Proper grammar is nice, but everyone has the right to slack off every once in a while. I do.

And, for reference, I am NOT a preteen. I am old enough to drive, at least. If I had a car... *Blinks* Off subject. Going now.

Old 04-4-2004, 12:08 AM   #47
Jam930
FFR Player

heyy....no offense, but if you think what people write is too difficult to read...then dont decide to read it and then whine about it. that's like saying....."those damn egyptians". i dont think many people will bother to change they write just so someone else can have an easier time reading it! just my thoughts!
Old 04-4-2004, 05:34 PM   #48
disguisedangel
FFR Player

im not changing the way i type!this is the one place i can slack off and not worry about being bombshelled for missing an apostrophe or something like that!If i wanted to type with perfect grammar i would but i dont cuz i have to write with perfectio everytime i go offline its tiring ur always wondering if u forgot dsomething especially in school where it will go torward your grade so later when i get online and try to type perfectly i get nervous about missing something here or there and it takes me longer to type what i want to say
Old 04-4-2004, 05:39 PM   #49
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

I understand what you're trying to say, angel. And I'd agree with you, if you had a legitimate point. But there's no incentive to typing "u" instead of "you", especially when the latter not only makes your posts easier to read, it ultimately makes your points sound more intelligent. And there's no reason why you can't hit shift before typing "i". A spelling or grammar error every now and then is to be expected- nobody's going to ridicule you (seriously) for a spelling mistake.
Old 04-4-2004, 10:55 PM   #50
ktpch
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ktpch Send a message via MSN to ktpch Send a message via Yahoo to ktpch

Grammer does a person good... I mean well!
Old 04-5-2004, 06:17 PM   #51
chanty
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to chanty Send a message via Yahoo to chanty
Default The state of grammer-Moogy

Hey. I gatta say that yeah grammers good and all and its nice how you all wanna keep the proper English stream running. But really if you think about it... Would if theres some person online thats physically disabled and couldnt write the best they could so they had to write short words. I think that hearing this from you was stupid because your not ganna change my mind or anyone elses mind on this. How many people do you think are ganna listen to you? If i heard you blabing this on i wouldnt give a fuck and frankly i dont think anyone else would either unless there already freaks like you and know how to type all good. They also spend 2728428 hours on there computers. GEEKS. Go outside...breath get a life....go to a movie...MAKE FRIENDS.See ya thats all i gatta say. Good day.
Old 04-5-2004, 06:23 PM   #52
BluE_MeaniE
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BluE_MeaniE Send a message via MSN to BluE_MeaniE

Look, grammar exists for a reason. It's all there so everyone can write the same and read the same and understand everyone else. If you need to take a break from using correct grammar, then you probably shouldn't take a break at all and get some practice. Most of correct grammar should just come naturally to you. You don't have to go out of your way to proof-read every post, but it's not insane to ask you to speak and type so everyone can understand you.
Old 04-5-2004, 06:36 PM   #53
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Thank you for not being an idiot, BluE_MeaniE. Hopefully other people will take the hint, eh?

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Old 04-5-2004, 08:11 PM   #54
chanty
FFR Player

Yeah sure grammer exists fool. Who the hell wouldnt know that? If noones understood us then how come you can interpet "y" meaning why? Huh...if you can understand that then i'm sure you can live with it...baby. EVERYONES different...they all don't have to be like you guys where grammers the number one thing in they're lives...plus you guys sound like super geeks and if i were to meet you in life i would think you were terribly boring and correcting EVERYTHING i said. I'm telling you guys people are different and type different ways im sure you wouldnt want someone telling you how to fucking walk? ARe you guys ganna be debating that next...?
Old 04-5-2004, 08:15 PM   #55
BluE_MeaniE
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BluE_MeaniE Send a message via MSN to BluE_MeaniE

That's entirely different. There are a set of rules for writing, and everyone is supposed to follow them if they want to write English. Why can't you follow them? It makes everything so much easier.
Sure, we can understand you when you type "y," instead of "why," but it's just that much better to do it the correct, normal way.
Old 04-5-2004, 09:02 PM   #56
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd

Ironically, i've seen worse grammar in this topic than any other topic on this site (besides cjsknot and other d.s. children who attempt to make threads)
Old 04-7-2004, 04:11 PM   #57
chanty
FFR Player

Dude it doesnt make anything easier. Life is fucking tough and how is that ganna make it any easier plus im not ganna kept stopping to correct if i have a comma missing and i usually do. I cant type super fast so yeah. I think you guys should just leave people alone about this its stupid and so is this thread.
Old 04-7-2004, 07:27 PM   #58
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanty
Dude it doesnt make anything easier. Life is #$#ing tough and how is that ganna make it any easier plus im not ganna kept stopping to correct if i have a comma missing and i usually do. I cant type super fast so yeah. I think you guys should just leave people alone about this its stupid and so is this thread.
if you make a few grammatical mistakes, it's not a problem. If you write as if you had some form of mental retardation, you're more likely to be ignored/not taken seriously.

and why "ganna"? that's not even shorthand...it sounds like some kind of African food.
Old 04-7-2004, 07:54 PM   #59
chanty
FFR Player

What if i am African? Are you being racist? Man, i agree that everyone should try and use capitals or periods, but grammar? come on. Who cares? How does it influence what you do everyday? Why waste your time on something like this? From the way i've seen people talk on this site you're obviously not getting through to people, i don't really think they're going to change their ways just because a few people said they should. I mean, that's just sheepish. I personally think that if people want to type with "u" or "y" or whatever, let them. You can understand them obviously or you wouldn't be debating that they shouldn't use it, instead you'd be like "wtf?" and be incredibly dumb and looked down upon for being so stupid. Everyone is different, it's what makes the world go round, so instead of trying to conform everyone to a certain way, leave them alone.
Old 04-7-2004, 08:05 PM   #60
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

wel i think that liek if u rite like this it kinda hard read and it take like 2x longer to read a post wen it is write like this.

and how is saying "ganna sounds like an African dish" offensive? Well golly gee, i might as well just join the KKK for that insult.
Closed Thread