Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2018, 12:47 AM   #11
Zman100
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Stepmania/ffr history thread (input/help wanted!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld View Post
This is probably a nice time for all you veterans who have been around 10+ years to share your stories too hope you all find something interesting here, and have a good time!
It may be interesting to walk through the FFR/SM timeline and discuss some of the top tier players and how their role affected the community/game play. I wasn't specifically active on the forums back in 04-05 time frame, but I'm sure Hi19 or other veterans could comment more on each of the individuals listed below roles in the community.

Names that come to mind for early FFR gods would be (Shashakiro, Dynam0, xxxsmittyxxx, BahamutX)
I'm probably leaving a few names off the list, but just off the top of my head those players were substantially ahead of everyone else at the time. As odd as it sounds I remember watching a video of Shashakiro play "Get Down" at school I assume, and getting two goods. [Link to Vid for nostalgia reasons :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P37KaWlty50 ] From then on I was convinced that skill level was obtainable and the scores this group was setting were legit. Also shout out to screen cutting and having to use the numpad for spread LOL.

SM list: The community should expand on this as I'm not as well versed with the grouping for this era of play, but I believe these are some of the earlier SM players (Thaor, Wooke, IzzySM, BahamutX, and Dynam0 again)

Thaor - Ridiculous MA and speed for his time. I essentially s*** myself the first time I saw his St. Scarhand video. Mind you some of his scores are still really good 10+yrs later.
Wooke - Vibro God and comparable speed to Thaor
IzzySM - Crazy good MA
BahamutX - Similar caliber to Dynam0 at the time? Really good speed with very precise MA. If your a fan of key taps go watch some of his old vids
Dynam0 - While I guess never obtaining rank 1, maybe the most consistent top tier player of all time? Has always had good MA/speed. Likely came out of the womb with a keyboard? We may never know.
Zman100 is offline   Reply With Quote