Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2004, 03:22 PM   #1
MystieRains
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to MystieRains Send a message via MSN to MystieRains
Default Being Prejudice On White Men?

Can this really be done? I was reading through the Critical Board (like I’ve been doing lately. I barely get an intellectual conversation with another human being now, and reading others help to keep me on my toes) and to quote one of Jewpin’s comment was

Quote:
“But the White man f*cked everything up. I blame the white man.”
A lot of people do. I know how my mother does, and lots of minorities do also. Slavery and the exploiting of minorities, barely existing women’s status, they were great horrible things in the past, and of course exist this way now. Maybe some things less than more, but it’s still there. But now there’s plenty of talking out about it. Rising up from it. There are laws against it. Programs fighting it. And lots of blaming.

I remember two of my male friends complain on how there’s been too much of this. Not on how it’s wrong, but how a lot of the tables have turned. It makes me wonder if they’re true. Scholarships for instance, there are plenty of groups that single just for Blacks, Latinos, Women, and such. Not one for the basic white guy. If they did, they’d be a lawsuit so fast it’d make your head spin. And how if women say something against men it’s perfectly fine, but if a man says something against a women, it can be reviewed as a sexist comment, and be serious consequences.

A lot of men say we’re taking this too far, and a lot of others are saying it’s not being taken far enough. It brings up the idea ‘are people being prejudice upon the common white guy?’ I don’t know, I’m no where near it. I can see where both sides are coming from. Is it fair considering the past that many people had to live with, or is it not fair to be ‘taking it out on later generations’ and “trying to make us constantly grovel all the time and make us feel bad” which is what one of my male friends said.

I hope this doesn’t seem like a stupid topic, but I really am curious. Especially on the guys it directly effects.
Old 01-24-2004, 07:02 PM   #2
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Well...and speaking from a totally unbiased, outsider's standpiont...the white man did kind of fuck everything up. Let's see what we've accomplished: Organized religion, slavery, government, terorrism, Bush (XD), etc. So on, and so forth...really, if you look at it, the white man is the reason we are where we are today (notice, where we are today is not a good place). Think back in history- most major wars, political disagreements, racism, and the general attitude toward the world, has all been influenced by us.

Reading back on this paragraph, it seems really racist...keep in mind I'm white, and I'm kind of rambling, just putting down thoughts...I'll add to this later.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 07:07 PM   #3
makaveli121212
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to makaveli121212

i dont think any whiteman this day and age should have to pay the consequences for what other whitmen did way before they were born
makaveli121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 08:18 PM   #4
trillobyite
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrombie0909
Well...and speaking from a totally unbiased, outsider's standpiont...the white man did kind of fuck everything up. Let's see what we've accomplished: Organized religion, slavery, government, terorrism, Bush (XD), etc.
how did the white man start terorism? That's the Muslim extremists you're thinking of, not the white man.
Every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lives here on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.
http://obs.nineplanets.org/psc/pbd.html
trillobyite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 08:44 PM   #5
makaveli121212
FFR Player

you know you look on the bad side whitemen are evil but think of all the good things they brought to the world and you can see why things were the way they were
Old 01-24-2004, 09:13 PM   #6
VxDx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to VxDx

Quote:
Well...and speaking from a totally unbiased, outsider's standpiont...the white man did kind of fuck everything up. Let's see what we've accomplished: Organized religion, slavery, government, terorrism, Bush (XD), etc. So on, and so forth...really, if you look at it, the white man is the reason we are where we are today (notice, where we are today is not a good place). Think back in history- most major wars, political disagreements, racism, and the general attitude toward the world, has all been influenced by us.
1. Uhh, white people (presumably you mean Europeans did not invent religion.
2. White people didn't invent terrorism.
3. How is government a bad thing? Would you rather have anarchy?
4. The world didn't revolve around Europe a long long time ago, it revolved around the middle east.
VxDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 10:07 PM   #7
HNJhack
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HNJhack

well ithink his main poit was we have caused so much hatred in this world by doing these things to all of these people, that is has caused these side-effects.I think he is wrong.

-First of all we can't even trace the origin of religion, i think the farthest we know of is the aztechs.
-Second, all terrorism is, is the mob attackng other countries and such.They do the same work as the mobs did( to the extreme) just in other coutries.
-Third, The gov't we were SUPPOSED to have would have been fine, but we let it get out of hand, plus total anatchy would be really cruel on you.
-Finally, the workd doesn't revovle around anything but existance, we are just self centered, we have created a bunch of our problems and blame it on other countries or just one person. "it's all the president's fault!", no it's not, it's the whole fucking gov't fault, cuz the pres can't do dhit without the rest of the gov't agreeing or voting.

And that concludes my rant for the day ... ^_^

- 無秩序の神
HNJhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 10:41 PM   #8
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

HNJHack : Number 1 is wrong as hell. Religion can be traced back to nearly the very beginning of man, when people were buried with objects for use in the next life, and ceremonies were conducted to appease spirits and the like.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 11:10 PM   #9
Master_of_PARANOiA
FFR Player

I'm prejudice against myself, and I'm white...

0 N0S I'M A CRACKA HATER
Afrobean16 (8:58:05 PM): you're evil incarnate
Master_of_PARANOiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 11:40 PM   #10
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Okay, just so you know, I am white. And I am ashamed of what the white man has done in the past and even right now (G.W Bush/KKK/Neo-Nazis). I feel there are things that cannot be forgiven that the white man has done (such as stealing land from the Native Americans).

However, I feel that in oreder to get ride of Racism (and reverse racism) we must let the past go. We must put an end to affirmative action (I am liberal by the way). We must stop referring to people as minorities.

And trillobyte, Terrorism existed way before 9-11. I would say the first extreme case of Terrorism either started during the Nazi occupation of Germany. I dont know...can anyone else think of something earlier?
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 12:14 AM   #11
Varia
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Varia Send a message via MSN to Varia Send a message via Yahoo to Varia

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli121212
i dont think any whiteman this day and age should have to pay the consequences for what other whitmen did way before they were born
Definitely agree with you on that...same should go with anything else. Don't hate your neighbor because his brother stole your cheetos, or something.

I have a problem with white America. You know, the people that Jewpin always makes jokes about. "Go drive in your SUV to Starbucks and get a hot cup of STFU". Yeah, those white people. From what I have seen, they are very closed-minded to anything outside of their country. They are racist. Not to an extreme but they pretty much have some sort of dislike for people that aren't white, or don't act like them. They are wasteful and ignorant, not to mention selfish. They only want to get themselves ahead in life so they can promote the cycle of this lifestyle they love.

I know I am generalizing, which isn't really a good thing, but the majority of white people I know are like that.

I am downright ashamed at times that I am mostly white, and that I am stereotyped by others because of it. Truly, the white race has done the most horrific things to this world that I know of. No other race even comes close to the suffering and pain and hate that they have produced and prolonged. That's about all I have to say about that.

ARE YOU HOMOSEXUAL?

I THINK SO
Varia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 12:38 AM   #12
eyespewgreekfire
FFR Player

early terrorism- heres a few
genghish khan's army in the mid 1300's
great example- goth sack of rome 421
probably some earlier ones too
in other words terrorism existed before islam was thought of
white man has done bad things
he has also done good

eyespewgreekfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 01:14 AM   #13
MystieRains
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to MystieRains Send a message via MSN to MystieRains

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
However, I feel that in oreder to get ride of Racism (and reverse racism) we must let the past go. We must put an end to affirmative action (I am liberal by the way). We must stop referring to people as minorities.
If getting rid of the term "minorities" happens, all the programs, speaking out, scolorships and other things for specific people end. Things that lots a people would have been without before. Would this be such a good thing? I know a lot of people consider all these scholarships a good way to make up for the past.

Quote:
Well...and speaking from a totally unbiased, outsider's standpiont...the white man did kind of fuck everything up.
Yeah, you guys did. No offence meant or anything ^_^" but what about "justice" or "revenge"? I'm not saying go out and kill every old white guy you see, he's probably a racist, but I know a lot of people have cried out how it isn't fair how they (they meaning all the racist white men of the past) gotten away with so much and had really no fair justice taken to them. Technically, Germaby has had it's justice "dealt" upon it, several times. What about all the others prejudice people? And we have to remember, it isn't just race. There's plenty of other kinds too.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:46 AM   #14
Scarlette
FFR Player

Not that I'm racist or anything, but say, if there was me, (I'm white by the way) a black girl, and a Mexican girl, and we were all equally smart, let's say we're trying to get into a certain college, and let's say theres only two spaces left so someone gets left out, so we got to take a test, right? (keep in mind that we are all equally smart)

We all take the test with the same exact answers and...

They get in just because they're black and Mexican

Don't you think that's even the tiniest bit unfair?

ROCK FOR LIFE
Scarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:08 AM   #15
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Well, now you're getting into affirmative action, which is a tad different. I agree with you...halfheartedly. See, I also think where a person grew up, or what kind of a life they had should have something to do with it. Look at it a bit differently- A black kid from the bronx, grew up in poverty, went to community high school, and his parents were divorced, his mom was a drunk, his dad beat him, and somehow, magically, he still gets good enough grades to get into Harvard. Now contraversially, there's a white kid who's been pampered, spoiled, his dad's a doctor, his mom's a successful real estate agent, and they're living in the lap of luxury in Beverly Hills in a 21 million dollar house. They get exact same grades, exact same test scores. Who do you think worked harder to get in?
Old 01-25-2004, 10:12 AM   #16
makaveli121212
FFR Player

i dont see how its really unfair if they are equally smart...but in many cases especially at the university of michigan minoritiies have gotten excepted with worse numbers than some white students...that is unfair in my mind...giving spots to people based on thier ethnicity rather than their smarts shouldnt be...jewpin i think youre way off here...i can see how you can be ashamed of the white race because of those certain things, but then you must feel equally proud of many of the things the whiteman brought into the world right? not only that, but it isnt like any race is perfect...every race from chinese to blacks to latinos all have their things to be ashamed of, but you just dont look at the bad, you have to look at the good too...thats why i feel that the whiteperson has done equally as many good things as bad things and shouldnt be criticized just for the bad things
Old 01-25-2004, 10:28 AM   #17
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Maka, that case at Michagan is the thing that spawned this whole affirmative action thing, but I know a little bit about it...what happened was there was a black guy and a white guy, and the white guy had slightly better grades (but very slightly), and the black guy got in because Michagan decided they needed more cultural diversity. I'm not taking a stand, because I feel both ways, but that's what happened...yeah.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:30 AM   #18
Scarlette
FFR Player

I live in Michigan, near Detroit.

We can get to Cedar Point in less than 4 hours.

ROCK FOR LIFE
Scarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 11:14 AM   #19
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Quote:
We can get to Cedar Point in less than 4 hours.

Lucky bastard, I LOVE Cedar Point! Millinium Force!
Old 01-25-2004, 11:19 AM   #20
makaveli121212
FFR Player

i know a lot about U-M too, not only do i live an hour away but i also was accepted there...i still dont know if i want to go there though, they seem way to liberal to me...notre dame is much more conservative and i like that better