Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
Linkisdoomed
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Linkisdoomed Send a message via Skype™ to Linkisdoomed
Default *Spoiler Warning*Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Discussion.

Warning. The content in this thread will spoil the plot for Twilight Princess if you have not played through it. Viewing this thread is at your discretion.

Profile: Link
Heart Containers: 14 4/5
Total Time: 63 Hours and 48 Minutes.

Well, I did hit a few snags, and went searching around too much, but I did manage to complete the game. Overall, it was better than I had expected, but towards the end of the story, the magic seemed to lose it's effect on me. I believe that the game itself was completely amazing, and the story was just incredible. All the bosses, enemies, and characters had been well done, and the dungeons were great.

What do you guys think? How long did it take you to beat Ganon/dorf?

R^3 Skin God
R^3 Engine Skin Curator
Linkisdoomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:22 PM   #2
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: *Spoiler Warning*Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Discussion.

I was done in 34 hours with all 20 heart containers.

My save file is at 39 hours with 60 poes, 20 heart containers, all of the lures, all of the fish caught, all of the bugs caught, the cave of ordeals finished, and all of the weapon upgrades.

63 hours... how? Sheesh. FAQs didn't even exist for the game when I finished so I couldn't rely on those for help at all.

ps the soundtrack is amazing. Especially the track that plays at the "mid-point", which really isn't the middle at all. It's just what happens after you see the antagonist for the first time and he messes with you a bit.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Took me 30 hours to complete the story with 20 poes, a few lures, 16 hearts, and leaving the game on to go eat for hours at a time on multiple occasions.

Although, Squeek, that is insanely fast.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:38 PM   #4
Lain_Iwakura
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lain_Iwakura

I still think the lack of voice-acting (I mean come on it's a next-gen system and we STILL can't have that?) and the MIDI music (not orchestrated) made this game 8.8.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #5
blargherness
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blargherness

I'm amazed at how they pulled through easily with a lack of magic and the special arrows. I hardly noticed until the end; I was like "Hey wait a minute, this one didn't have magic!"
Amazing game, it is.
Voice acting in zelda would be like...just weird. I just don't think it would work well. Though it is probably just my fanboy-ish side saying "They've never had it lets keep it that way!!!"
Old 01-24-2007, 04:41 PM   #6
Linkisdoomed
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Linkisdoomed Send a message via Skype™ to Linkisdoomed

I did it on GC. If you did it on Wii, it probably went a lot faster.

R^3 Skin God
R^3 Engine Skin Curator
Linkisdoomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:36 PM   #7
Kekiz
FFR Player

I think it would be easier on GC. Not having to use those over sensitive remotes to fight bosses.
Kekiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:42 PM   #8
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

So much easier on Wii.

Need to shoot? BAM you're all set and aimed and BAM perfect accuracy.

And like half of the items are first-person shots. That makes it even better.

Lain: Zelda games work better without voice acting. To me, at least. I like the feel of it without voice acting. Mario games tend to not have voice acting either aside from the generic sound bits, so what's the difference.

Blargh: I totally felt the same way. I was like "wow there's no magic in this game." WHICH MAKES SENSE. Link is a FARM BOY. HE HERDS GOATS FOR A LIVING. The only thing that doesn't make sense in the storyline is how he can lift gorons. The iron boots keep him weighted down, but actually getting one over his head? Amazing.

Everything else worked fine. Anyone can learn how to use things once they pick them up, but it doesn't make sense that you suddenly "know" magic.

Oh, and enchanted arrows were a little less sensical than arrows with bombs on them, though attaching a bomb to an arrow might be hard work. Ever notice that bomb arrows sank after you shot them from the weight and regular ones didn't? HMM?
Old 01-25-2007, 12:10 AM   #9
ndthatsme
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ndthatsme
Angry Re: *Spoiler Warning*Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Discussion.

ha i wouldnt believe anyone who says they got all the poes, all the hearts, beating the cave of ordeals, and everything else in 30 hours. i think anyone who says that cant b a true fan because they would know that it would physicaly take that long to just walk/warp to places and dungeons. let alone u would have 2 know exactly what to do the split second u came into a room. :/ it sickens me that ya'll would say such a thing
ndthatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:05 AM   #10
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Ok. You need to learn how to read before jumping to conclusions and rounding down.

Quote:
I was done in 34 hours with all 20 heart containers.

My save file is at 39 hours with 60 poes, 20 heart containers, all of the lures, all of the fish caught, all of the bugs caught, the cave of ordeals finished, and all of the weapon upgrades.
And honestly, you make it sound like it's impossible to do. Now that I know what to do, I could easily get that. You know how many times I left the game sitting there while I did other things? The answer is a lot. You know how many times I got stuck in dungeons? Maybe once out of half of the dungeons there was something that delayed me for about half an hour. Some of the dungeons were totally straightforward for me.

ps I had all of the weapon upgrades, all of the bugs, and all of the heart containers before I beat the game. I just had 30 poes and none of the fishing stuff done. And I never went into the cave since I wanted to keep the bottle for the last fight, just to be sure.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:59 AM   #11
Pumble
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Pumble

Aside from being too easy, it's a really good game

Probably the most sidequest content out of any zelda game, decent storyline, and the wiimote does add something to it; i really like the aiming, sword attacks etc, it pulled off the wii conversion really well without the controls being awkward and dumb.

I think it took me 30 hours or so to beat, although my game time reads double that from leaving it on, and i still haven't come close to 100%ing it because i probably spent at least a couple hours running around the overworld doing nothing. Seriously, the overworld is awesome, it's fun to just run around in it, although i probably found nearly every bug in the process.

No magic is awesome.

Midna piano theme is awesome.

It's pretty much the reason to get a wii right now.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:38 PM   #12
Kekiz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post

Ok. You need to learn how to read before jumping to conclusions and rounding down.

And honestly, you make it sound like it's impossible to do. Now that I know what to do, I could easily get that. You know how many times I left the game sitting there while I did other things? The answer is a lot. You know how many times I got stuck in dungeons? Maybe once out of half of the dungeons there was something that delayed me for about half an hour. Some of the dungeons were totally straightforward for me.

ps I had all of the weapon upgrades, all of the bugs, and all of the heart containers before I beat the game. I just had 30 poes and none of the fishing stuff done. And I never went into the cave since I wanted to keep the bottle for the last fight, just to be sure.
Probably followed a guide.
Kekiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:24 PM   #13
blargherness
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blargherness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekiz View Post
Yes, that wonderful guide called your brain. It works well in times of confusion and need.
So what was everybody's favorite weapon? (since there's a giant spoiler warning slapped on anyway)
I personally liked the ball & chain, of course. I loved how you could just swing it around you and it would provide sort of a...spiky enemy deterrent.
I would like the spinner a lot more if it was used more often and didn't slow down to a stop after 2 seconds of use without hitting a groove.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:10 PM   #14
Lar-Lar
FFR Player

wellthis game owned wooooooh and i kant stop fighting ganoin its the best!!!
Lar-Lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:28 PM   #15
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

It took me around 64 hours, too. I'll name some of the roadblocks.

-ALL of the fairy tear collecting segments
-thinking I needed the bridge portal to do stuff and redoing things for it
-being retarded in the water temple and just not getting anywhere for a long time
-not knowing how to move cannonballs from room to room in the ice temple
-more ice temple retardation
-not knowing the statue could attack and destroy gates in the temple of time
-not knowing how to get to the double hookshot in the sky temple
-not knowing how to reach the boss in the sky temple
-not realizing the Zant fight emulated earlier bosses, and thus not knowing what to do on the first sequence
-getting the ****ing one heart piece from talking to all of the cats in the run-down town
-thinking the cave of ordeals was a necessary temple when I found it before the fourth temple
-not knowing what to do in Hyrule Castle with the steps and lanterns thing

Yes, that's only some of the roadblocks I hit. I was terribly slow at this game. I did do the cave of ordeals, though, but that only took around an hour. Got a little lucky with having JUST enough potion/fairies/etc. to finish the last room. I lost minimal health before that.

Great game. In my opinion, the later temples were a bit weaker compared to the earlier ones. The ending was awesome, though.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:08 PM   #16
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekiz View Post
Didn't I JUST say guides didn't exist when I beat the game?

After I beat it, I went on GameFAQs and they had up to the third dungeon finished. That was the only thing on GameFAQs. Two walkthroughs, one of which wasn't even close to the second dungeon.

I swear, you kids need to learn how to read things. I bought the game launch day and beat it less than a week later while playing Sports, Red Steel, and Monkey Ball, along with going to work. The only guide out at that point was the magazine-esque guide in the stores, and I'd rather die than to pay money for those.

You wanna know how I did it? Fine. I've been playing Zelda games since the late eighties. Probably since before you were born. Playing them all multiple times through and getting a feel for how Miyamoto likes his games pretty much tells you exactly what he plans to do next. Of course, he mixes it up a bit, but the general format is the same. Use the overworld to find the next dungeon. In the dungeon, you have six goals.

1) Get the map.
2) Get the compass.
3) Kill the mini-boss.
4) Receive the dungeon item.
5) Beat the dungeon boss using said item.
6) Get what you came for and leave.

I swear you all act like 35 hours is impossible to do, when all I see on gaming boards is that the average time of completion is 35 hours.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:59 PM   #17
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

I stopped playing mine and I'm at like 2x hours, I don't rush and hurry to beat the game as fast as I can, that's a waste of money to honestly. I'm still playing it, sort of, havn't touched it in 3 weeks or so... maybe I'll go do some more of it.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:25 PM   #18
plasmix
FFR Player

The Hyrule Field music is pretty kickass.
plasmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:50 AM   #19
Loyal2Death
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I beat it in just under 49 hours, but I left the game on a number of times in the Temple of Time and the Water Temple.

I laughed at danceguy's comments. I too had those same difficulties. Me and my friend were RETARDED when it came to the statue and it's use to attack. We actually didn't even use it to break the first gate, we teleported out using ooccoo, and kept the gate open.

Needless to say, I didn't get the heart container in that temple because you need to break everything, and I didn't. So I was pissed when I read the FAQ afterward.

Regardless the game was amazing, and so was it's soundtrack. I beat it with 19 4/5ths hearts, 48-52 poes, can't remember. I didn't do the cave of ordeals though. I did the first 10 waves with the intention of going back later, but I went on beat the game and never came back. But yeah.

~-[L2D]-~

Are you Loyal?
Nows the time to choose
Die and be free of pain.
Or live and fight your sorrow.
Loyal2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:02 AM   #20
the_unda_doggz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post

Prove the noob wrong, take a pic.
the_unda_doggz is offline   Reply With Quote