"Angel" My first love poem

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ~kitty~
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2007
    • 988

    #16
    Re: "Angel" My first love poem

    Originally posted by UnkownMan
    I thought it was a good peice
    So calmly written to.
    I've read a lot of poems
    But I've only liked a few.
    You seem to be getting good at it.
    So, I'll leave you with only this.
    Keep on writing neat like this
    And people wont think you're...

    Yeah, I think you've got it.

    Are you responding to me or the OP?

    Comment

    • lord_carbo
      FFR Player
      • Dec 2004
      • 6222

      #17
      Re: "Angel" My first love poem

      Originally posted by UnkownMan
      BTW: Why'd you edit that post, mead?
      for many reasons, e.g. he described the girl OP is trying to woo as OP's "cum dumpster."
      last.fm

      Comment

      • mead1
        Cerebellumberjack
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2003
        • 3960

        #18
        Re: "Angel" My first love poem

        Nah, the final version of it only described her as a "perspective dick-wetter" I believe

        Comment

        • Midnighter
          FFR Player
          • May 2009
          • 49

          #19
          Re: "Angel" My first love poem

          Originally posted by lord_carbo
          You used "doth" amid your distinctly twenty first century English.

          Most of what you say is stupid and uninspired and doesn't invoke any sort of images or emotions in my head.

          "Dreaming of my Angel, [...] This radiant Angel of mine," -- Yeah we get it. She's your "angel."

          "She's always there for me, / Through the good times and the bad," -- There are some cliche lines in this poem but oh man this takes the cake.


          Poetry will not win you any chicks, bro.

          How is saying my poem is stupid and uninspired helpful. Yes its cliche. I've heard that for the upteenth time now. I say angel five time. Ok, thanks I actually agree i used angel too much. "If you'd listen to us then maybe you'd be a decent writer. Really, this is a bad poem. It's really really bad." Insulting me isn't helpful either. I'm not the best writer in the world i do it because i enjoy it. If your going to hate or just "give your opinion(bad one)" and not give helpful criticism, then don't I don't care for it.

          Comment

          • Midnighter
            FFR Player
            • May 2009
            • 49

            #20
            Re: "Angel" My first love poem

            Could you guys check out my other poem. "Today the day" its similar and the same rules apply when critiquing, Thanks

            Comment

            • mead1
              Cerebellumberjack
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2003
              • 3960

              #21
              Re: "Angel" My first love poem

              You use a ****ing emoticon in the poem.

              You use "walking on air".

              Eliminate both of these things and it will still be horrible, but not to the point that it's insulting the intelligence of the reader.

              edit: it appears you have fixed the emoticon. Good for you.

              Comment

              • lord_carbo
                FFR Player
                • Dec 2004
                • 6222

                #22
                Re: "Angel" My first love poem

                Originally posted by Midnighter
                How is saying my poem is stupid and uninspired helpful. Yes its cliche. I've heard that for the upteenth time now. I say angel five time. Ok, thanks I actually agree i used angel too much. "If you'd listen to us then maybe you'd be a decent writer. Really, this is a bad poem. It's really really bad." Insulting me isn't helpful either. I'm not the best writer in the world i do it because i enjoy it. If your going to hate or just "give your opinion(bad one)" and not give helpful criticism, then don't I don't care for it.
                The poem is littered with cliche phrases. there's really nothing else I can say about it. It's just bad. You need to be a bit more original; give us something a bit more inspired and not completely cliche.
                last.fm

                Comment

                • mead1
                  Cerebellumberjack
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2003
                  • 3960

                  #23
                  Re: "Angel" My first love poem

                  Originally posted by Midnighter
                  the same rules apply when critiquing, Thanks
                  It's not very often that I laugh at my computer screen.

                  Comment

                  • dore
                    caveman pornstar
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Feb 2006
                    • 6317

                    #24
                    Re: "Angel" My first love poem

                    hey at least you got two pages of replies, more than what most threads get in this forum
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

                    Comment

                    • MDMAngel
                      FFR Player
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 123

                      #25
                      Re: "Angel" My first love poem

                      Originally posted by dore
                      hey at least you got two pages of replies, more than what most threads get in this forum
                      It probably is because of the following:

                      A lot of the posts were from the same people.

                      There's this trend of trailing off largely from the poem to other posts.



                      Not saying that's necessarily wrong, but it does contribute to the excess of posts for a weak thread.
                      Sign here

                      Comment

                      • Froston
                        No Love Lost
                        • May 2006
                        • 154

                        #26
                        Re: "Angel" My first love poem

                        I think poems are generally pieced together to leak feelings that are unexplainable.
                        Everything you described was explainable and very simple. Your spotlight was your "Angel" and you used uncreative metaphors to spice up your simple minded thoughts.
                        Also, you might be implying your girl has bony shoulders thus wings could pop out at any moment. That's one less blow job mister.

                        Comment

                        • Midnighter
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2009
                          • 49

                          #27
                          Re: "Angel" My first love poem

                          whatever, if you don't like it too bad, it is what it is. For the helpful stuff thanks.
                          Last edited by Midnighter; 05-16-2009, 09:13 PM.

                          Comment

                          • mead1
                            Cerebellumberjack
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2003
                            • 3960

                            #28
                            Re: "Angel" My first love poem

                            you inspired me to write a love poem of my own

                            Comment

                            • MDMAngel
                              FFR Player
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 123

                              #29
                              Re: "Angel" My first love poem

                              Emotional crap.
                              Horrible drivel excuse
                              you complain about.
                              Sign here

                              Comment

                              • Midnighter
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2009
                                • 49

                                #30
                                Re: "Angel" My first love poem

                                I'm glad it was inspiring... if nothing else.

                                Comment

                                Working...