A random poem I made up for my english class.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 25thhour
    I like max
    • Feb 2007
    • 2922

    #16
    Re: A random poem I made up for my english class.

    Originally posted by sakura080789
    i really like this alot better than the stuff i have wrote
    Thanks
    r bae adam bae max bae bridget bae claudia bae trevor bae adam2 bae mayo bae keith bae

    Comment

    • rushyrulz
      Digital Dancing!
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Feb 2006
      • 12985

      #17
      Re: A random poem I made up for my english class.

      Winter is here,
      the weather is clear,
      the air, so crisp and cold.

      Mountains are covered,
      trees are smothered,
      like they’re being dressed in gold.

      Hitting the slopes,
      I know how to cope.
      It makes me so consoled.

      Flying down the hill,
      showing off my skill.
      Making me feel so bold.

      I know that noon,
      will come quite soon
      and I will be withhold.

      But my board is waxed.
      I'm already to go,
      escape to my freedom once more.
      I made a few changes:

      Winter is here,
      the weather is clear,
      the air, so crisp and cold.

      The mountains are covered,
      The trees are all smothered,
      Like being dressed in gold. <- this line makes no sense since snow is white?
      Nature's true beauty be told. *replacement suggestion

      Hitting the slopes,
      I know how to cope.
      It makes me feel consoled.

      Flying down the hill,
      showing off my skill.
      Making me feel so bold. <- This stanza kinda breaks the flow, but it's alright I guess.

      NOTE: 2 stanzas in a row ending in something along the lines of "it makes me feel" is a no-no. Perhaps end the first one in "All my grief consoled"

      *Flying down hills
      Showing my skills
      It makes me feel so bold.* Replacement suggestion

      I know that noon,
      will come quite soon
      and I will be withheld. <- Slant rhyme to correct the grammartastrophe
      OR: My fun to be put on hold.

      But my board is waxed.
      I'm all ready to go,
      To escape to my freedom once more. <- escape to my freedom seems like an odd phrase

      Escape into freedom
      Escape to my yearning
      Escape to my passion
      Escape to the mountain <- my favorite
      Escape to the hillside
      Escape to my longing
      etc.

      EDIT: totally just realized that the last line breaks the rhyme scheme. Maybe something like "As my journey begins to unfold."
      Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-3-2011, 10:39 PM.


      Comment

      • rushyrulz
        Digital Dancing!
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Feb 2006
        • 12985

        #18
        Re: A random poem I made up for my english class.

        Double post for the sake of organization:

        My revised edition:

        Winter is here,
        the weather is clear,
        the air, so crisp and cold.

        The mountains are covered,
        The trees are all smothered,
        Nature's true beauty be told.

        Hitting the slopes,
        I know how to cope.
        All my grief consoled.

        Flying down hills
        Showing my skills
        It makes me feel so bold.

        I know that noon,
        will come quite soon
        My fun to be put on hold.

        But my board is waxed.
        I'm all ready to go,
        As my journey begins to unfold.
        Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-3-2011, 10:38 PM.


        Comment

        Working...