Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 05:36 PM   #61
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909
Default Re: Drugs

Quote:
Well for one thing those that do drugs often do hurt those around them. They hurt innocent bystanders when they decide in their intoxicated stupor to do something stupid.
Oh yeah, you hear all the time about those potheads who get violent and start beating up the place.

Quote:
They hurt those who love them forcing them to watch as they hurt themselves.
Shut the **** up.

Quote:
As far as liquor is concerned there are those who can be responsible with its use and those who can't.
Just like with drugs.

Quote:
Usage of it can't just be ban it or don't.
Why the hell not?

Quote:
It's a long running part of our society.
As is weed. George Washington grew hemp. As a matter of fact, it used to be illegal not to grow hemp because of how useful it is.

Quote:
In fact alcohol at one point was illegal and it didn't work out too well.
No way! When did this happen?

Hey, I heard the drug war was lost years ago too! How about that!
Old 01-28-2007, 06:36 PM   #62
Verruckter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Verruckter Send a message via MSN to Verruckter

I'm not sure they grew weed for the same reasons. They used it to make fabric and other usefule stuff.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #63
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verruckter View Post
C) It's always someone's descision to get drunk. The person who drinks is entirely responsible for everything he does while being drunk, and has no excuse whatsoever. If the person gets so drunk that they can barely walk or talk (i.e. lose control over their own body), it's entirely their fault.
I never disputed this, and there's a careful distinction that needs to be made.

There isn't any excuse for getting drunk, but you'd be a fool to think that a drunk person has just as much of a capability of reason and judgment as he would sober.

Someone could easily say "I'm going to get this drunk, but not so much that I lose any faculties." But when he gets that drunk, if he even loses just 5% of judgment, when he asks himself if he wants another drink and rolls the dice, he could still answer yes.

People rarely intend to get stupid drunk, but it happens much more frequently than is desired. There's no excuse for it and they're still responsible for their own actions; I'm just saying that when it comes to making a choice, if they're drunk, they aren't completely in control of the choice they make at that point.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:24 PM   #64
Verruckter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Verruckter Send a message via MSN to Verruckter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter View Post
I never disputed this, and there's a careful distinction that needs to be made.

There isn't any excuse for getting drunk, but you'd be a fool to think that a drunk person has just as much of a capability of reason and judgment as he would sober.

Someone could easily say "I'm going to get this drunk, but not so much that I lose any faculties." But when he gets that drunk, if he even loses just 5% of judgment, when he asks himself if he wants another drink and rolls the dice, he could still answer yes.

People rarely intend to get stupid drunk, but it happens much more frequently than is desired. There's no excuse for it and they're still responsible for their own actions; I'm just saying that when it comes to making a choice, if they're drunk, they aren't completely in control of the choice they make at that point.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com
Yes, that's pretty much what I meant
Old 01-28-2007, 07:43 PM   #65
the_unda_doggz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedawesomeful View Post
Honestly though, why on earth should it matter to you if others do it?
Obviously, you have never seen the harm drugs can do to others. If one were to die from overdosing, or just wearing down from all of the drug use, their loved ones would be devastated. Also, if someone was to get drunk, high, or any other situations drugs can put you in, and they were to get into a car and drive, there is a big chance they will hurt someone else. Also, drunk people can be very violent. Drugs don't just affect the user.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:02 PM   #66
MagicCarpetRide
Skware One
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MagicCarpetRide

Ummmmmm I need one good example of when marijuana has hurt anyone besides the user...... And 5 good examples of times it has hurt the user ha
Old 01-30-2007, 04:42 PM   #67
duckman085
FFR Player

I believe that no drugs are not the way to go. The really bad ones that could result in death such as cocaine, heroine, XTC and others should be banned while good 'ole fashion weed should be completely legal. Cigarettes are in my opinion way worse then weed. But either way if people want it bad enough they are going to get it anyway so it should be up to the people to start with.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:50 PM   #68
Pippin667
FFR Player

I agree with his cigarettes being worse statement, thats true!
Old 01-30-2007, 05:53 PM   #69
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by archbishopjabber View Post
First of all, US Law is a joke. Do you realize consensual fellatio between a 17 year old boy and 15 year old girl landed him in jail for 10 years! I think that proves how ridiculous it is. Secondly, Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness is what the country was SUPPOSE to provide, not that it provides any of those with the current political system. As to suicide being illegal, how do you prosecute? Only attempted suicide is illegal.
Attempting suicide gets you punished for being horrible at committing suicide. I don't understand how you can fail at committing suicide... I mean seriously, if you can't commit suicide, kill yourself.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:24 PM   #70
drake_legendz
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to drake_legendz Send a message via AIM to drake_legendz Send a message via MSN to drake_legendz Send a message via Yahoo to drake_legendz

Heres my points of why drugs are illigal. Mark my words if you will but this is what I beleive in and why the are.

1. Drugs develope a dependency on the user. every time that person does them they become a little less potent. So every time they do them they have to take more and more.

2. Most people I know who do drugs are complete losers. All they do is sit around in theri basements getting high and watch old cheech and chong episodes.

2b. Due to the fact of this. those people arnt out in the work force making a living and paying taxes. instead those people are sitting on their arses and rotting their life away. therefor what happens when they have no more money to have fun? They turn to crime.

3. Now by now most of you are saying "yeah well thats a load of bull**** and it will never happen to me." Well guess what sunshine it WILL happen to you just as it has happend to every other pot head on this rock. you WILL get high you WILL run out of money and you WILL end up robbing a 7/11 to get your weekend fix.

NO MORE TEARS!

How many emo kids does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

NONE they all sit in the dark crying
Old 01-31-2007, 12:01 AM   #71
Izzy-chandess
FFR Player

I really don't believe in doing drugs and I'm not happy when someone I know does them. I believe in marijuana being legalized in small doses for medical usage only, as it has in times past. Otherwise, drugs should be illegal and banned from the streets. I know pot-heads, they're my friends, but I don't like seeing them unable to think for themselves or even walk in a straight line. Yes, I have seen people that high and I don't like it.

Now, for alcohol, I think that in minute amounts, like for dinners, etc. should be okay. Like champagne at a wedding or a beer at a social gathering, etc. I will admit, alcohol does taste god-awful, but some people actually like the taste. Don't ask what kind of sick, twisted people do, they just do.

About the driving drunk thing, they are working on that. In fact, they have sobriety tests being built into cars so that if you are above a certain alcohol level, your car will not start. However, you're pretty much stuck there for the night until you find a sober driver or the alcohol seeps out of your system. That is why they invented the whole "sober driver" thing, ya know. They have proved that being buzzed and driving is just as bad as being drunk and driving.

As for being drunk, that is a disgrace. You humiliate yourself in front of your peers, you have no control of your body, and honestly, it's not fun to take care of a man that is pissed drunk and twice your weight. If he passes out, it's all over for you because you can't pick the guy back up and he's laying there, on the floor, while you stare at him wondering, "What the Hell do I do now?"

The world has gone crazy and so have I.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:27 AM   #72
FaughtNWon
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy-chandess View Post
But I don't like seeing them unable to think for themselves or even walk in a straight line.
I think you hang out with young idiotic stoners, no one i smoke with does this. And ive smoked quite a bit myself and nothing like this happens. Sure, it can be a little harder to put sentances together in an intelligent way at times, but not like being drunk.

Quote:
I will admit, alcohol does taste god-awful, but some people actually like the taste.
Alcohol is an accuired tase, just like many of lifes other pleasures, like p***y.

Quote:
Don't ask what kind of sick, twisted people do, they just do.
This is just ignorant.

Quote:
As for being drunk, that is a disgrace. You humiliate yourself in front of your peers, you have no control of your body, and honestly.
Once again, this sounds like the young crowd, or the crowd that drunks soley to get drunk. When me and my friends drink, the MAJORITY of the time its social drinking. Drinking as a collective to raise the laughs and moral (or so to speek).

Much of your argument was full of fact, but in the end i belive it comes down to freedom of choice. And the fact that as a whole society needs to get a bit more common sence.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:55 AM   #73
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Originally Posted by gAngstazzle View Post

Also, there is a drug called Salvia that's legal in my state, and it's far worse than marijuana in my opinion. The high is much shorter than a marijuana high, but much more potent because it is a psychadelic drug. When I'm high on marijuana I can actually control myself and I know what i'm doing...but salvia...this sh*t is nuts, and i have no clue why it's legal. It should definately be illegal if marijuana is. ^^
The problem with Salvia divinorum is that people don't understand what they are getting into, mostly due to inappropriate marketing and the selling of extremely potent extracts (20X will push you over the edge, but 40X/60X/80X extracts are ridiculous). Salvia is not a party drug and it should never be used recreationally and one should always have a sitter when smoking Salvia. Luckily, most people find Salvia intoxication extremely paralyzing.

After smoking, I noticed that my jaw felt extremely heavy and I was unable to close it, then it felt as if the gravity in the room increased ten fold and I fell back onto the bed I was sitting. I was then overcome with uncontrollable fits of laughter (I had never laughed so hard in my life) almost to the point of passing out because I couldn't breath. Then the high subsided and I returned to normal after about 5 minutes or so. I didn't hallucinate.

However, some people lose control over their actions. A good friend of mine, shortly after smoking, jumped up, and ran around the room laughing and screaming almost as if he had gone insane. He had no recollection of doing so afterwards.

My other friend just fell to the floor and laid there for a while. When she came to, she had no idea where she was or who she was for a few moments.

Luckily, Salvia is not a substance that is abused as most of those who smoke for the first time never have the desire to smoke it again.

Like LSD, Salvia does has both spiritual and medicinal benefits when administered appropriately, which is why I am against making it illegal.

ps. I love marijuana, and I smoke it daily. I go to all my classes, I do all my homework and I have a 3.7 GPA.

Last edited by jewpinthethird; 01-31-2007 at 02:02 AM..
Old 01-31-2007, 02:16 AM   #74
leo172519
4 year veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to leo172519 Send a message via MSN to leo172519

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaughtNWon View Post
I think you hang out with young idiotic stoners, no one i smoke with does this. And ive smoked quite a bit myself and nothing like this happens. Sure, it can be a little harder to put sentances together in an intelligent way at times, but not like being drunk.
i agree. the only real harship when im smacked off my *** is putting sentences together...oh and the fact that everything seems to be funny. my only real con to blazin bud is that when im not smoking it, im either looking for it or just plain thinking about it.

Though this really depends on the person ive found weed leading to other harder drugs. people that ive met including addicts of heroin and crack started with weed and most if not all of them still do it! myself i have tried E, shrooms, weed , and alcohol. ecstasy was really fun but i found that when i was done with it i REALLY wanted more. realized that day when i went to go buy more it wasnt my kind of drug. not only that but the fact that i was really.....depressed? afterwards. it felt like depression but more of a...i wanna talk to you about why things are f'ed up.weird. shrooms, no real con to those. i wouldnt suggest driving unless your only having a body buzz off of it, or a bad trip. i would never do shrooms anymore just for the fear of another bad trip. bad trips = BAD TRIPS!!!! i got panicky then just started freaking out. and once everything went away i felt sick, kind of afraid feeling (i wasnt afraid though, just a feeling in my stomach). weed, haha, what to say. its the only drug i still do and im not having too many problems. main one is forming sentences while on it and memory. a lot of memory problems to the point of memorizing is damn near impossible or just hard. oh and sleeping....but boy do i love it . alcohol...you have to enjoy the taste to enjoy it...well i guess i cant say that since you guys go pure of the persons sheer will of doing it. if you really want to get drunk you'll gut the taste of it. i was drinking for a good 2 years (started because of weed) and decided to stop just because i was noticing how it was affecting me and my anger when i was sober. i personally didnt like it which is why im done with it.

Driving...ive had no bad experiences with weed and driving with other people in the same mindset as me or all of us high. when i was with one friend who was sober (and who is against drugs due to prior exp's) he dropped the lines, "we're going to crash", "watch we're all going to die today, just watch", "watch a cop is going to pull us over" which made all of us start freaking out when a cop came behind us (lmao the cop even turn the sirens on, and we were like ****!!! but we pulled over and he drove passed us). as for driving...maybe a little slow on reaction times but only because the driver is usually mesmerized on the car in front of them resulting in a multi-car pile up (one example of a death because of weed). other than that if the driver pays attention no real problems.
alcohol FORGET IT. im so con against driving while under that influence that im not getting into it....it erks me to know that people drive under that condition.
E...never driven on it, but i could imagine it not to be a fun high. you'd get so focused on driving (or just a normal focus) and start getting pissed that your doing it. then again no experience. i found myself playing ffr for 6 hours at home chewing on gum and a straw (godlike sensation) and being in aww at the colors which were VERY vibrant.
driving on shrooms......again body buzz its w/e but if your hallucinating id try to stay away from it. it doesnt seem like a bright move.

whoa just noticing how much i wrote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:27 AM   #75
xdownagainx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xdownagainx

There are much worse things happening in life to dispute. If an individual knows their tolerance and does not make the decision to surpass, there's no more harm done in that than drinking. Pretty much all kill your liver, and if ppl are smart there are supplements and vitamins that can be taken to prevent, or at least reduce, the harmful effects drugs have on the body. Experimentation is basically ok if ppl do it for just that.... Experimenting.... Once addiction occurs, or even just an idiot gets their hands on the drug, THEN there is/could be a problem. Otherwise, if they're careful and savvy, who cares? That also goes for prescription meds. Drugs are drugs. If you disagree with one, disagree with all, cause even the prescription ones get used and abused, yet we dont make them illegal cause 4578 ppl died from ODing on them. Unless, maybe, you count E.... but that's cause it was used for theraputic purposes and people started boiling their insides.... -_-;
Old 05-11-2007, 07:42 AM   #76
skawtgun
FFR Player

*deleted. This Is Critical Thinking*

Last edited by Synthlight; 05-11-2007 at 07:56 AM..
Old 05-11-2007, 07:45 AM   #77
falcondude
FFR Player

Mega bump.

*This is critical thinking. If you have nothing important to ad, stay out*

Sorry Synth.

IMO drugs aren't as horrible as some people say... if they aren't overused. Doing drugs once in a while is bad, but going crazy on drugs will literally kill people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derblub View Post
this pic is photo-chopped 100%

Last edited by falcondude; 05-11-2007 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: Actually added something.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:12 AM   #78
g4z33b0
Banned

Send a message via AIM to g4z33b0

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with recreational drug use, but there are some problems. I know a few people at my school who would be considered "pot heads" who went on to frequently use cocaine. Not cool.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #79
AuraSage
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to AuraSage

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo172519 View Post

Though this really depends on the person ive found weed leading to other harder drugs. people that ive met including addicts of heroin and crack started with weed and most if not all of them still do it! myself i have tried E, shrooms, weed , and alcohol. ecstasy was really fun but i found that when i was done with it i REALLY wanted more. realized that day when i went to go buy more it wasnt my kind of drug. not only that but the fact that i was really.....depressed? afterwards. it felt like depression but more of a...i wanna talk to you about why things are f'ed up.weird. shrooms, no real con to those. i wouldnt suggest driving unless your only having a body buzz off of it, or a bad trip. i would never do shrooms anymore just for the fear of another bad trip. bad trips = BAD TRIPS!!!! i got panicky then just started freaking out. and once everything went away i felt sick, kind of afraid feeling (i wasnt afraid though, just a feeling in my stomach). weed, haha, what to say. its the only drug i still do and im not having too many problems. main one is forming sentences while on it and memory. a lot of memory problems to the point of memorizing is damn near impossible or just hard. oh and sleeping....but boy do i love it . alcohol...you have to enjoy the taste to enjoy it...well i guess i cant say that since you guys go pure of the persons sheer will of doing it. if you really want to get drunk you'll gut the taste of it. i was drinking for a good 2 years (started because of weed) and decided to stop just because i was noticing how it was affecting me and my anger when i was sober. i personally didnt like it which is why im done with it.

Driving...ive had no bad experiences with weed and driving with other people in the same mindset as me or all of us high. when i was with one friend who was sober (and who is against drugs due to prior exp's) he dropped the lines, "we're going to crash", "watch we're all going to die today, just watch", "watch a cop is going to pull us over" which made all of us start freaking out when a cop came behind us (lmao the cop even turn the sirens on, and we were like ****!!! but we pulled over and he drove passed us). as for driving...maybe a little slow on reaction times but only because the driver is usually mesmerized on the car in front of them resulting in a multi-car pile up (one example of a death because of weed). other than that if the driver pays attention no real problems.
alcohol FORGET IT. im so con against driving while under that influence that im not getting into it....it erks me to know that people drive under that condition.
E...never driven on it, but i could imagine it not to be a fun high. you'd get so focused on driving (or just a normal focus) and start getting pissed that your doing it. then again no experience. i found myself playing ffr for 6 hours at home chewing on gum and a straw (godlike sensation) and being in aww at the colors which were VERY vibrant.
driving on shrooms......again body buzz its w/e but if your hallucinating id try to stay away from it. it doesnt seem like a bright move.

Last edited by AuraSage; 05-11-2007 at 08:53 PM..
Old 05-11-2007, 11:48 PM   #80
AOL_blows911
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to AOL_blows911

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake_legendz View Post
Heres my points of why drugs are illigal. Mark my words if you will but this is what I beleive in and why the are.

3. Now by now most of you are saying "yeah well thats a load of bull**** and it will never happen to me." Well guess what sunshine it WILL happen to you just as it has happend to every other pot head on this rock. you WILL get high you WILL run out of money and you WILL end up robbing a 7/11 to get your weekend fix.
Yes, I am saying "yeah well thats a load of bull**** " I personaly know several people who do pot, and several who have done it once or twice and said "You know what? This isn't for me. I think I'll live my life how I want now". It is ENTIRELY possible to smoke and not waste away as you described. Any person worth the money they used to buy their joint can quit if they really want to. Obviously, the longer you smoke the harder it is to quit, but simply taking a single drag on a joint is not gonna make you 1) stonned, 2) broke, and 3) have to rob a 7/11 for cash. If I were you, I'd go experience life some. Not that I'm saying to go smoke some yourself (although you'd see my point), but be realistic here - pot is not so crazy addictive that you try it once and your life is gone forever.
Closed Thread