Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2019, 11:57 PM   #11
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2019 albums halp

Day 602: I Know You Like It by Shinichiro Yokota

My immediate point of comparison is Octo Octa. I feel like there are some classic deep house records I should actually be comparing this to but I'm illiterate in life. This definitely contains a lot more movement within the songs than anything I've heard from Octo Octa, more obvious samples are present, and there's a lot more emphasis on the higher frequencies here. None of this changes my opinion on the music. I just don't like this as much as For Lovers or Where Are We Going? anOH SHIT SHE RELEASES A NEW ALBUM A WEEK BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY FUCK YEAH

Anyways, back to this album. The grooves are good, but a select few of these tracks honestly come off as a bit cheesy to me, almost like it's trying too hard to keep a throwback vibe around. This doesn't affect the majority of the album, but I think this would've been better at, like, two-thirds the length with some of the less enjoyable tracks cut, usually the ones with more clutter (did I just contradict myself? Who gives a fat flying pigfuck) although it's hard to call anything cluttered here.

It still gets a pretty good rating because minimalism like this is my fucking JAM at the dead of night.

Best Track: Time Traveling
Rating: 6.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote