Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Most popular in 2 years?
Wii 48 49.48%
X-Box 360 19 19.59%
Playstation 3 19 19.59%
Other 11 11.34%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2007, 02:35 AM   #21
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

Default Re: console fight... in 2 years

Not to be rude or anything but who gives a ****?

You buy what you think is going to be fun or what you like, end of story.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:52 AM   #22
the_unda_doggz
Banned

Obviously Fallen has some sand in his vagina tonight...

So, I'm going to leave this thread alone until his next douching.
the_unda_doggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:03 AM   #23
ndthatsme
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ndthatsme

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_unda_doggz View Post
THE Wii IS NOT AS GOOD AS YOU MIGHT THINK IT IS, EVERYONE! PLAY IT FOR ABOUT 3 HOURS STRAIGHT AND THEN ASK YOURSELF ''Do I really want to buy this and play it every day?'' TRUST ME, IT GETS BORING REALLY FAST.
1. I already bought it and it would make no sense asking myself that question. :P

2. I've played it for more than 3 hours straight multiple times. (Can you say Zelda?)

3. I love my Wii and still play it almost every day.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:57 AM   #24
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

unda doggs, just because you don't like something doesn't mean everybody doesn't. Besides, this isn't about which is best, it's about which is selling more. At this rate, the Wii going to be the winner by far in 2 years, for sure. Who knows what the coming 2 years will bring, though. Maybe PS3 will get massive price cuts and tons of 3rd party exclusives and zomg hax.

But at this rate, PS3 is gonna fall hard and Wii is gonna dominate.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:51 AM   #25
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Sony already said there's no PS3 price cut until at least 2009.

Microsoft might cut the price to $350 or $300, but nothing is confirmed. They just recently broke even on production cost -> retail cost.

tugz, I have well over 200 hours on the console. 50 for Twilight Princess (twice), 50 for Elebits, and plenty of individual game time on my other five games. I'm looking to double my game collection in 2007 alone to fourteen games.

Video games aren't a chore. You don't have to play them for three hours every day. I'm in college and most of the time, I don't even turn the Wii on. But I wouldn't turn anything on because I just don't have the time. Wii has games that take the least amount of time to start up and chisel out a bit, and I still don't have the time for them.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:50 AM   #26
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

Soon as I get working again I am headig straight for a Wii. They released a classic controller which has been out for quite some time now and that's will make me a future happy customer.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:15 AM   #27
cC@Zz
FFR Player

I'm looking forward to a lot of great games coming out for the Wii. The PS3 will not do good with the lack of exclusive titles. The Wii is a fun system that is only going to get better in the long run.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:59 PM   #28
BigErnDawg
FFR Player

But Nintendo is notorious for making customers for playing the waiting game. I mean, i gave up on waiting for what would be Twilight Princess like a year after wind waker came out. (yes, i was a victim of dissappointment when they showed us the sweet graphics and gave us wind waker) I mean, it took at least a year before nintendo released a decent mario platforming game, which i thought should have been a release title. Gamecube has had too much of a drought period of time when there were no awesomely amazing new titles released, and that's my worry with the Wii is that they are promising us very good titles, but I just hate waiting though. That's why I'm still going with the 360 in this case, is that they are putting out a steady stream of good titles, and it's more for the casual gamer, which is generally the target audience these developers want to reach. PS3 is screwed though, i mean, are we really looking forward to a new final fantasy? all of their franchises have been on other systems.
BigErnDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #29
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

That's because Gamecube had very little third party support. Most of the third party developers went to PS2.

Though it goes without saying that all consoles had a drought toward the end of their life span. The meat of PS2's library comes from 2001-2005, really. XBOX had nothing remotely appealing in its last year or two of existance. People just played Halo 2 online or whatever.

The current "drought", as I explained, is no more than fanboy greed for exceedingly good games. These kids just eat games up like they're cheap desserts or something. There's no savory involved. It's just like "well i beat this game after 20 hours better go buy another one and throw this one away or something"
Old 03-19-2007, 06:49 AM   #30
MYZZ
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to MYZZ

I say that the PS3 would be top in 2 years.
To me Metal Gear Solid 4 / 1080p bluray / God of War 3 / 6-axis controller / Kingdom Hearts / FFXIII / Tekken 6 / GTA4 / free online / and HOME will be enough to keep me entertained with out the other systems.
Just my opinion.
MYZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:43 AM   #31
סּ_סּ
Banned

Send a message via AIM to סּ_סּ Send a message via MSN to סּ_סּ

I don't even think you can suggest hating the wii yet seeing as there are not enough decent games yet to give it a unbias rating. Consoles will feel a waste if there are not enough games to make the purchase worthwhile.
סּ_סּ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:41 PM   #32
BigErnDawg
FFR Player

I disagree MYZZ, the plan simple flaw of the PS3 is the fact that it's wayyy too much money. Ok, first you have the $600 dollar pricetag, then your going to have to buy the $60 dollar games, and to even use it to its full extent you need to buy an HD tv, so after about of a year of owning the system your already at a total of around 1000+ bucks, disregarding the cost of the massive power you need to use it, and the cost of the headache medication you'll need to buy.
BigErnDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:00 PM   #33
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYZZ View Post
I say that the PS3 would be top in 2 years.
To me Metal Gear Solid 4 / 1080p bluray / God of War 3 / 6-axis controller / Kingdom Hearts / FFXIII / Tekken 6 / GTA4 / free online / and HOME will be enough to keep me entertained with out the other systems.
Just my opinion.
Because you're absolutely certain those games will be coming out on PLAYSTATION 3. Not to mention exclusively, or at all for that matter.

As it turns out, Grand Theft Auto IV is not a Sony franchise anymore. Turns out it's going to be on the 360. So, minus one.

Is there even a God of War III in the works? Have you even played God of War II yet?! And what proof do you have that the studio is looking into the PLAYSTATION 3?

Kingdom Hearts III? Again, are you sure one is coming out? How can you be so certain that it'll be coming out on PLAYSTATION 3 if it does?

As it turns out, the 360 has 1080p and an HD movie format if you're so inclined to see thirty more irrelevant pixels. The 360 has the best online service around, even if it costs money. The 360 will be getting most, if not all, of the high-def franchises that are coming out this year.

I'm not mentioning Wii because you can't port a game to Wii that easily. Developers have to make a decision between PLAYSTATION 3 and XBOX 360 / Wii. A game for PS3 / 360 can be ported back and forth between them, but a game for Wii is fairly exclusive.

Oh, and you're basing the purchase of a $600 system on two confirmed titles and four unconfirmed titles, for a total of six games. Remind me again the reason why you've chosen to support this product?

Just as a reference, the day the Wii's lineup was officially announced at E3 2006, I was already interested in a dozen games. I am now interested in about twenty games. I won't be getting them all, but I show interest in that many games. They're all 2007 releases, too.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #34
סּ_סּ
Banned

Send a message via AIM to סּ_סּ Send a message via MSN to סּ_סּ

Oh ho ho chromer must be crying right now.

CAPCOM®'S DEVIL MAY CRY® 4 EXPLODING ONTO MULTIPLE PLATFORMS
The Next Generation of Capcom's Smash Hit Action Franchise Comes to Next Generation Systems, PC

SAN MATEO, Calif -- March 19, 2007 -- Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that the highly anticipated Devil May Cry® 4, already in development for Sony Computer Entertainment's PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™), is now also in development for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and for PC. Each version of the game will be maximized to take advantage of the systems' strengths, leading to a breath-taking visual and gameplay experience. Devil May Cry 4 will be released simultaneously for the PS3 and Xbox 360 system.

"Capcom is committed to making its titles available to as wide an audience as possible, and has been building its technology base to meet that goal," said Mark Beaumont, executive vice president, officer and head of Capcom consumer software publishing in the Americas and Europe. "This announcement means that PS3, Xbox 360 and PC owners worldwide will be able to experience the latest installment of one of Capcom's pillar franchises."

From the producer of the original Devil May Cry® and Resident Evil® 4 comes the next installment in the hugely successful stylized action series that has so far achieved global sales of nearly seven million units. Devil May Cry 4 immerses gamers in a gothic supernatural world, where a new protagonist clashes with a familiar hero. As the new leading man, Nero, players will unleash incredible attacks and non-stop combos using a unique new gameplay mechanic, his powerful "Devil Bringer" arm.

With the advanced graphical capabilities of the next-gen systems, high definition visuals and intricate detail come to life as players explore new and exotic locales. Dynamic action and undeniable style combine with unprecedented fighting options and a gripping story to produce the incomparable experience that only a Devil May Cry game can deliver.

DEVIL MAY CRY 4 FOR 360 WHOOPS SORRY SONY ANOTHER BIG EXCLUSIVE GONE WHAT IS AN EXPENSIVE CONSOLE WITHOUT IT'S EXCLUSIVES.
סּ_סּ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:57 PM   #35
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Osnap, it's actually official. It just got posted on Joystiq and Kotaku.

PC version! Awesome!

Exclusivity is approaching the end of its life on 360 and PS3. Each one will hold a few titles, probably (Halo will never move, for instance. Though it is a PC game...), but I foresee a whole bunch of dual-console titles.

Capcom just proved it for me. Devil May Cry 1, 2, and 3 were all Sony exclusives. Now they've branched out not only to Microsoft, but the PC-gaming world as well.

On the other hand, Nintendo games are exclusives. Why? Because you can't do the things you can do with the Wii Remote on any other console!

Let's review.

Former PLAYSTATION 3 exclusive titles:

Assassin's Creed
Grand Theft Auto IV
Devil May Cry 4
Virtua Fighter 5

Remaining exclusive franchises:

Tekken
Final Fantasy
Metal Gear Solid

MGS has already undergone the multi platform rumor game and came out with a "not at this time" verdict. Tekken is very unlikely to remain an exclusive title. Square Enix has been doing some crazy things with its exclusives as of late, allowing Nintendo to play host to some of its newest titles in other franchises and using the new Unreal engine from UT3. Not to mention that Final Fantasy was never a Sony exclusive; it started its life with Nintendo.

At this point, I'm actually considering getting a 360 when the price drop hits. It's looking like a formidable console if it's capable of stealing all of these exclusive titles from Sony.

Last edited by Squeek; 03-19-2007 at 10:08 PM..
Old 03-19-2007, 10:05 PM   #36
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

PS3 is going downhill...I can feel it.

Nintendo Wii will still live as well as the Xbox 360. PS3 just can't seem to see that. Playstation will end up as a portable platform in the end, and the PSP itself hardly has any good games. Wii is fun and original with its controls while Xbox 360 will still have its HD gaming experience with controls that everyone who disagrees with motion sensitivity and prefer with button controls. PS3 is now losing its third-party support because of the cost of making games in a blu-ray disc.
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:20 PM   #37
ape0
FFR Player

PS3 is also coming out with Home, which I think is awesome.
And has anyone here even heard of "LittleBigPlanet"? that's going to be the best game ever, where you can customize EVERYTHING
<------ Avatar = LittleBigPlanet
Old 03-19-2007, 10:23 PM   #38
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Question for you.

Is it worth $600?

"Home" is just about the same thing as "Second Life". Last time I checked, that was free. I just saved you $600.

I am among those who believe that Sony's most popular console of 2007, 2008, etc. will continue to be the PlayStation 2. Heck, I even bought one. The console has the best library of third party titles that you'll find anywhere.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:27 PM   #39
ape0
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Question for you.

Is it worth $600?
Yes, I have one and so far I'm pleased with it. The library will expand just like the Ps2 has, and the price will drop too...I hope
Old 03-19-2007, 10:38 PM   #40
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

"The library will expand just like the Ps2 has"?

That's just being naive.

The price won't drop for two years, and when it does, it'll go down to something still ridiculously high and still more than (or even double) the launch prices of the other consoles.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote