Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2017, 01:50 AM   #1
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P
Default Livestream idea - Pack marathons!

So, I recently got into twitch, livestreaming my everyday stepmania sessions. I love it. I love being able to showcase my play, because it brings me back to where rhythm games gave me this sense of community that I love. I also watch other speedruns, and while some people are casual, most are competitive. The problem this brings with stepmania is this is more of a showcasing type of game, and not anything more marathon based like most speedruns are. SO! Here's an idea I thought up of:

STEPMANIA SIMFILE PACK MARATHONS!

So, lets start with the legendary and ancient KBMP. How a pack run would work is the player would play every song one time, and if they reset, they would have to start from the very first song in the pack. You play every one of those songs, and you tally up your total percentage points. Let's assume there's about 50 songs in that pack, and the player averaged a 95% score on every song. 95 x 50 = 4,750. That would be the players personal best.

It's a more casual variant that Stepmania could be opened to, and more players would gravitate to a more casual setting, rather than trying to outspeed the fastest players.

What do you guys think? Would you guys be on board for this?
A2P is offline   Reply With Quote