Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
sonic-fast-fingers
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to sonic-fast-fingers Send a message via MSN to sonic-fast-fingers
Angry Irony at its Max.

At my High school, on all of the teacher's doors there is an American Flag on it for the lost ones of 9/11. It is taped on with scotch tape. Well actually it is not on the door, it is taped onto where it says the room number. This is great! Teachers showing their empathy for the lost ones of 9/11. I don't think many have a problem with this at all. Here is where my problem comes into play. Keep in mind that these little flags are so nice with the actual flag part being made of thin plastic closely resembling the material that is on a Fruit Rollup, maybe the flag material is one sheet thicker. Now the neck of the flag is like a toothpick. And on this toothpick neck it says in black "Made in China."

A flag that is supposed to represent your empathy for the lost ones of 9/11 has been made and bought from china. We are paying China to make our flags for 9/11. If you do not see the irony in this than I do not know what to tell you. Not only is it ironic. it is embarrassing, it is a slap in the face of Americans. Now believe me I know that America is not built on top of a pile of truths, it is built on a pile of lies and pillaging. And when I say that I support mourning for the lost ones of 9/11 I mean the lost ones and the lost ones only.

EDIT: Please believe what the media tells you about 9/11 they would never lie to you!

If you didn't want to read this long post, then here is a shortened version: flags to show empathy for those lost on 9/11 were made in China and purchased from them which is ironic and insulting.

What is your thought on the subject?

Last edited by sonic-fast-fingers; 09-12-2008 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: People.
sonic-fast-fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #2
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: Irony at its Max.

Everything is made in China.

If you want American flags made in America, expect to pay 500% more.

Also, you're a 9/11 conspiracy theorist. Kinda weird to think America is evil enough to kill its own citizens, but care that we use cheap labor to make stupid little things.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:35 PM   #3
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Wow where a flag is made isn't relevant at all.

If the flag was made in the Middle East - then maybe, but China wasn't responsible for 9/11, meaning just because we buy the flags from them isn't a slap in the face to anyone.
Xception704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #4
sonic-fast-fingers
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to sonic-fast-fingers Send a message via MSN to sonic-fast-fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Everything is made in China.

If you want American flags made in America, expect to pay 500% more.

Also, you're a 9/11 conspiracy theorist. Kinda weird to think America is evil enough to kill its own citizens, but care that we use cheap labor to make stupid little things.
Everything is not made in China. What kind of ignorant post is that?

Yeah maybe you will have to pay more money for it to be made here in America, but your feelings for ones lost shouldn't be based off of how much money you have to spend. If my mom dies I'm not going to base what kind of flowers I get off of how much it costs.

And this thread is not to debate whether or not 9/11 was a conspiracy.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #5
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

He was clearly exaggerating. That doesn't mean that a great amount of products you buy aren't made in china. Also, you cant make a statement that 9/11 wasn't terrorists and then say its not a debate. That is asking for trouble.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:45 PM   #6
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

The flag coming from the middle east is ironic.
The flag being made in China is business. I think you're making to much of a deal.
I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.
Psychotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:47 PM   #7
sonic-fast-fingers
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
He was clearly exaggerating. That doesn't mean that a great amount of products you buy aren't made in china. Also, you cant make a statement that 9/11 wasn't terrorists and then say its not a debate. That is asking for trouble.
Fine, I'll take that part out. But you guys aren't seeing why in this situation it is extremely weird to buy flags from China. Flags specifically for 9/11, not flags for whatever.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:56 PM   #8
s0ulst0n3
<SPACE FOR RENT>
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via AIM to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via MSN to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Yahoo to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Skype™ to s0ulst0n3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic-fast-fingers View Post
Everything is not made in China. What kind of ignorant post is that?
You completely missed the point Squeek was making, therefore you are ignorant.

Psychotik is right. You don't have proof that any people from the Chinese descent was piloting that plane. I don't see how it's ironic that the USA is buying 9/11 flags that China is selling, it's completely irrelevant.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:57 PM   #9
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

No.

Like I said, if we produced it here, it would cost at least 6 times as much.

I guarantee you that a bunch of "American Patriotism" products come from China.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:01 PM   #10
sonic-fast-fingers
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ulst0n3 View Post
You completely missed the point Squeek was making, therefore you are ignorant.

Psychotik is right. You don't have proof that any people from the Chinese descent was piloting that plane. I don't see how it's ironic that the USA is buying 9/11 flags that China is selling, it's completely irrelevant.
WHAT!? Maybe you should re-read some stuff because I never suggested that Chinese were affiliated or responsible for anything that happened on 9/11. And if you don't see the irony in this situation then I'm sorry for you.

Quote:
No.

Like I said, if we produced it here, it would cost at least 6 times as much.

I guarantee you that a bunch of "American Patriotism" products come from China.
Which is ironic. Is it not? Do you expect "American Patriotism" products to come from China?

Last edited by sonic-fast-fingers; 09-12-2008 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: accidently double posted
Old 09-12-2008, 11:07 PM   #11
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute

Quote:
I never suggested that Chinese were affiliated or responsible for anything that happened on 9/11.
Then how is it ironic? Maybe unpatriotic (if it's a word) but not ironic.
I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:08 PM   #12
Silver_Brian
¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(o_°)/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Yes. Everything comes from China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master
i now have another excuse to grow a dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFishRevolution View Post
"i've seen your little boy's penis"
Silver_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:10 PM   #13
sonic-fast-fingers
FFR Player

The point, Psychotik, is that America did not use American made flags for their own day of mourning. They are using a foreign countries production.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:12 PM   #14
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

As far as I'm concerned, the incredibly subjective term "Patriotism" has nothing to do with whether you buy products from another country or not.

Also, I love your edit.

Quote:
EDIT: Please believe what the media tells you about 9/11 they would never lie to you!
Once again completely missing the point.

And where, exactly, did you get the idea that the media is lying to you? The media.

I don't trust the media. Hell, I don't even watch the news. I just think conspiracy theorists are idiots. Moon landing, JFK assassination, 9/11, etc. Smart people with actual facts can easily debunk all of the rumors surrounding these "conspiracies".

Edit: you posted again

Quote:
The point, Psychotik, is that America did not use American made flags for their own day of mourning. They are using a foreign countries production.
You would think these people would make their own flags. Lazy asses. What, you didn't? You mean you don't grow your own crops in your backyard? You don't drill for your own oil? Then what the hell good are you?
Old 09-12-2008, 11:15 PM   #15
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamloo View Post
and my point is that there is lead in the products
That's wasn't funny the first time.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:21 PM   #16
sonic-fast-fingers
FFR Player

Quote:
I don't trust the media. Hell, I don't even watch the news. I just think conspiracy theorists are idiots. Moon landing, JFK assassination, 9/11, etc. Smart people with actual facts can easily debunk all of the rumors surrounding these "conspiracies".
Careful there squeek. Why are you calling me a "conspiracy theorist?" What made you make the presumption that I disbelieve everything (moon landing, JFK assassination etc.) Just because I have my own opinions about a certain situation makes me a "conspiracy theorist?" Smart people make assumptions based upon facts that they have compiled or learned. And if all the rumors of 9/11 could be debunked so easily then why do so many people still think its a conspiracy?

Quote:
You would think these people would make their own flags. Lazy asses. What, you didn't? You mean you don't grow your own crops in your backyard? You don't drill for your own oil? Then what the hell good are you?
Once again you are missing the point. I don't buy my Mexican grown tomatoes for 9/11. I don't buy my Ramon because I want to support my country. I buy my tomatoes and Ramon to be alive.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:26 PM   #17
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

If you believe that terrorists didn't fly planes into the world trade center 7 years ago, you're in their boat.

People still think we didn't land on the moon. People still think JFK was shot by two people. Hell, people still think Elvis is alive. You don't want to put your support in "people". So, don't. Show me your facts.

And how does buying a stupid flag support our country anyway? My point about patriotism is that it's completely subjective. Some people think going to Mt. Rushmore is patriotic. Really? Visiting some rock we stole from the Native Americans and carved our ugly mugs into is patriotic? To me, that's the exact opposite of patriotic. And believing that you can express all of your patriotism with a small plastic flag is worse.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:29 PM   #18
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

sonic, are you mentally retarded or slow?
Old 09-12-2008, 11:31 PM   #19
x After Dawn x
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'm going to have to agree with Nyokou here.
Drink for forget you are retard and this bring you more retard.
Just take nicotine patch lol
x After Dawn x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:33 PM   #20
sonic-fast-fingers
FFR Player

Because I don't believe that terrorists were responsible for 9/11, I am a terrorist? Or "I am in their boat." How does that make sense at all?

And patriotism is subjective, but whoever purchased those flags from China intended them especially to show patriotism for America. They didn't say, "well let's buy some America flags from China for no reason at all!"

And believe me I don't think that Mt. Rushmore is patriotic. If you look at the post that started this thread I said, "America is built on a pile of lies and pillaging." I am talking about taking the lands from the Native Americans.

And to you Nyokou, a reply like that really isn't necessary. Especially when you don't take the time to capitalize your sentence and also when your reply was unrelated to the subject that is being discussed.

Last edited by sonic-fast-fingers; 09-12-2008 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: Nyokou...grammar