Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Monstercat Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152220)

XJ-9 09-30-2020 10:15 AM

Re: Monstercat Tournament

It looks like 1st and 2nd in D5 have been guaranteed! It's a battle for 3rd now between T-Force and feelingzwontfade. Huge props to both of them for placing towards the top while being within the D5 level range. A good amount of participants got into the D6 range before the end.

Also secretly hoping Charmoeleon changes his mind and gives participation credits to the ghosts that submitted for every round. :p

Charmoeleon 09-30-2020 03:06 PM

Scores are updated once more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ-9 (Post 4744071)
On the topic of the unplanned round extension:
In all fairness, whether or not the participant can correctly interpret a 12-hour clock is entirely on said participant being able to do that correctly. Not to say that anyone disagrees or finds that unfair here, but more importantly waiting until the end of a seven day round to post an initial score is just an unnecessary risk regardless of the exact time the round ends. I can't really find a good excuse for doing that, barring personal emergencies.

I'm kind of on the fence about allowing late scores with a point deduction when the rounds are a week long since punctuality is a big part of competition. I can see it as being more practical with shorter rounds since you don't have as much time to bounce back if something comes up in your life. If you can't post a score within a week's time, it sounds like it's not a good idea to sign up for the tournament to begin with.

This was my exact reasoning when I decided to make the rounds a week long with no late scores. Participants have an entire week to post a score, and it's not like they're only allowed to send in one score only. You can update your score as many times as needed, whenever you want. And it's not like the scores are hidden from anyone else, everyone can see them, so it's not even a thing about "getting sniped" because of posting an early score. As you said, waiting until the last minute to submit is an unnecessary self-imposed risk on the participant's side, since the rules are clearly defined from the start.
Quote:

Originally Posted by danredge (Post 4744158)
Hey kind of proud of my SDG n_n

Nice one! :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by comedylover111 (Post 4744174)
RIP, I was about to post my score for round 5? Is it too late or can I still submit?

If you had submitted the score along with this post, I would have accepted it, as the round was not over at that time. I simply posted the new round info slightly early out of necessity on my end. However, seeing as the round has been over for a while now, and following the precedent I've set for myself in the rest of the tournament, I can't accept a Round 5 score now. I apologize for the confusion, and the loss of participation credits.
Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ-9 (Post 4744205)
Also secretly hoping Charmoeleon changes his mind and gives participation credits to the ghosts that submitted for every round. :p

That probably still won't change, sorry to say. ^^;
But hey, looks like you technically won D5, so good job on that! :P

Kitty11296 09-30-2020 04:01 PM

OliverJ_28 09-30-2020 04:21 PM

im honestly really proud of this score since rolls are by far my worst pattern to acc so the fact i one hooded the long rolls makes me happy. honestly this is a good end to a bumpy tournament for me

OliverJ_28 09-30-2020 04:23 PM

thank you Charmoeleon for organising this tournament and it made me learn how to grind for better accuracy on scores and improved my accuracy over all. Thank you!!!

Ecoli 09-30-2020 04:49 PM

Logman6656 09-30-2020 05:38 PM

Bach96 09-30-2020 05:46 PM

CordingWater6 09-30-2020 06:07 PM

6 rounds

6 Full Combos

An absolute pleasure in taking part. Thanks for letting me take part in my first FFR tournament.

Ipu Maipants 09-30-2020 06:48 PM

I enjoyed playing this file, Awesome Tournament Charmoeleon! Amazing job by everyone!

feelingzwontfade 09-30-2020 09:37 PM

I love that D5 got to end on this 🥰. May improve it, as this was only my 3rd full playthrough (all those restarts are lag, which unfortunately is a huge problem for me). Great job everyone! This tournament definitely helped me de-rust quite a bit and I had fun 🤗

Bolth mannn 10-1-2020 12:34 AM

HBar 10-1-2020 02:17 AM

T-Force 10-1-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CordingWater6 (Post 4744236)

6 rounds

6 Full Combos

An absolute pleasure in taking part. Thanks for letting me take part in my first FFR tournament.

Fixed for you. There's an IMG tag copy/paste link under your photos to use (it contains the URL of the proper image file, and not just the webpage which is what happened here).

Link251 10-1-2020 11:26 PM

It was fun playing even tho i didn't do great. I still had a great time!

popo55 10-2-2020 08:03 AM

csoup1414 10-2-2020 09:59 AM

Janko2000 10-2-2020 10:14 AM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Round 6 - Disconnected [Pegboard Nerds]
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gf4QvSAag3886MDy8
SCORE UPDATE 1
0 => 54365
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

euphoriakisses 10-2-2020 12:30 PM

Placeholder. I'm sure I can improve this.

Charmoeleon 10-2-2020 11:10 PM

Scores have been updated to here. Thanks for all the messages about the tournament, I'm glad I could host it for you all! I do have some thoughts to share about it overall, but I'll hold off until the tournament is officially over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by feelingzwontfade (Post 4744253)
I love that D5 got to end on this 🥰

Glad you like it. :P
When I saw that that was a possibility for the last song in the highest division, I was like, "Yeah, I kinda have to do that, right?" Just too good of an opportunity to pass up.