Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2008, 07:21 AM   #1
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Need Computer Help! (Serious problem)

So, I do not know how it happened today but when my computer started today, the Generic Host for 32 or something like that crashed. OK, that happened before so I attempted a restart and it wouldn't show the crash so I thought it's fixed but no, my sound is ****ed up (it doesn't work) and my computer skin is messed up. Now I downloaded the patch to fix it (it's from Microsoft and old, from 2005) and it wouldn't work. I can't do a system restore because it won't let me, and when I try to download/install Service Pack 3, it always aborts.

In addition to that Firefox and Internet explorer take a long time to start up when I click them, usually it takes 2-3 seconds while it now takes about a minute.

Here are some specs:
Windows Home SP 2
AMD Athlon XP 3000+
2.10Ghz, 512 RAM
The OS is in German
Firefox 3 and Internet Explorer 7

Also here are some pictures:

As you can see, the window has the correct skin while the task bar is messed up:

Please help me fix this,
CBR

EDIT: Sound works now, now we still need to fix the skin

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 06-28-2008 at 01:53 PM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n
Default Re: Need Computer help (serious problem)

wowzers looks like your *hijacked* dude your comp looks hacked to the max. Can you get into safe mode? Then try to delete that crap, maybe reboot your comp. get the recovery discs, or go to walmart and they have this version of norton, that will reinstall everything and get your comp working, but it's like 70$

you gotta destroy some stuff as in, turn off allow remote connections or something, delete all internet cookies cache etc, if your internet is working, just unplug your comp and internet randomly, actually disable your internet in your firewall settings, then click cntrl alt delete, and go to processes, and look for anything suspicous in there. and if your not sure google the process it will tell you what its for. then after you do all that reboot and then see if your good.

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P

Last edited by Mans0n; 06-27-2008 at 10:24 AM..
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:46 PM   #3
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mans0n View Post
wowzers looks like your *hijacked* dude your comp looks hacked to the max. Can you get into safe mode? Then try to delete that crap, maybe reboot your comp. get the recovery discs, or go to walmart and they have this version of norton, that will reinstall everything and get your comp working, but it's like 70$
Just stop going into threads about computer help, cause every god damn time you do it, you just tell them to go buy Norton. You don't even know what the hell you're talking about I bet. Seriously, Norton sucks ass.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
Sh4d0wD3v1L
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Sh4d0wD3v1L

Wow... that sucks bad...

Anyways, I'm no expert in reading hijack logs, but the process list looks fine. I don't know about the rest of it, and I'm not going to tell you to delete anything. I would say try and run your virus scans/spyware scans and go from there. I would go for spybot S&D and ad-aware, they do 90% of the job.

Best of luck to you CBR.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n

O23 - Service: T-Online WLAN Adapter Steuerungsdienst (MZCCntrl) - Deutsche Telekom AG, Marmiko IT-Solutions GmbH - C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Marmiko Shared\MZCCntrl.exe does not look like a good process, due to the fact that its the only non english process running, and its WLAN, I think, so your comp is being remotly hacked, disable your internet before he gets all your info. then he'll (they) will delete your system32 file, and yeah..

Also maybe this one too, C:\Programme\MAGIX\Common\Database\bin\fbserver.ex e

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:02 AM   #6
Coolboyrulez0
VICES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mans0n View Post
O23 - Service: T-Online WLAN Adapter Steuerungsdienst (MZCCntrl) - Deutsche Telekom AG, Marmiko IT-Solutions GmbH - C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Marmiko Shared\MZCCntrl.exe does not look like a good process, due to the fact that its the only non english process running, and its WLAN, I think, so your comp is being remotly hacked, disable your internet before he gets all your info. then he'll (they) will delete your system32 file, and yeah..

Also maybe this one too, C:\Programme\MAGIX\Common\Database\bin\fbserver.ex e
no, no, no. That's my internet provider, since I am in germany right now. (technically this is not my computer, its my grandpa's)
I already ran Spybot Search and Destroy and successfully found and deleted 119 viruses. Now Ad Aware adaware found and got rid of 19 dangerous objects. Gonna restart, rescan and see how things unfold.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:53 AM   #7
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3

Dang...
I recall having a problem similar to that once.
I had first got this computer and immediately searched across the internet for N64 roms (I was 11 years old), and nvsvc32.exe went boom.
Got a free program and and it discovered 10K+ infected/corrupted objects.
Still didn't fix it.
Did a Destructive Recovery, somehow that worked, lost all mah N64 roms, 'cept for two I had on a flash drive.

tl'dr:
- Don't search for roms on the internet.
- You should probably back-up anything you can then do a Destructive Recovery. Probably a smarter solution out there, but it worked when I was 11, so hey.

Sorry about my post quality. It's 10:00AM, I've had three Mountain Dews, and I'm listening to Freedom Call. :S
Old 06-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #8
Coolboyrulez0
VICES

Destructive recovery would just get those viruses, malware, keyloggers and everything back that I deleted today also I already did a system recovery and the same problem continues... But now I know for sure what the file is called that crashes at every (re)start, it's: Generic Host Process for Win32 Services. Also I downloaded Service Pack 3 but it wouldn't install since it says the Windows Start Data (Kernel) isn't A Microsoft windows file... (Yes, this is a legal computer, OS bought back in 2004, and I tried it via Automatic Updates but it always aborts). Ad-Aware also deleted 268 malicious files but I don't think viruses are the problem since I researched the topic a little and they say it doesn't have to do with viruses. At least I got rid of the all the viruses on this machine, which is irrelevant to the problem so the problem still exists.

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 06-27-2008 at 12:48 PM..
Old 06-27-2008, 02:21 PM   #9
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

This was probably because you didn't have your computer up to date. It's very important to check often for OS updates.
Quote:
I downloaded the patch to fix it (it's from Microsoft and old, from 2005) and it wouldn't work. I can't do a system restore because it won't let me, and when I try to download/install Service Pack 3, it always aborts.
Again, keep everything up to date.

Also since your OS is in German, it's probably safe to say some of the configuration files (everything you listed in hijackthis) will be different, so I'm not going to make any recomendations as to what to delete. Just let your scanners find everything, and scan in safe mode as well.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #10
Coolboyrulez0
VICES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyman2007 View Post
This was probably because you didn't have your computer up to date. It's very important to check often for OS updates.

Again, keep everything up to date.

Also since your OS is in German, it's probably safe to say some of the configuration files (everything you listed in hijackthis) will be different, so I'm not going to make any recomendations as to what to delete. Just let your scanners find everything, and scan in safe mode as well.
This can not be the problem as the computer is most up-to-date (for the exception of Service Pack 3, which won't work). Every update is installed and the drivers are up to date also so that couldn't be the problem. OK, I will enter Safe mode scan and restart and all that and will be back with the results.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #11
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

In a basic overview of the Hijack log, I recognize everything as healthy except "T-Online" (which I don't recognize at all).

I can suggest two programs.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/
- Boot windows in safe mode.
- Run a quick scan. (If it finds more than 8, *** see end)

Download and install Registry Fix 6.4
Enter the following registration code:
Username: Coolboyrulez0
Key: 85XGJ - EHZTF - J2QIJ
Live Update: 364ADC19

Run the scan.

Anything else you can do, such as Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, you Antivirus, or any other program you already have would probably help.

Otherwise I see nothing wrong with your computer. Obviously a Virus, or Malware has infected your main registry, which is messing up your language files in some way.

*** Run a Full Scan now. (Could take up to 10 hours, and could do absolutely nothing. Do it before you go to bed.)

That's all I can do for you.

Edit:

If anything your virus is "C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE"
I would suggest using a windows startup manager, such as the one in Spybot S&D, to stop it from booting up. Do this at your own risk as it could stop certain key processes from starting (if it isn't a virus).

Edit2:

After more careful reading, it doesn't look like it is a virus. But it still could be.

Edit3:

Also, I don't know what language you speak but it seems that your computer is set to DE or Deutschland. You may want to switch that back to English.

I'll be back later to see how you did.

Last edited by Zageron; 06-27-2008 at 03:12 PM..
Zageron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:16 AM   #12
Reknarock
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Reknarock Send a message via AIM to Reknarock Send a message via MSN to Reknarock Send a message via Skype™ to Reknarock

sieht ja echt schlimm aus Oo

bei sovielen viren, sollteste fast noch "SUPERAntiSpyware" drüberlaufen lassen, ist um eingies besser als search and destroy (finde ich zumindest, da dieser mehr viren/spybots etc erkannte als S&D)

und zum problem, ich frga mich wieso der drucker & hardware meint? des gibts j net... also wenn du eine soundkarte hast also nicht onboard, sollteste da mal schauen ob die richtig sitzt und nicht verrutscht ist (wobei ich nicht glaube das es daran liegt

und dann gehste mal auf "systemsteuerung -> Hardware" und schaust dort ob du dort eine soundkarte etc findest, diese einfach mal installieren (treiber) sofern es geht

edit: wenn du sp 3 haben möchtest, dann müssten diese hier gehen:

Download: Windows XP Service Pack 3 Deutsch (313 Mb)
Download: Windows XP Service Pack 3 Englisch (316,4 Mb)

Last edited by Reknarock; 06-28-2008 at 09:28 AM..
Reknarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:23 AM   #13
powerdown
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to powerdown

This happened to me awhile ago on my old laptop, and surprisingly, my frustration seemed to lead me to a rather obscure fix.

I'm not sure how your computer works, but on mine, if I were to shutdown the computer while it was booting up, the next time I tried to start up, I would have a screen saying "Windows was shut down before it was properly booted, etc." and it would have some options at the bottom. One of the options is "Reboot with last known working configs" or something to that effect. Pick that one, and let your computer start normally.

Like I said, it fixed mine, someway, somehow XD But I dont know how your computer will handle that given the OS is Deutsch.

RULES FOR PROPER THREAD MAKING
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
1. before you make a thread... think to yourself... "will i sound like a complete idiot if i make this thread?" "will i get flamed out the ass if i make this thread?" "am i doing nothing but whining about something i'm getting for free and not supporting myself?" if you answer yes to any of those questions, don't post the thread.

2. if the thread has ANYTHING to do with tokens, skill tokens, sotw, or difficulty of songs... do not post it. under any circumstance. why? because you already violated rule #1, i'm sure.
powerdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:16 AM   #14
Coolboyrulez0
VICES

Alright guys, here we go:

@Sullyman: I let S&D run in safe mode last night and it didn't find any viruses and Let Ad-Aware 2008 run which found another 268 viruses 16 of those very dangerous, thanks for that.

@Zageron: I downloaded and Installed/register RegistryFix and it fixed like 770 things o_O then I installed the other program (MalWare Bytes) and let it run a full scan but it only found 6 things and I got rid of those. Restarted, the same error is still there.

@Reknarok: Thanks for the SP3 link but I doubt it will work since I downloaded it before and it gave me an error about my windows start kernel not being an original windows file (even though my windows is legally bought and everything) but I will try again. And I'm gonna get the SUPERAntiSpyware right now. [Danke für den SP3 link aber ich glaube das wird nicht funzen weil ich habe das schonmal versucht und es gab mir einen Windows start kernel fehler aber ich versuche es nochmal und ich lade mir jetzt mal das SUPERAntiSpyware runter]

@Powerdown: Will try it out. Be back with results in a while.

Thanks for helping guys, at least I got rid of over 1.5K+ viruses and registry errors
CBR

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 06-28-2008 at 10:20 AM..
Old 06-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #15
LoneW0lf
ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ Bears ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post

Thanks for helping guys, at least I got rid of over 1.5K+ viruses and registry errors
CBR

Why the **** did he have so many viruses.
no wonder yer computer is ****ed, what is he downloading that gives him so much ****?
Old 06-28-2008, 10:17 AM   #16
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

As far as the skins goes...I can't really figure out the problem. My girlfriend has the EXACT same thing, but she's been running her computer that way for years. I don't know if there really is a fix for it dude. I'm supposed to go over sometime this week to try to fix it, and if I am able to I'll let you know.
MystictheHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:03 AM   #17
Coolboyrulez0
VICES

@Powerdown: Let computer restart, cut off power, turned it back on selected the reboot with last known settings option, and the error was still there.
@Reknarok: SP3 would not install and the anti virus program you gave me just found and deleted 1 virus.

Thanks for all your help guys, I know we will find a solution... hopefully.
CBR
Old 06-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #18
Reknarock
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Reknarock Send a message via AIM to Reknarock Send a message via MSN to Reknarock Send a message via Skype™ to Reknarock

für mich brauchste das nicht extra in deutsch nochma schreiben ^^

ich kann englisch sehr gut lesen, nur mit dem schreiben isses ein problem

haste dann wenigstens schon bei der hardware nachgeschaut?
bzw. ob du eine extra soundkarte hast die nicht erkannt wird oder die treiber fehlen?
Old 06-28-2008, 11:32 AM   #19
Coolboyrulez0
VICES

Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller, Audiocodecs, Legacy-Audiodrivers are all working according to windows, and I am pretty sure I know what the problem is... once the computer is started up and situated after about 15-20 seconds I get the Generic Host for Win32 Process error which is needed for sound and the windows skin I assume... now I tried everything mentioned above and still no fix

Lonewolf, it's not my computer, it's my grandparent's... but this computer is about 4 years old and when I used it about 4 years ago I downloaded all kinds of viruses from Limewire and I leeched all kinds of crap since a 10 year doesn't know any better and so over the years nobody ever got rid of those viruses... until now.

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 06-28-2008 at 11:34 AM..
Old 06-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #20
LoneW0lf
ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ Bears ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
Lonewolf, it's not my computer, it's my grandparent's... but this computer is about 4 years old and when I used it about 4 years ago I downloaded all kinds of viruses from Limewire and I leeched all kinds of crap since a 10 year doesn't know any better and so over the years nobody ever got rid of those viruses... until now.
Its always limewires fault, lol
Even though, thank god, you can only seem to send virus through zip folders, and what idiot downloads those now?:/
good luck in deleting all that shizz, i would go to that remove programs thing and delete some ****, lol, its what i do everyone oncein a while, helps a little =D