Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   [Concluded] drizzleRomanceGirl's FFR Team Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=130860)

Viisbyxa 07-12-2013 08:33 PM

Re: drizzleRomanceGirl's FFR Team Tournament

I guess I'll vote for Zak then :)

James May 07-12-2013 08:48 PM

so yeah, seth hasn't been on in 3 days. Jon, poke him to come back from the dead

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-12-2013 09:39 PM

Zakvvv666 is the official team captain of team 2 of Intermediate! :)

Shiki. 07-12-2013 09:42 PM

sent in order, and team name.

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-12-2013 09:46 PM

Remember team captains, DO NOT post the order of who plays in this thread; PM me the order instead, (although you might want to wait until I post the hints of what patterns will appear for each round's song).

HalfStep 07-12-2013 09:47 PM

Why would you send in order without knowing song info o_O

Soldat_of_life 07-12-2013 09:54 PM

I vote for loop123456 because of the appearance of organization and his PM saying that he'd like to have everyone on skype to coordinate things. I don't know any of the people I am with ^^

Shiki. 07-12-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfStep (Post 3938040)
Why would you send in order without knowing song info o_O

Because I know the difficulty range of each ><

HikamitheSoulReaper 07-12-2013 09:58 PM

oh snap it didnt even start and the block is hot!!!!!!!!! XD

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-12-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HikamitheSoulReaper (Post 3938049)
oh snap it didnt even start and the block is hot!!!!!!!!! XD

Your posts are so fun to read. ^.^

HikamitheSoulReaper 07-12-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 3938062)
Your posts are so fun to read. ^.^

hahahaha~!! thanks im just trying to keep things fun and cheery ;3

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-12-2013 10:27 PM

Untimely Friction, you haven't voted yet, so please vote. ^.^

Untimely Friction 07-12-2013 10:31 PM

Travman Team 5 I guess

Was reading through, no one's posted on my team yet, I hope I get to pick myself for every round... but Travs auto captain and not here cause Im the only one who voted oh noesssssss

James May 07-12-2013 11:31 PM

Driz, a question, when is it exactly the deadline to submit a vote for team captain? And is there a certain limit to when a teammate does not submit before getting kicked out of the tourney?

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-12-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 3938116)
Driz, a question, when is it exactly the deadline to submit a vote for team captain? And is there a certain limit to when a teammate does not submit before getting kicked out of the tourney?

I'm not really sure; I'd like everyone to vote, but if there are still people who haven't voted in two-three days, I may just assign the team captains by whoever got the most voted from the people who did vote on a particular team. If a teammate does not sumbit for his or her round, and does not say anything about not being able to make it, he or she will be kicked from the tournament. >.< It's not that difficult to make time for three days within a fifteen day timeframe IMO.

Jonlovesddr 07-13-2013 12:00 AM

I talk to Seth every day on Skype and he hasn't even been on that for three days

Zakvvv666 07-13-2013 01:48 AM

I'm doubtful it'll be allowed, but I want to name my team "Team ******luck"

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-13-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 (Post 3938169)
I'm doubtful it'll be allowed, but I want to name my team "Team ******luck"

It's not cursing or sexually-related, so it's allowed...

hcmushroom 07-13-2013 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 3938170)
It's not cursing or sexually-related, so it's allowed...

are you kidding me? whether you consider it a curse or not, it's a slur. consider if someone suggested a name with a racial slur. c'mon guys, there are so many words out there you really don't need to make inappropriate team titles.

Shiki. 07-13-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcmushroom (Post 3938189)
are you kidding me? whether you consider it a curse or not, it's a slur. consider if someone suggested a name with a racial slur. c'mon guys, there are so many words out there you really don't need to make inappropriate team titles.

Very much this. it is a hateful word targeted at a sexual preference.

Should be force named to Bigotluck

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-13-2013 02:37 AM

I don't like it either, but I've already said that anything not related to those two things are allowed. I would appreciate it if Zak changed his team name, but he doesn't have to.

Shiki. 07-13-2013 02:42 AM

that depends on your definition. Sexuality could be perceived as sexual.

A slur towards sexuality could also be grouped with that. It's your call. If you feel something is inappropriate it's your duty to stand up about it. If you missed something in your rules, just fix it. It isnt a big deal to amend the rules because you missed something.

FontSize72LOL 07-13-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

If you knew Zak, you wouldn't take it seriously lol. I don't mind it and its not like anyone uses that word against homosexuals these days.

hcmushroom 07-13-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 3938192)
I don't like it either, but I've already said that anything not related to those two things are allowed. I would appreciate it if Zak changed his team name, but he doesn't have to.

Additionally, you can make an argument it IS a sexually related term, and a crude one at that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FontSize72LOL (Post 3938195)
If you knew Zak, you wouldn't take it seriously lol. I don't mind it and its not like anyone uses that word against homosexuals these days.

I find this very much untrue, but maybe it's just where you live.

Shiki. 07-13-2013 02:45 AM

So hypothetically, since it isnt a curse or sexual, someone could name their team

Team Nigerian TV Thieves.

Point being, that is racist as hell and not against the rules.

I personally don't really care. It's just a team name. Tsundere is going to destroy ******luck regardless. I just think there are more fun and creative names to choose from.

FontSize72LOL 07-13-2013 02:49 AM

I can make the argument that "Sexually related" is very relative to the person. There are all kinds of people with all kinds of sexual deviancy's and fetishes. The most non-sexual thing can be sexual to someone.

Zakvvv666 07-13-2013 02:50 AM

Well, I personally don't see why it should be that big of a deal since honestly the use of the word these days usually isn't even towards homosexuals but I guess I'll think of a new team name since everyone is so against me using it.

bmah 07-13-2013 02:52 AM

Just popping in to say that all team names are still bound to forum rules, and that includes terminology used in a deliberately derogatory fashion for kicks.

So if someone happened to name a team "Team Nigerian TV Thieves" for example, don't expect that to end well! Err on the side of caution.

You're pushing it with "****** luck" but I'm not going to put a vicegrip on you for that. I really recommend changing it however.

edit: Actually, gonna make that a request. It really isn't tasteful at all.

Shiki. 07-13-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 (Post 3938199)
Well, I personally don't see why it should be that big of a deal since honestly the use of the word these days usually isn't even towards homosexuals but I guess I'll think of a new team name since everyone is so against me using it.

You're smart~ Be creative :)

Also at OP. following your rules something like, We Abuse Children

Would be a legit name ^_^ You should just at in the line "At my discretion"

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3938200)
Just popping in to say that all team names are still bound to forum rules, and that includes terminology used in a deliberately derogatory fashion for kicks.

So if someone happened to name a team "Team Nigerian TV Thieves" for example, don't expect that to end well! Err on the side of caution.

You're pushing it with "****** luck" but I'm not going to put a vicegrip on you for that. I really recommend changing it however.

yeah I get that. was just making a point that it would abide by this tourney rules :P

bmah 07-13-2013 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiki. (Post 3938201)
We Abuse Children

Not tasteful either but this one isn't going to ring alarm bells. That's a fair example.

Shiki. 07-13-2013 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3938203)
Not tasteful either but this one isn't going to ring alarm bells. That's a fair example.

yup ^_^

Hence my name Tsundere :)

*HUGS BMAH*

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-13-2013 03:37 AM

Okay, I'm going to take Shiki.'s suggestion and not allow any phrases I think are inappropriate to my discretion. Also, like bmah said, your team name is not allowed Zak, and you will have to choose another team name. Try to think of something else that's your cup of tea (something that will suit your preferences). :)

_Fluttershy_ 07-13-2013 04:08 AM

I'm not all that bothered about captains so yeah Travman's my pick.

Shiki. 07-13-2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 3938206)
Okay, I'm going to take Shiki.'s suggestion and not allow any phrases I think are inappropriate to my discretion. Also, like bmah said, your team name is not allowed Zak, and you will have to choose another team name. Try to think of something else that's your cup of tea (something that will suit your preferences). :)

I'm glad I could help ^_^

I'm so bad :(

James May 07-13-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Umm...you obviously don't know of the term then...its not referencing to the homosexuals, its referencing to literally how much luck a certain file need to score well on (ie: RWOB, P4U v2 (god that bg), HELLBEAT, any framer-fucked file, RAN, etc.)

Shiki. 07-13-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 3938225)
Umm...you obviously don't know of the term then...its not referencing to the homosexuals, its referencing to literally how much luck a certain file need to score well on (ie: RWOB, P4U v2 (god that bg), HELLBEAT, any framer-fucked file, RAN, etc.)

Basically that would be like me

Let's name our team Child Rape

and be like yo, I'm talking about young Plants.

The context doesn't change how the word can be used and in a public setting like this it's too open to interpretation.

James May 07-13-2013 09:04 AM

so yeah
[1:57:06 AM] Vince: just found a random sethcoleman post
[1:57:08 AM] Vince: SethColeman writes at 1:50:54pm on 7/9/13
Can't play brawl for a month. Out of town.
[1:57:11 AM] Vince: gg midi

Is there anything that you can do driz? Forget about the brawl part lmao but the month & out of town part

top 07-13-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiki. (Post 3938227)
Basically that would be like me

Let's name our team Child Rape

and be like yo, I'm talking about young Plants.

The context doesn't change how the word can be used and in a public setting like this it's too open to interpretation.

you're taking this too far. they explained what they were trying to convey, if you take it the wrong way then that's YOUR problem. you should just accept the fact that nobody was trying to be offensive and you're wrong about it. go away damn

~Zeta~ 07-13-2013 09:43 AM

How about we just do away with team names lmao.

TC_Halogen 07-13-2013 09:43 AM

I'm terrible with team names. Raged, LightArrow, Op, Fallen -- any ideas/suggestions for what you might want?

EDIT: Mikey's idea is fantastic -- let's just do away with them altogether lol

RagedBerserker 07-13-2013 09:51 AM

Team Ca$hw0lf Cr4zy Cr4wf1$h

Shiki. 07-13-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by top (Post 3938242)
you're taking this too far. they explained what they were trying to convey, if you take it the wrong way then that's YOUR problem. you should just accept the fact that nobody was trying to be offensive and you're wrong about it. go away damn

Cool story, OP agree's with me, and changed things as suched

There is no need to continue on about it though. The name thing was dealt with.

HikamitheSoulReaper 07-13-2013 12:39 PM

wow i missed alot....damn...team names and crap...you guys look like your playing super smash bros. brawl~!! XD

Dynam0 07-13-2013 01:25 PM

Sorry guys, I've been away for the past 3 days. I nominate Elite Ninja as team captain :)

Jonlovesddr 07-13-2013 01:31 PM

seth wont even text me wtf

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-13-2013 01:49 PM

Aww, I thought team names would be a lot of fun! D: Just be creative. :)

Also, about SethColeman, I'm going to give him a few more days to respond, but if he still hasn't voted or said anything about the tournament, he will probably be disqualified and kicked out of the tournament.

James May 07-13-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 3938308)
Also, about SethColeman, I'm going to give him a few more days to respond, but if he still hasn't voted or said anything about the tournament, he will probably be disqualified and kicked out of the tournament.

Thank you.

j-rodd123 07-13-2013 03:08 PM

any of them can be team captain, but i see they voted for elite ninja so i'll agree with that :P

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-13-2013 03:25 PM

Elite Ninja is the official team captain for team 1 of the Advanced division! :)

Yay, all the team captains for the advanced division have been decided! ^.^

Jonlovesddr 07-13-2013 03:51 PM

i was looking forward to playing with seth :(((
what's our team name anyway i dont even know

James May 07-13-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonlovesddr (Post 3938348)
i was looking forward to playing with seth :(((
what's our team name anyway i dont even know

If I'm Captain it would be the Baka Rangers. Not sure what Doug would name if he is captain, and you'll probably name it Streaming Latinos

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-13-2013 05:03 PM

I've decided if some people forget about the tournament and don't vote within a few days and/or don't submit for a round and don't notify me about it, I will let the people who tried to join but who were too late for sign-ups join. ^.^

Jonlovesddr 07-13-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 3938362)
If I'm Captain it would be the Baka Rangers. Not sure what Doug would name if he is captain, and you'll probably name it Streaming Latinos

i won't name it anything latino related unless you guys want it too

Doug31 07-13-2013 05:16 PM

We should name it The Worst Team since now that we don't have Pretentious, we really don't have any of the best players in the division.

Jonlovesddr 07-13-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug31 (Post 3938385)
We should name it The Worst Team since now that we don't have Pretentious, we really don't have any of the best players in the division.

i can do that for you

shenjoku 07-13-2013 05:23 PM

Damn, I need to check this forum more. Sucks that I missed this :(

James May 07-13-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug31 (Post 3938385)

wait, we had pretentious ._.?

top 07-13-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 3938377)
I've decided if some people forget about the tournament and don't vote within a few days and/or don't submit for a round and don't notify me about it, I will let the people who tried to join but who were too late for sign-ups join. ^.^

omgomgomgomg yesssssss

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-13-2013 05:56 PM

SethColeman PMd me that he's dropping out, so I'm adding someone (I'm not sure who yet) to that team to make up for it! ^.^

*edit* I'm going to add XelNya to the team that SethColeman dropped out of! :) (Sorry Yulanik, shenjoku, and top, but XelNya PMd me he would like to join the tournament first.)

James May 07-13-2013 05:59 PM

top join us :3

top 07-13-2013 06:02 PM

if any other slots open up, i'd like to join. i'll just be on standby :)

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-13-2013 06:07 PM

XelNya, assuming he'd still like to join, will be placed into Intermediate division, and placed into James May, Jonlovesddr, and Doug31's team. ^.^

Quote:

Originally Posted by top (Post 3938406)
if any other slots open up, i'd like to join. i'll just be on standby :)

Okay! Thank you for waiting just in case! :)

Also, I have decided all of the spon cons for the first cycle. :D

HalfStep 07-13-2013 06:16 PM

Xelnyaaaaaaaa !

Doug31 07-13-2013 06:29 PM

Sweet, with XelNya, with might stand a chance. Well then, I hope our team name has something to do with Smash Bros. or Vocaloid but I don't really have any ideas.

HalfStep 07-13-2013 06:37 PM

Miku confirmed for Smash WiiU

James May 07-13-2013 06:44 PM

The Baka Rangers

Jonlovesddr 07-13-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 3938427)
The Baka Rangers

i want our team name to be Billy Mays
please james it'll be awesome

Doug31 07-13-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfStep (Post 3938425)
Miku confirmed for Smash WiiU

Hehe, I wish. A lot of the Japanese really want her but I still really don't think she has much chance. She's not in enough Nintendo games.

ryuyasha 07-14-2013 12:00 AM

Oh, I forgot she got a DS game. Maybe it could happen.

HalfStep 07-14-2013 01:33 AM

Don't do it Zak

Zakvvv666 07-14-2013 01:33 AM

Thought of a team name

Team Sonic 06

Copyright HalfStep 2013 do not steal

ssbmchamp 07-14-2013 08:19 AM

untimely friction for captain

James May 07-14-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonlovesddr (Post 3938488)
i want our team name to be Billy Mays
please james it'll be awesome

no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 (Post 3938658)
Thought of a team name

Team Sonic 06

Copyright HalfStep 2013 do not steal

A+

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-14-2013 12:01 PM

James May is officially the team captain for team 4 of the Intermediate division! :) Don't forget to post your team name!

*edit* James May is the team captain because XelNya PM'd me his vote was for James May. ^.^

James May 07-14-2013 12:37 PM

oh...
in that case: The Baka Rangers
for anyone who watches or reads Mahou no Sensei Negima will get the reference

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-14-2013 07:43 PM

If all the votes aren't submitted by the 16th, I'm kicking the people who didn't submit votes and posting the hints for the songs in the first cycle so all the team captains will PM me the order of their teams. >.<

ryuyasha 07-14-2013 08:19 PM

Woo~ Hype!

HalfStep 07-14-2013 08:20 PM

Get your shit together D1 ;_;

ryuyasha 07-14-2013 08:33 PM

IKR! I hope our other teammate shows back up. His joining post seemed really noncommittal. >_<

HalfStep 07-14-2013 08:34 PM

Have you tried getting in contact at all? PMs and whatnot.