Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 11:51 PM   #1
drake_legendz
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to drake_legendz Send a message via AIM to drake_legendz Send a message via MSN to drake_legendz Send a message via Yahoo to drake_legendz
Default "god" & "Aliens" one and the same?

Ok now this is more of a theoretical discussion rather than a psyical one.

These are my theorys

People say god exists and we just can't see him but yet they refuse to think that there could be other things besides us in the world. Why? ignorence maybe fear? who knows but I do know that if people can belive in "god" then why can't they belive in aliens? Now take into an example a passage form the bible I don't remeber exactly what one but didin't the bible say that jesus decended on a chariot of fire? Now what if in reality "gods" are really just highly advanced species of beings. What if in reality that "chariot of fire" was really just a vessle decending into the atmosphere as anyone who knows anything about astrophysics is that things do catch fire as they enter the atmosphere of the planet. Now people say they have had interactions with "god" and others say they have been abducted by "aliens" but what if both instences are one in the same? Jesus' power to heal possibly advanced technology? Would that not seem like magic to less intelligent beings? Ressurecting form the dead. Magic? doubtfull but it could also be possible. the more likely outcome would be a clone of jesus. The parting of the red sea. also possibly magic. but yet again more likely to be highly advanced technology. Most likely some kind of advanced energy sheilding. Now let us go into abit of Greek mythology. Let us start with say...Mount Olympus and Zeus. Now its said that Zeus struck down people with lighting no? ok maybe? but most likely would be some sort of advanced laser weaponry. Which again would seem like magic to people who know nothign about technology.

Thats all I can really think about right now i'm sick so i'll be sure to keep this post updated with my latest Theorys

NO MORE TEARS!

How many emo kids does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

NONE they all sit in the dark crying
drake_legendz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:30 AM   #2
wickedawesomeful
Carls, Girls, & Drugs
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to wickedawesomeful
Default Re: "god" & "Aliens" one and the same?

This is only plausible (and I use that word lightly) if you take the Bible as a recount of what actually happened.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:33 AM   #3
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Please learn to spell, I can't take anything you are writing seriously because I find it annoying to have to read through so many errors.

Also, your theory is pretty illogical.

Aliens have not been proven, nor has god. The only way you can compare them is that both are a thought rather than a fact. They could be the same if they both existed, more likely is that neither has ever occured. By that I mean nobody has "been abducted" and nobody has "seen god".
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:47 AM   #4
Dwhite
FFR Player

Think about this...Of course there are aliens(to us)or other living things somewhere out there, WE ARE HERE, we just haven't seen it, we are not advanced enough to find that perfect earthy positioned solar system out there yet. And what stage of development/evolution stage of life is that planet at? We can only vaguely reach around 160 planets outside our solar system. Also remember this. Our planet's position/moon(gravatational pull is leaving- major problems for us later on and our sun is getting older too/swelling getting bigger which means global warming is indefinite for us. Which we're not helping matters. So while each generation blindly wakes up daily to TV/making the all mighty dollar/wars over resources/making kids to repeat this cycle NASA understands within ? centuries we won't be living life as we are now. So what will be our place and purpose then? It would have to take major changes in how civilization thinks and lives, every person on earth to work together to rebuild cities/space environments ect than we have now to live on earth and beyond. NASA has problems with embryos developing in space experiments now. We are not able to reproduce in space yet so even if we left this planet, what people(s) would/couldn't go? Sure wouldn't be the average groups going. So we're back to natural(government )selection?Only the intelligent people...Only the strong survive in the wild. HHHHMMMM Or we can live like we are now and ask GOD to keep us from burning up one day, will he save us ? so I think aliens and GOD are the same. We are alone for now!
Dwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:54 AM   #5
JKPolk
tool

Send a message via AIM to JKPolk Send a message via Skype™ to JKPolk

Scientology is based on the idea that Xenu, an alien something or other which sparked the first life on earth is the ultimate being.

People ridicule Scientology fairly often.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:15 AM   #6
Dwhite
FFR Player

I belive in scientology, it has proven itself over and over with tangable evidence. Simply look outside the box. Big bang theory and elements developing/growing ect. Simple elements built earth we just happen to be placed right to develop into what we are now. and every action has an equal opposite reaction, earth will end burn up or freeze while the sun becomes a dwarf star...
Dwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:26 AM   #7
drake_legendz
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to drake_legendz Send a message via AIM to drake_legendz Send a message via MSN to drake_legendz Send a message via Yahoo to drake_legendz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRapingDragon View Post
Please learn to spell, I can't take anything you are writing seriously because I find it annoying to have to read through so many errors.

Also, your theory is pretty illogical.

Aliens have not been proven, nor has god. The only way you can compare them is that both are a thought rather than a fact. They could be the same if they both existed, more likely is that neither has ever occured. By that I mean nobody has "been abducted" and nobody has "seen god".

Dragon if you can't keep your mind open please do not attend my discussions. Aswell if you cannot read past spelling errors you should not be on the CT forum neither. Spelling errors happen with me frequently i'm not the best typist, nor does it matter as spelling does NOT show how smart you are.

Once again as I said this is purely a THEORETICAL DISCUSSION. Once again please keep your mind open. If you can't keep your mind open please get your ass out of the CT forums.

"This is only plausible (and I use that word lightly) if you take the Bible as a recount of what actually happened."

Well since christians beleive that the bible is the ultimate word and what happend in it IS real and they are willing to defend that word to their dying breath praying to something that never answers and has never shown it's face. What if mythology is real. But it was never really magic and never really monsters or even "mythalogical beasts" But were technology and beings from other planets. What if they only came down to interfere with us when we though they were gods. Perhaps this is why they don't come down and see us anymore? Because we know they arn't gods and they know that we would not leave them alone to help us develope better technology. but think about the milatary would they not attack them in hopes of gaining their weapons. This is my theory as to why we don't see them anymore. They are afraid of what we have become. It is plausable that we WILL see then again when they are no longer afraid of us and they know we have advanced out of the idocy that we are in. Wars amongst ourselves and other things like that would seem primitive to a higher species.

NO MORE TEARS!

Old 01-31-2007, 10:38 AM   #8
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake_legendz View Post
Dragon if you can't keep your mind open please do not attend my discussions.
Yeah, because I have a closed mind because I don't believe in god and I believe that aliens cannot exist because everything is simply biological lifeforms, if anything exists then it is just germs, bugs, disease, same as we are. If you are honestly going to call something an alien then you might as well call us aliens.

To tell me I need to have an open mind when you talk about alien abduction, come on now, get a grip.

Quote:
Aswell if you cannot read past spelling errors you should not be on the CT forum neither.
Quite the contrary, if you can't take the time to spell your words correctly then you shouldn't be in the CT forum, the CT forum is for higher level discussion, the sort that requires thought, that thought should not have to be put into deciphering what you have written.

Quote:
i'm not the best typist, nor does it matter as spelling does NOT show how smart you are.
No, but it does give an indiction of how much thought has gone into the post. Seriously, in this day and age where you are able to spell check your work before you post, you have no excuse for posting up so many errors.

Quote:
Once again as I said this is purely a THEORETICAL DISCUSSION. Once again please keep your mind open. If you can't keep your mind open please get your ass out of the CT forums.
Wow, you really can't take someone not seeing your side. CT is for an open mind, so says yourself, then how come you can't have an open mind to accept my views that this is a pile of rubbish that has no coherent thought attached towards it.

I am theoretically allowed to believe what I want.

Quote:
Well since christians beleive that the bible is the ultimate word and what happend in it IS real and they are willing to defend that word to their dying breath praying to something that never answers and has never shown it's face.
Blind faith is a curious thing. I always thought it would be more believable if at least people would just accept that maybe the bible is not to be taken literally, but merely as a guide as to how to act. That would make the stories be allowed to be true or false, because you are only supposed to follow them, not interpret them as the one word.

Quote:
*More words*
Yes, and perhaps we are all just technology ourselves, perhaps we are ready to ascend to a higher level if only we can level up our controls, eh?

Or perhaps we are actually nothing, and what is beyond is something, and they see us as nothing, but nothing is something so we are really something, but that makes infinity the mark of zero.

Really, you can come up with any number of far-fetched ideas but in truth all we have is logic, and until death we can only guess about other things.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:52 AM   #9
drake_legendz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRapingDragon View Post
Yeah, because I have a closed mind because I don't believe in god and I believe that aliens cannot exist because everything is simply biological lifeforms, if anything exists then it is just germs, bugs, disease, same as we are. If you are honestly going to call something an alien then you might as well call us aliens..

To tell me I need to have an open mind when you talk about alien abduction, come on now, get a grip..
As I said before THIS IS A THEORITICAL DISCUSSION

"Quite the contrary, if you can't take the time to spell your words correctly then you shouldn't be in the CT forum, the CT forum is for higher level discussion, the sort that requires thought, that thought should not have to be put into deciphering what you have written. "

If you can't over look someones Spelling errors when it was written at 4 in the morning when that person is sick. you are just an asshole.

"No, but it does give an indiction of how much thought has gone into the post. Seriously, in this day and age where you are able to spell check your work before you post, you have no excuse for posting up so many errors."

WRONG.

"Wow, you really can't take someone not seeing your side. CT is for an open mind, so says yourself, then how come you can't have an open mind to accept my views that this is a pile of rubbish that has no coherent thought attached towards it.

I am theoretically allowed to believe what I want."

Did I make this post to hear people bash the idea? Did I attach the words "true or false give me your ideas" NO I MADE THE POST TO DISCUSS WITH PEOPLE ABOUT THE SUBJECT. and your just sitting here saying its all a bunch of rubbish.

"Blind faith is a curious thing. I always thought it would be more believable if at least people would just accept that maybe the bible is not to be taken literally, but merely as a guide as to how to act. That would make the stories be allowed to be true or false, because you are only supposed to follow them, not interpret them as the one word."

Am I sitting here discussing the bible? NO.

"Yes, and perhaps we are all just technology ourselves, perhaps we are ready to ascend to a higher level if only we can level up our controls, eh?

Or perhaps we are actually nothing, and what is beyond is something, and they see us as nothing, but nothing is something so we are really something, but that makes infinity the mark of zero."

And you say I babble on about rubbish?

Really, you can come up with any number of far-fetched ideas but in truth all we have is logic, and until death we can only guess about other things.[/quote]

Far-Fetched?

Do me a favor please do not post in here again all you are doing is flaming my theorys you have not discussed a damn thing. Go back to trolling the chit-chat forum where you belong. Every post you make now is just going to get over looked by me as if it was not there.

NO MORE TEARS!

Old 01-31-2007, 11:21 AM   #10
Maid
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Dragon if you can't keep your mind open please do not attend my discussions. Aswell if you cannot read past spelling errors you should not be on the CT forum neither. Spelling errors happen with me frequently i'm not the best typist, nor does it matter as spelling does NOT show how smart you are.
Read the CT rules sticky and you might see that you violated one of the rules by having spelling errors. About taking you seriously. I didn't even bother reading through your original post, I know it is a waste of my time. If you can't even put your time to spell check and use paragraphs. I'd suggest paying more attention in school.

As for Aliens or God existing. I do not know. I am however inclined to believe that Aliens(self aware life form) is a very probable thing to exist somewhere in the universe.
Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:25 AM   #11
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Quote:
As I said before THIS IS A THEORITICAL DISCUSSION
And my views can be taken as such. For you to try to say "my way or get out" is narrow minded.

Quote:
If you can't over look someones Spelling errors when it was written at 4 in the morning when that person is sick. you are just an asshole.
Yeah, sickness and tiredness stops you from putting your work into microsoft word and hitting the check spelling button, the same process as hitting "new thread" and typing. Really, don't act so stupid.

Quote:
WRONG.
Hahaha, are you 12 years old, because you sure act like it. For you to not be able to use a spell check for your writing is inexcusable, it proves you have no thought when writing, it proves you should not even be in here. You can't even back up your "WRONG" statement.

Quote:
Did I make this post to hear people bash the idea? Did I attach the words "true or false give me your ideas" NO I MADE THE POST TO DISCUSS WITH PEOPLE ABOUT THE SUBJECT.
Yes, and I am discussing that your statement is wrong, I have provided why I believe this, and you are simply saying "NO WHY YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT, YOU MUST BELIEVE I AM TRUTH TELLER MAN AND AM RIGHT, OK, OK!"

Not everyone has to believe you, get your head out of your ass and understand this. I am allowed to believe whatever the hell I want, if I want to believe you are wrong then I can discuss that, if you have a problem with that then you shouldn't be posting here. This is for discussion, of all sides, not just the "I agree" side.

Quote:
Am I sitting here discussing the bible? NO.
You discussed it for about 3 lines. Read your post.

Quote:
And you say I babble on about rubbish?
Yes, I do, what you "quoted" (because you seem to be unable to quote things) was me effectively saying that I mock your views, but anyone can say anything, that does not mean it is viable, it just means it is a theory, and most theories can come under the "crackpot" category. I would include yours there too.

Quote:
Do me a favor please do not post in here again all you are doing is flaming my theorys
Apparently you can't accept discussion when it isn't going your way.

Quote:
you have not discussed a damn thing.
I beg to differ, I've discussed most of your posts, they just happen to not be along the lines of "oh yes you are true, brb getting abducted by aliens".

Oh, hey, I even have proof:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohi myself again
I believe that aliens cannot exist because everything is simply biological lifeforms, if anything exists then it is just germs, bugs, disease, same as we are. If you are honestly going to call something an alien then you might as well call us aliens.
Still trying to talk then?

Quote:
Go back to trolling the chit-chat forum where you belong.
Wow, you are retarded. Also, weak attempt at trying to flame me, oh wait, you don't flame, this is your "discussion", right?

Quote:
Every post you make now is just going to get over looked by me as if it was not there.
Kk.

Last edited by TheRapingDragon; 01-31-2007 at 11:28 AM..
Old 01-31-2007, 11:39 AM   #12
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

By definition 'God' is not an 'Alien'. It is possible the 'creator' could have been an Alien, however, then God would not be the creator, since Aliens are not supernatural. Any other interpretations of this involve manipulation of definitions and a battle of semantics.

It's pretty simple.

You can prove aliens exist and can't prove God exists (to an extent; I.E. you could physically provide evidence that they exist but can't for God). One is supernatural and the other isn't.

So it's kind of like comparing apples and ghosts. No, they are not the same thing.

And uh, yes, it is highly possible Aliens could have visited Earth and done some things here or have been interpreted as Gods. That doesn't make them Gods, though.

Last edited by Reach; 01-31-2007 at 11:44 AM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:42 AM   #13
Angel Shiyue
FFR Player

God and aliens are one in the same. In a world where 9/11 was orchestrated by the Jews.

Aliens don't exist. As far as God goes...well, I believe in him. If people want to say that he doesn't exist, that's fine.

Last edited by Angel Shiyue; 01-31-2007 at 11:44 AM..
Angel Shiyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:49 AM   #14
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

You can't show that aliens don't exist.

Actually, I think the challenge here would be to show that they don't exist.

However, the chances of them actually coming to Earth are somewhat slim. But, then again it is entirely possible we are one of the stupidest and most undeveloped advanced societies in the universe. Who knows. You can't just say 'aliens don't exist' just like I can't say 'God doesn't exist'.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:59 AM   #15
Angel Shiyue
FFR Player

Mmm, you DO have a point. Okay, so aliens might exist. I personally don't believe they do because some of the signs people point out are a bit far-fetched.
Angel Shiyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:03 PM   #16
Tisthammerw
FFR Player

Quote:
Ok now this is more of a theoretical discussion rather than a psyical one.

These are my theorys

People say god exists and we just can't see him but yet they refuse to think that there could be other things besides us in the world. Why?
If you're talking about aliens, my answer would be Ockham's razor. There appears to be little reason to think that aliens exist (though I am willing to adjust my beliefs upon First Contact).

Quote:
who knows but I do know that if people can belive in "god" then why can't they belive in aliens?
I could, but I would like evidence. There is good evidence for the existence of God, the same cannot be said for aliens.

Quote:
Now take into an example a passage form the bible I don't remeber exactly what one but didin't the bible say that jesus decended on a chariot of fire?
You might want to check that Bible of yours again, because I don't think it said that. According to the New Testament, Jesus was born of a virgin Jewish girl. That's how the Son of God allegedly came to Earth.

Quote:
Now what if in reality "gods" are really just highly advanced species of beings.
It wouldn't be the case. (1) We need an entity that transcends space and time to create the universe (creating the universe is a big job) (2) We need something that is the supreme metaphysical authority in the universe for the existence of objective moral values. God would provide that basis, mere aliens would not.

Quote:
What if in reality that "chariot of fire" was really just a vessle decending into the atmosphere
What if that was all made up?

Quote:
Now let us go into abit of Greek mythology. Let us start with say...Mount Olympus and Zeus. Now its said that Zeus struck down people with lighting no? ok maybe? but most likely would be some sort of advanced laser weaponry.
Let's not forget the Egyptians. Maybe there were aliens that impersonated gods there--and used things called Stargates. Fortunately, I here the U.S. Air Force obtained one and is using it to help us. It used it to fend of these aliens who impersonated gods. One of the guys in who worked in that department looks a lot like MacGyver...
Tisthammerw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:08 PM   #17
Tisthammerw
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Shiyue View Post
God and aliens are one in the same. In a world where 9/11 was orchestrated by the Jews.
Nope, it's Zionists. That's the new code word to substitute for "Jews" in a futile effort to avoid the shame of anti-Semitism. One of my co-workers actually believes Zionists were behind 9/11. I've also heard about some guy saying the Holocaust was a Zionist conspiracy.

Anti-Semitism didn't die, it just changed colors.
Tisthammerw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:06 PM   #18
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
Dragon if you can't keep your mind open please do not attend my discussions.
You do not get to dictate who posts in your threads. Put up with it.

Quote:
Once again please keep your mind open. If you can't keep your mind open please get your ass out of the CT forums.
This is just laughable. You do not get to dictate how people keep their minds. There's no reason why only "open" minds should be able to post in a thread; doing so would be closed-minded, now wouldn't it?

Quote:
How cute, he wants us to pity him. Tough beans. I've been drunk at four in the morning and still typed with perfect orthography. If you can't control what comes off of your fingertips you don't deserve to be in CT. It's in the rules.

Quote:
Did I make this post to hear people bash the idea? Did I attach the words "true or false give me your ideas" NO I MADE THE POST TO DISCUSS WITH PEOPLE ABOUT THE SUBJECT. and your just sitting here saying its all a bunch of rubbish.
Grow some skin, dude. This is what CT is here for: discussion.

Quote:
Do me a favor please do not post in here again all you are doing is flaming my theorys you have not discussed a damn thing. Go back to trolling the chit-chat forum where you belong. Every post you make now is just going to get over looked by me as if it was not there.
FFS, man, come back when you're not throwing a temper tantrum.

@Reaper: Cool it. Your on-topic posts were fine, but report the rest, else you come off as an asshole in CT, which I presume is not what you want. Your third post was dangerously close to flaming.

@drake: [quote=author]text[/quote]

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:19 PM   #19
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

Quote:
Now take into an example a passage form the bible I don't remeber exactly what one but didin't the bible say that jesus decended on a chariot of fire?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Kings
And it came to pass, when the Lord would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal. And Elijah said unto Elisha, Tarry here, I pray thee; for the Lord hath sent me to Beth-el. And Elisha said unto him, As the Lord liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee.
So they went down to Beth-el.

And the sons of the prophets that were at Beth-el came forth to Elisha, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Lord will take away thy master from thy head to-day? And he said, Yea, I know it; hold ye your peace. And Elijah said unto him, Elisha, tarry here, I pray thee; for the Lord hath sent me to Jericho. And he said, As the Lord liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. So they came to Jericho.

And the sons of the prophets that were at Jericho came to Elisha, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Lord will take away thy master from thy head to-day? And he answered, Yea, I know it; hold ye your peace. And Elijah said unto him, Tarry, I pray thee, here; for the Lord hath sent me to Jordan. And he said, As the Lord liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. And they two went on.

And fifty men of the sons of the prophets went, and stood to view afar off and they two stood by Jordan.

And Elijah took his mantle, and wrapped it together, and smote the waters, and they were divided hither and thither, so that they two went over on dry ground.

And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me. And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.

And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
^ Only reference to a chariot of fire in the Bible.

Just, for the record, I get really annoyed at people who try to present theories related to the Bible who say, "Well, I don't really know much about the Bible..." You can read the whole goddamn thing in any version on the internet. I found that passage just by googling "Bible chariot of fire". Do a little research.

Also, there is a website (probably several) that shares your ideas. You could check that out and put something behind your statements.
stretchypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:17 PM   #20
Pippin667
FFR Player

All i can say is that, Jesus wasnt an alien. But also that Jesus isnt god.

But what is god? That all powerful being that dictates our lives? No..
Has god ever told you what to do (other then in texts) no...
Well then... how do you know there is a god?
You dont!! **** whatever Scientology tells you about aliens and god, there isnt any concrete facts to prove either of them.
Pippin667 is offline   Reply With Quote