Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2011, 01:12 AM   #1
D!LL
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to D!LL Send a message via MSN to D!LL Send a message via Yahoo to D!LL Send a message via Skype™ to D!LL
Default GeoHot VS Sony

So here's the skinny. Well known jailbreak hacker George Francis Hotz AKA: GeoHot was the first person to hax0r into the iPhone and has been pretty relevant in writing Jailbreak codes for things online for a while now.

His most recent conquest, the PS3, allowed players to use things on their PS3 such as homebrew and PlayStation 2 emulation. This has gotten him into some legal trouble. Sony sued him on on 8000 counts for violation of the DMCA on January 12.

He appeared on G4's "Attack Of The Show" on January 14th and stated, quite plainly, Sony is basically suing him because he made them mad. And quite frankly. That's exactly what it seems like.

I personally think that he's right. I've discussed this with a few people already, and a lot of the debate against GeoHot states that "Well his hack could be used to pirate" and "Sony worked rrlly supr hard on their console" and that's pretty much it. But GeoHot's hack was designed specifically so that it could not be used directly to pirate.

What do you people think? Do you think Sony is violating his rights? Do we really own the things we buy from large companies like Sony? Should we be able to break free from what the large cooperation spoon feed us? Or is GeoHot a terrible criminal?

Go.
Z͙̖̠̆̊͌̊ȧ̞̟̀ͫͬ͂̂l̰̊ͧͤġ͉͉̣̟̠̘̐̾ő̟̜͙ͬ̃̆͂͌́ͬͅ.͙͙̲̠̘͖̪ͤͅ ̪̘͙̣̃̂̂̅̽ͯ̒ͅH̯͉̰̩̪̐͌͛ͬẹ͐ ͚͔͙ͩ̿̈ͅw͚̹̯̰̫͛̔̈́̾h͉̦̬̪͈͈̜̟ͧ͆̆ͩ̿̇o̳͔̩̯͕ͦ̿ͨ̇ͤͮ̔̚ ͙̫̙͈͊̾͊ͧͫ̓̋W̳̣̲͙̞̏̓a͓̩͕̭̜ͨͪ̍̿͐i̗̞͍̟̦͋ṯ͙̗͔̹͓̑̈́ͅͅs̠̖̩̝̜̟̓͂̏ͣͩ ̘̭̪͔͒̅ͩ̌̅̈̈B̺̹̙̩͖͍̣͇̲̏ë̼̹̘͙̣̹́̅ͅḧ͍͓͖́͐i̝̪͉̺͓̝ͣ̐̃̓͊̀̉n̯͎̺̰̜͙̖̖̒̉͛ͣ̏̑d̞̤͇͌̓ ̝͙͎̹̭̻͙̪̂̃ͥ̏T͚͎̰͇̦̳̓̓̔h̲̘̼̪̺̙̲͂ͪ̾ͮ͛ͩ̍̎e͉͔̩̝͖̎ ̣͂͐W̩͇͈̦̭̠̺̖ͮ̆̒̍â̟̻ͦl̞̮̖̘̥͙͒̈́̍̍l̹̥̠͕͗̆ͧ͗ͤ̉̍.͓̗̣͉͍̤͉͍ͪ͂͊̈͑ͦ͑ͧͅ
D!LL is offline   Reply With Quote