Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2016, 07:48 PM   #10
ZanmatoFusion
FFR Player

Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 3

I understand the situation of "slaughter." However, I am not sympathetic. I've been in D6 for a few years now. Every year, once we hit this spot here in the tournament (Rounds 3-5) it shows the huge discrepancy of D6. Still, I fight, as others also do. If we want to get out of the spot were in we have to practice and work hard to achieve a higher skill. Entering an official tournament means you will push yourself to the highest and utmost skill you can possibly achieve. If you can't hack it, oh well, there is always next year.

You are an avid CSGO streamer and player. Do you know how many teams get beat out for the LCS every single year? Yet they don't lower the bar so more people "have a chance to get in." You play at the VERY BEST you possibly can and if that is enough great! Otherwise, keep practicing.

I think it's about time this tournament stops catering to EVERY player, and caters to what an "Official" tournament should be. Basically, AJ, exactly what you did with your OSU tournament. There was NO divisions. I was ranked 60 something and went up against Seed 4. Oh well. Shit happens. I wasn't good enough. Same concept here.

Also, in regards to slaughtering, have you looked at the tournament closely?

D2 - 3,825 point differencial between Rank 1 and the cut off of Rank 24.
D3 - 3,295 point differencial between Rank 1 and the cut off of Rank 26.
D4 - 1,450 point differencial between Rank 1 and the cut off of Rank 24.
D5 - 970 point differencial between Rank 1 and the cut off of Rank 32.

D2 - 153 Goods
D3 - 131.8 Goods
D4 - 58 Goods
D5 - 38.8 Goods

That's a HUGE difference! It's potential slaughter to those that were eliminated already. At least in my eyes.

Now, don't get it twisted (lol), I am not the tournament hoster, nor would I ever DREAM to be (It's fucking hell, trust me, I've seen you two for years hosting this and know what it brings upon you both), but I do understand where you are coming from. (Yes I bolded that part so you will see that!

Either way, there is a HUGE discrepancy in every division. Yet the other divisions are getting bumrushed entirely. The same should be done with D6.

EDIT: Yes, I know there is a limited number of stepfiles. HOWEVER, if they get a template down to a science, they could request certainly difficulties, and since we have such an immense amount of ELITE step artists, I'm damn sure they could come up with those specified difficulties way before the tournament starts. Trust me, I know this site has some of the best steppers around.

Last edited by ZanmatoFusion; 07-13-2016 at 07:49 PM..