Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 11:07 PM   #341
Chrissi
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Chrissi
Default Re: A big problem for Evolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_unda_doggz View Post
I never said any of that because she was Christian, but what she was saying and how she believed it was so true. I would never say anything bad about someone just becuase of their religion.
:\ What did you expect from her?
Old 03-17-2007, 11:09 PM   #342
the_unda_doggz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissi View Post
No not really.

I'm not trying to be mean here, but to me, it sounds like you are exactly like the Christians just on the other side. You don't seem to understand the reasoning behind your choice - it seems to be socially guided. You don't seem to hold the ability to reason why you are an atheist, but it just "makes sense" to you and everything else sounds stupid.

Sound right? If not, don't worry, I don't mean to offend, this is just my observation.
And a wise observation it is, but the reason I believe that there is no God so much is the scientific evidence behind evolutionism. (Maybe that is socially guided?)
the_unda_doggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:11 PM   #343
the_unda_doggz
Banned

(Sorry for the double post here)

Quote:
:\ What did you expect from her?
I dunno, I thought since this was the Critical Thinking section of the forum, that she'd actually post stuff that makes sense and has proof?
Old 03-17-2007, 11:18 PM   #344
Chrissi
FFR Player

Quote:
(Sorry for the double post here)

I dunno, I thought since this was the Critical Thinking section of the forum, that she'd actually post stuff that makes sense and has proof?
I would be happier if you would do the same. It would make "our side" look better...
Old 03-17-2007, 11:21 PM   #345
the_unda_doggz
Banned

Evolution has no proof? o_O
Isn't Evolution our side?

I meant what she was trying to prove. (Creastionism)
It has no proof.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:24 PM   #346
Chrissi
FFR Player

She seems to think it has proof, but she won't give us any.

Same with you. You seem to think it has proof, but you were not giving any.

It's the same thing really. Just saying "THERE'S PROOF, REALLY!" doesn't work.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:28 PM   #347
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
By the way, I feel the need to mention this anytime someone talks about Evolution. Evolution is a fact. It merely denotes that species have changed over time, which is incredibly obvious to even the youngest of children. The process by which it occurs is what is being debated. This is where Natural Selection and Intelligent Design come into play.

The reason scientists continue to pursue the truth is because accepting Intelligent Design means there's no reason to study anything. Science is the study of things. To say "well, the solution is that it's something we can't understand no matter how hard we try" is against the rules of science. So, no matter what, this is going to stick around for a long, long time.
Please, people. Read.

Evolution is a fact. The theories out there explain how evolution occurred.

Denying evolution is a fact would be the same as looking at an ammonite or trilobite fossil and telling me that the animal in that fossil still roams Earth to this day.

And honestly, with the arguments I've seen in the last few pages of this thread, that's what you all sound like. Please keep your arguments logical. This is Critical Thinking, not "try to prove other people's religions wrong".
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:00 AM   #348
Chrissi
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Please, people. Read.

Evolution is a fact. The theories out there explain how evolution occurred.

Denying evolution is a fact would be the same as looking at an ammonite or trilobite fossil and telling me that the animal in that fossil still roams Earth to this day.

And honestly, with the arguments I've seen in the last few pages of this thread, that's what you all sound like. Please keep your arguments logical. This is Critical Thinking, not "try to prove other people's religions wrong".
Actually...

Yes, evolution is fact, but not because of what you said. You can't go and say evolution is true because "lolol dinosaurs existed and they aren't here today, pwned". Alternate explanation: they died out. Extinction doesn't necessitate evolution. Catastrophes happen and things eat things and stuff dries up.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:58 AM   #349
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Quote:
Yes, you can prove SCIENTIFICALLY that evolution is true!

Omg! AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
the_unda_doggz, do you know how sick I feel from reading your posts? Very. Every single time I read Choco's posts, she's trying to prove to you in some small way that she might be right, but the only thing you've been doing to prove yourself right are your insults. I'll say it once again, your arguments are not based on facts of evolution. They are based on your faith in the evolution "theory" and you are no better than Choco. Show me one post where you prove your theory is right with a fact other than "fossils" and I'll drop everything I have against you.

Of course, I'm not saying I don't believe in evolution because if anything, I'd be the first one to defend it.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:16 AM   #350
the_unda_doggz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugomaru View Post
Dear Tugz,
I'm trying to put down yours posts because mine are more sophisticated even though I am messing with you just like you were messing with choca. Blah blah blah...

~Tsugomaru

(-_-)
Old 03-18-2007, 03:15 AM   #351
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Long-ass thread.

Thought I'd throw in that the word theory, when used in scientific terms, means it's "not an unsubstantiated guess or hunch, as it can in everyday speech. A theory is a logically self-consistent model or framework for describing the behavior of a related set of natural or social phenomena. It originates from and/or is supported by experimental evidence (see scientific method). In this sense, a theory is a systematic and formalized expression of all previous observations that is predictive, logical and testable."

That's one big thing Creationists (rofl) like to throw around. That it's "just a theory" as if it was a guess (which in fact is what creationism is as there is no evidence of it whatsoever).
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:34 AM   #352
perkeyone
FFR Player

actually i think that infinity over infinity makes one because as you aproch infinity... 1over 1 is 1, 2 over 2 is 1, 99999 over 99999 is 1 ...you know the rule that anything over infinity aproches zero and infinity over anything aproches infinity cancle each other out
perkeyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:46 AM   #353
Chrissi
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkeyone View Post
actually i think that infinity over infinity makes one because as you aproch infinity... 1over 1 is 1, 2 over 2 is 1, 99999 over 99999 is 1 ...you know the rule that anything over infinity aproches zero and infinity over anything aproches infinity cancle each other out
It might be one.... but the problem is that it wasn't infinity over infinity, it was infinity minus 2 over infinity.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:51 AM   #354
RandomPscho
FFR Player

Infinity - 2 = infinity

infinity/infinity = undefined.
RandomPscho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #355
EXTR3M3 DDR
FFR Player

Thumbs down Re: A big problem for Evolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyhabenaro View Post
From what I know, Random Mutation and Natural Selction are the backbone of the evolution "fact".
I found this site that seems to clearly disprove the commonly accepted idea that random mutations and natural selection are driving evolution. I'm no expert on the subject but I am skeptical. I was wondering if anyone who knows more then me on this subject can find any holes in this reasoning, or is it correct. I'm still undecided so I'd appreciate your criticism and opinions.

http://www.randommutation.com/darwinianevolution.htm
I am a Christian, and I believe that this universe was created by God, and there is scientific evidence behind this. Scientists have found fish fossils on the top of Mount Everest. The only explanation for that is the Flood that occured in Genesis. And if evolution is real, then why aren't we still evolving?
Evolution is not real. Just look at the human body. It's extremely complex. Why would anybody believe that evolution created us?
Old 03-18-2007, 12:04 PM   #356
RandomPscho
FFR Player

Ever thought the fossils on top of mount everest were there before the mountain?

Quote:
And if evolution is real, then why aren't we still evolving?
Are you the exact same as either your mother or father? HELLO! Evolution at a small scale. And besides, new species are found all the time. Just recently a new big cat species was found. Humans have even evolved over the past thousand years, getting taller. I also hate it when people say "oh we are too complex for evolution to have happened." Look at fossils, they get progressively more advanced and diverse through time.

EVOLUTION HAPPENS.
RandomPscho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:20 PM   #357
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Quote:
The rule for infinity is once you give infinity a numerical value, it's no longer infinity.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:40 PM   #358
Chocaholic
FFR Player

Quote:
tell me choco...do you wear your seat belt?
um......... DUH!

LIVE like you where dieing,

WORK like you dont need the money,

LOVE like youve never been hurt.
"same-sex marrge in a state were they dont care, murder is wrong but jail times not fair, not to mention date,rape,felony,and car theft"~~~~ Hawk Nelson
"no matter where you go and what you do God will always love you; nothing can ever change that."
"its ok to be crazy just as long as it doesnt drive you nuts"
Chocaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #359
perkeyone
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocaholic View Post
um......... DUH!
you apparently did not read my next post

Quote:
why would you need to wear it... if its your time to die and god wills it then you will die... why worry about your seat belt? youll go to heven aparently

DUH cuz youll die and that will be it end of story no happy ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTR3M3 DDR View Post
I am a Christian, and I believe that this universe was created by God, and there is scientific evidence behind this. Scientists have found fish fossils on the top of Mount Everest. The only explanation for that is the Flood that occured in Genesis. And if evolution is real, then why aren't we still evolving?
Evolution is not real. Just look at the human body. It's extremely complex. Why would anybody believe that evolution created us?
please forget every thing you have ever thought you knew about evolution and fossil records and start over

Quote:
It might be one.... but the problem is that it wasn't infinity over infinity, it was infinity minus 2 over infinity.
oops i didnt read it right i guess

Last edited by perkeyone; 03-18-2007 at 12:50 PM..
perkeyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 01:33 PM   #360
the_unda_doggz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTR3M3 DDR View Post
That is exactly why Christians don't want to believe that cavemen were real.
You Christians wants to think that we have always been this evolved.
And RandomPscho is right, we have been getting taller over the years, and we have skeletons to prove it.
If you search Google Images, you will see that skeletons from 1700 a.d. and before have been noticeably smaller than our skeletons today.
And for the fish skeletons on Mount Everest, do you think that Mount Everest has been that tall forever?
Where the hell do you think that islands, continents, volcanoes, and mountains come from?
Under the ocean.

idiot