Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2004, 08:51 PM   #21
Ridge
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Ridge

then i guess sync is all about feel, because to me the beats feel dead on. aperson dwi's are the only hard ones ive aaa'ed or came close to aaa'ing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altairian
uh
Arch has a lot of dwi's besides payon. The payons are supposed to be stupid.
like what, besides the "jokes" that are either retarded songs or songs that have been dwi'ed, then either compressed or expanded? i have yet to see a good 800+ step dwi from arch with perfect sync and good flow, it seems like every month he comes out with a "much anticipated" thingeh.
maybe im wrong. maybe dwi's are black and white, like it's either right or wrong.
Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 09:27 PM   #22
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
i have yet to see a good 800+ step
OH HO HO HO

So just take out all my works and say OH MAN IT'S NOT 800 STEPS IT DOESN'T COUNT.

Please, the number of steps depends on the length of the song.

Don't ever post again untill you know what you're talking about.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 09:39 PM   #23
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge
i have yet to see a good 800+ step dwi from arch with perfect sync and good flow
4F73R M3.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2004, 11:11 AM   #24
Ridge
FFR Player

i meant a song of decent length with good steps, im not saying it has to be 800 or more.
Old 03-1-2004, 02:23 PM   #25
Kamoa_Han_Senzui
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kamoa_Han_Senzui Send a message via MSN to Kamoa_Han_Senzui Send a message via Yahoo to Kamoa_Han_Senzui

Wtf? Arch's steps to thingies are great...Maybe your computer's just slow.

SN = SickCatBodySpray
Kamoa_Han_Senzui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2004, 02:28 PM   #26
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

how do you say you haven't seena good sync'd 800+ stepfile from arch then turn around and say it doesn't have to be 800 or more steps??.. and im not going to sit here and deffend arch with stepfiles hes made because i will leave that up to him if he feels its necessary to prove you wrong.. so don't try and use some gay logic on how come i couldn't provide any songs, because it was of my own choice, not because he didnt have any...

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2004, 03:16 PM   #27
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge
i meant a song of decent length with good steps, im not saying it has to be 800 or more.
Wtf? Now you turn around and set a different requirement and say it has to be decent length? A lot of my songs are around 1:30 or so which is the perfect song length. Good god, stop posting.
Old 03-1-2004, 03:36 PM   #28
SoujiroXx
FFR Player

His saying 800 steps was a roundabout number, signifying that he was going for the understood "semi-long" song that he later clarified - to go on about it shows your defense to his critiques are minimal. Another thing that shows this is how you're trying to tell him to stop posting for voicing his opinion, quite sad in my eyes.

You aren't the master of step, Arch - you aren't the best player, and you aren't the best step file artist. I wonder, do you feel you are due to the time you've been making them? The time you've been immersed in step, ddr, ffr, etc? The time you've spent posting here, attempting to gain respect and an elevated position in such a community?

That said, you've really no right to tell people to stop posting, or to accuse them of not knowing what they're talking about. What he said made perfect sense to me at least, you make the highest percent of horrible files out of any step artist that I've a number of songs from. You may be thinking that you make many, therefore your percentage is innately higher than those who haven't made the number you have. However, that is incorrect, your steps are not very original, the music choice is extremely poor, the steps usually follow "easy pointless steps, block of retarded steps, easy pointless steps, block of retard steps, easy pointless steps, inane jackhammers," then either one fails or is confronted with more of the above pattern, maybe a twist and the retard block will be doubled or trippled in length. At any rate, to sum up my opinion on this matter, your steps aren't creative at all, they lack pattern diversity, your music choice is poor, and your gross use of jackhammers and blocks of crap are just sickening to play.

I've been around here for a while, and I've played many of your songs - a lot of people know how much I hate playing them, and usually they agree with me but either are lying to me, or to you when they post comments. I guess you'll find gain in their lying or belaying the truth in order they not hinder any respect they may get from you.
SoujiroXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2004, 03:49 PM   #29
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

lol drama lol

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2004, 03:56 PM   #30
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy
lol drama lol

aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2004, 03:59 PM   #31
Jello
FFR Simfile Author

wheee pwnd.. but soujiro is right.. most of his songs follow that pattern. (not saying they are bad) Now that i look at em most of em follow it lol..
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2004, 04:31 PM   #32
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
His saying 800 steps was a roundabout number, signifying that he was going for the understood "semi-long" song that he later clarified - to go on about it shows your defense to his critiques are minimal. Another thing that shows this is how you're trying to tell him to stop posting for voicing his opinion, quite sad in my eyes.
I told him to stop posting because he really doesn't have any idea what he's saying. "OH YEAH LET'S TRY TO PROVE MY POINT BY LIMITING WHAT SOMEONE HAS MADE!!111"

Songs around 2:10+ are usually boring, thus I don't make them. All of aperson's songs are 2:20+ excluding Wisdom, so there you go.

Quote:
However, that is incorrect, your steps are not very original, the music choice is extremely poor, the steps usually follow "easy pointless steps, block of retarded steps, easy pointless steps, block of retard steps, easy pointless steps, inane jackhammers," then either one fails or is confronted with more of the above pattern, maybe a twist and the retard block will be doubled or trippled in length. At any rate, to sum up my opinion on this matter, your steps aren't creative at all, they lack pattern diversity, your music choice is poor, and your gross use of jackhammers and blocks of crap are just sickening to play.
So what is "original"? THIS? I can be "original" all I want but whether it's fun to play or not is an entirely different story. I haven't abused jackhammers much in my simfiles, I'd count about 5 out of 25. Hell, even in the ones that aren't available anymore (the crap) I didn't use that type of description. As for my music choice, I'd like you to elaborate on music you think is such an absolute virtuoso for simfiles because most human played songs go off sync, and the choice of music for my available sims does not.
Old 03-1-2004, 04:45 PM   #33
Adionik
FFR Player

I don't know what your talking about, arch's sims are good.
Adionik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2004, 04:46 PM   #34
Jello
FFR Simfile Author

i dont think he meant that you abuse jackhammers a ton, his main point was that your stepfiles follow a pattern of really hard then retardedly simple then hard again.
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2004, 04:52 PM   #35
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

The ONLY stepfile like that I can think of is Paranoia Respect, the rest are usually a constant difficulty, and if he's talking about Payon I'm remaking that (again)
Old 03-1-2004, 05:13 PM   #36
SoujiroXx
FFR Player

Before I comment I must say you can craft your words very well when not clouded by arrogance or anger. I'll use Payon 1 for a "for instance" I know you made it to be hard, I know you don't even want people playing it - but the parts in the beginning where it's a few notes, then the block of tight notes, then a few notes, then another block of tight notes - That's what I was referring to.. it's common in almost every "harder" song I play that you've made. Either that, or it's really easy in the beginning, and then turns into a retard-mash fest (Revo). Though, the beginning of revo is pretty good untill you get to your doubles and that mess. Aperson's, that I've played, are usually a constant difficulty, and if you can't do it, you lose. There isn't really a "if I don't get through this part I'll lose" feeling, if that is clear.. the steps flow well with many different patterns

edit - omit the music comment, not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that - im a little loppy with 101 temp
SoujiroXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2004, 05:22 PM   #37
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Revo isn't in my simfile listing any more (it's purely a FFR song now) and Payon 1 is well... hard as hell to find and not available on my simfile listing either. Payon 3 will be around BMR's A in difficulty, just because Payon 2 is NOT fun to play.
Old 03-1-2004, 05:47 PM   #38
Ridge
FFR Player

hmm. there's no perfect length- as long as it is not completely repetitive it doesnt matter how long it is. maybe it does in arch land or whatever. but in my opinion, i.. well fuck that aperson dwis own.
Old 03-2-2004, 07:05 AM   #39
EDEdDNEdDYFaN
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EDEdDNEdDYFaN

I dont think any of you guys know what the hell you are talking about until you actually make a simfile that is actually as good something Moogy/Reach/Aperson/Kilgamayan/Arch0wl/Mwerp makes.

EDEdDNEdDYFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2004, 04:27 PM   #40
Ridge
FFR Player

listen.. im not saying arch sucks at making dwi's. i'm just saying that i think apersons are better than his.. big deal quit being drama queen. by better dwi's i mean, as previously stated, have a consistant difficulty, have a decent length (imo) and original steps.
who gives a shit if it is not 100% on-sync? is a milisecond going to throw u have so bad youre going to shoot yourself?

btw.. i think it is amusing how you keep trying to shut me down in order to keep me from stop calling your bs, you know, saying "stop posting nuhh" when you can't even hold your sides of this arguement you've created.