Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 10:25 PM   #321
the_unda_doggz
Banned

Default Re: A big problem for Evolution?

You are right I guess, but I don't use insults to make myself feel better or make people believe me more.

I use them because of mah rage.

I will stop using them...
Poo face >_>
the_unda_doggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:25 PM   #322
perkeyone
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissi View Post
:\ I'm serious. Everything you say sounds about 100 times more convincing if you refrain from using insults.

When you insult others, what you are saying is "I need to put you down to make myself feel better. If I make you look stupid enough, people will start to believe me instead of you. And I think I can make you look stupid by calling you stupid."

Now, if your points are good enough, they should stand on their own without name-calling.

Besides, it's just rude.
You’re lucky no one with a life would ever take the time to look through all your posts to see if you are a hypocrite
perkeyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:27 PM   #323
Chrissi
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Chrissi

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkeyone View Post
You’re lucky no one with a life would ever take the time to look through all your posts to see if you are a hypocrite
Oh, believe me, I am

But I think I use less insults than most people. I also refrain from them in any serious discussion. But sometimes if I am not being terribly serious, or I am just angry and not interested in discussion, well then.... it takes over.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:29 PM   #324
perkeyone
FFR Player

Quote:
Oh, believe me, I am

But I think I use less insults than most people. I also refrain from them in any serious discussion. But sometimes if I am not being terribly serious, or I am just angry and not interested in discussion, well then.... it takes over.
wooot yeah thats more like it!!!
....ehhem i mean....
we are all serious here... no fooling around at all
and we cant stay on topic to save our lives!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:29 PM   #325
the_unda_doggz
Banned

If you don't mind me asking, what sex are you, Chrissi?
(I'm thinking female because of the name?)

Sorry if I'm wrong. o_O

Quote:
and we cant stay on topic to save our lives!
Lol, true.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:31 PM   #326
Chrissi
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_unda_doggz View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what sex are you, Chrissi?
(I'm thinking female because of the name?)

Sorry if I'm wrong. o_O

Lol, true.
lol, you didn't know? I'm a girl, of course. I thought everyone knew that.

Anyway... more discussion is needed, but I am out of ideas. Someone needs to shake it up again. Chocoholic, come back!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:34 PM   #327
perkeyone
FFR Player

Quote:
Chocoholic, come back!
its the 7th sign of the apocalypse!
we actually want her to come back!
well... yeah i guess so... you cant argue with people who agree with you
... unless you actually dont agree! you sneeky little... i should have known!

on a side note im glad this thread was not closed

Last edited by perkeyone; 03-17-2007 at 10:36 PM..
Old 03-17-2007, 10:36 PM   #328
the_unda_doggz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissi
lol, you didn't know? I'm a girl, of course. I thought everyone knew that
No, when I first noticed you in the forums, we were fighting so bad I never took the time to read any of your other threads/posts.

Lemme see, what else can we discuss about evolution?

How did you find out that you were Athiest? Did someone tell you their ideas of religion and you thought they were right? Never actually believed in it?

Well, I always thought of Jesus and God as Santa Clause, only stories that were told to me. And when I got older and more intelligent, I realized that there obviously wasn't one. Luckily, my mother was Athiest also, so she never got mad at me... But my father doesn't like how we both are Athiest.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:44 PM   #329
perkeyone
FFR Player

i understand... i remember the first time i told people i was athiest...and aparently im going to hell
Old 03-17-2007, 10:51 PM   #330
Chrissi
FFR Player

I'm not an atheist, I'm agnostic-atheist - you might think it's almost the same, but to me it's entirely different. It means that I accept the possibility that there may be a God - however, most evidence points to the contrary.

However, nobody can disprove the existence of God.

I also like to think that if God exists, They are so much more knowledgeable and superior to us that it is most humbling and most respectful to Them to accept that we are but puny humans, and cannot begin to comprehend the ideas or intent of God, nor Their place in how we came to be. I also seriously doubt that there is a religion on earth that actually comes close to what is really going on. Science is closer than any religion. And naturally so - science constantly seeks the truth, so there is no other rational thing to believe.

WIth my mathematical mind, I like to think of it this way: the number of possible religions is infinite. You can create any religion anytime you want based on anything you want. However, only one can be ultimately correct. So the chance of any one religion being correct is 1/oo (one over infinity), which approaches zero.

Anyway, to answer your question: how did I come to realize it? Hmmm, not sure. For awhile I thought I was an atheist, but as soon as I heard the word 'agnostic', I knew that was what I was.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:51 PM   #331
the_unda_doggz
Banned

Kind of annoying how Christians shun you, look down on you, and think less of you because you're Athiest, eh?

We don't do any of that because they're Christian.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:54 PM   #332
Chrissi
FFR Player

Quote:
Kind of annoying how Christians shun you, look down on you, and think less of you because you're Athiest, eh?

We don't do any of that because they're Christian.
Are you being sarcastic, or have you been zoned out the entire time you were posting in this thread directed at Chocoholic?
Old 03-17-2007, 10:56 PM   #333
the_unda_doggz
Banned

Quote:
I'm not an atheist, I'm agnostic-atheist - you might think it's almost the same, but to me it's entirely different. It means that I accept the possibility that there may be a God - however, most evidence points to the contrary.

However, nobody can disprove the existence of God.

I also like to think that if God exists, They are so much more knowledgeable and superior to us that it is most humbling and most respectful to Them to accept that we are but puny humans, and cannot begin to comprehend the ideas or intent of God, nor Their place in how we came to be. I also seriously doubt that there is a religion on earth that actually comes close to what is really going on. Science is closer than any religion. And naturally so - science constantly seeks the truth, so there is no other rational thing to believe.

WIth my mathematical mind, I like to think of it this way: the number of possible religions is infinite. You can create any religion anytime you want based on anything you want. However, only one can be ultimately correct. So the chance of any one religion being correct is 1/oo (one over infinity), which approaches zero.

Anyway, to answer your question: how did I come to realize it? Hmmm, not sure. For awhile I thought I was an atheist, but as soon as I heard the word 'agnostic', I knew that was what I was.
Looking at all of your posts, I can see that you are very intelligent and I find everything you say very respectable.
I'm not one of those people who think that being athiest and being an agnostic athiest are the same, I understand it completely.
I have many friends who are open to the possibility of a God.
I like reading your posts, Chrissi. They make a lot of sense and are very easy to understand, while being quite intelligent at the same time.

(p.s. I didn't know that agnostic was a noun and adjective. Cool.)
Old 03-17-2007, 10:58 PM   #334
Chrissi
FFR Player

Quote:
Looking at all of your posts, I can see that you are very intelligent and I find everything you say very respectable.
I'm not one of those people who think that being athiest and being an agnostic athiest are the same, I understand it completely.
I have many friends who are open to the possibility of a God.
I like reading your posts, Chrissi. They make a lot of sense and are very easy to understand, while being quite intelligent at the same time.
Well, thanks.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:59 PM   #335
perkeyone
FFR Player

hahaha mabey there is a tiny chance, like you said aproching zero%, that ther is a god.... there i said it... but the litteral interperatation of christianity in particular is wrong.... if there is a god... it is not the one the bible talks about
Old 03-17-2007, 11:01 PM   #336
Chrissi
FFR Player

Quote:
hahaha mabey there is a tiny chance, like you said aproching zero%, that ther is a god.... there i said it... but the litteral interperatation of christianity in particular is wrong.... if there is a god... it is not the one the bible talks about
I didn't say there is a chance approaching zero that there is a God. Most religions involve a God of some type, so if you used my equation, the chance of there being a God is probably oo-2/oo..... which is undefined (or at least, personally, I don't know how to define it. Possibly somebody with more math skills could define it). Which means we can't know! Yay!

But in general I agree.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:01 PM   #337
the_unda_doggz
Banned

Hmm, still very skeptical about there being a God, and I am very stubborn about the situation.
I will never believe that there is a God. Lol, kinda ****ed up, eh?

Quote:
Well, thanks.
Lol, no problem.

Last edited by the_unda_doggz; 03-17-2007 at 11:04 PM..
Old 03-17-2007, 11:03 PM   #338
perkeyone
FFR Player

well anything over infinity makes an infitly small fraction which aproches zero ya know?
Old 03-17-2007, 11:04 PM   #339
Chrissi
FFR Player

Quote:
Hmm, still very skeptical about there being a God, and I am very stubborn about the situation.
I will never believe that there is a God. Lol, kinda ****ed up, eh?
No not really.

I'm not trying to be mean here, but to me, it sounds like you are exactly like the Christians just on the other side. You don't seem to understand the reasoning behind your choice - it seems to be socially guided. You don't seem to hold the ability to reason why you are an atheist, but it just "makes sense" to you and everything else sounds stupid.

Sound right? If not, don't worry, I don't mean to offend, this is just my observation.

Quote:
well anything over infinity makes an infitly small fraction which aproches zero ya know?
Infinity over infinity is a special case. You can't simply use that rule. You have clashing rules here. For example, whenever you see infinity in the TOP of a fraction, the rule is, that fraction is equal to infinity.

There are a ton of rules to follow if you see infinity in the top AND the bottom. I used to know how to deal with this stuff but these days I've lost it. I don't take math anymore.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:07 PM   #340
the_unda_doggz
Banned

Quote:
Are you being sarcastic, or have you been zoned out the entire time you were posting in this thread directed at Chocoholic?
I never said any of that because she was Christian, but what she was saying and how she believed it was so true. I would never say anything bad about someone just becuase of their religion.