a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 1mpuls3
    Impulsive By Nature
    • Jul 2007
    • 340

    #31
    Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

    I don't like it at all. Writing something in 15 minutes will be bad anyway. The first draft of anything is always crap. Even if you fixed it up I don't think I would like it. It seems as if you wrote it because you had to write it and not because you wanted to.
    Last edited by 1mpuls3; 04-1-2009, 07:48 PM.


    Comment

    • kitkat9
      FFR Player
      • Feb 2009
      • 87

      #32
      Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

      I did write it because i had to write it, but the whole idea was something that I did want to write about. So in a way it's 50/50

      Comment

      • 1mpuls3
        Impulsive By Nature
        • Jul 2007
        • 340

        #33
        Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

        Originally posted by kitkat9
        I did write it because i had to write it, but the whole idea was something that I did want to write about. So in a way it's 50/50
        Still the best work I have ever written was because at one in the morning something sparked an interest in me to write about something. The fact is I didn't have to write it at all. Yes some works are good that was I was forced to write because of school and what not, but they don't have as much feeling and intensity as an on the spot completely random writing mood. I only get that mood about once every two months.


        Comment

        • kitkat9
          FFR Player
          • Feb 2009
          • 87

          #34
          Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

          Yes, I fully understand your reasoning, I have certain ideas that pop into my head, and they have turned out good. This is just something that I was forced to write, that I personally liked. I do appreciate what you have said though. =)

          Comment

          • f2ppure
            FFR Player
            • Feb 2009
            • 82

            #35
            Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

            absolutely impressive, especially for writting in 15 minutes. only bad part is "A ear", unless that was your intent


            Playing style: original keys; one hand (three fingers); 1.25 speed

            imob and ivampire add meh 155-111-173

            Shoulda Coulda Woulda Didnt

            Comment

            • kitkat9
              FFR Player
              • Feb 2009
              • 87

              #36
              Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

              Originally posted by f2ppure
              absolutely impressive, especially for writting in 15 minutes. only bad part is "A ear", unless that was your intent
              Actually it was an accident, as were my other punctuation and spelling errors. I posted this on a cell phone, the G1, and it is very hard to do editing with that thing.

              Comment

              • f2ppure
                FFR Player
                • Feb 2009
                • 82

                #37
                Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

                Originally posted by kitkat9
                Actually it was an accident, as were my other punctuation and spelling errors. I posted this on a cell phone, the G1, and it is very hard to do editing with that thing.
                oh ok lol . well that's amazing you had only one mistake , one, for having only 15 minutes, and two, for doing it on a cell phone .


                Playing style: original keys; one hand (three fingers); 1.25 speed

                imob and ivampire add meh 155-111-173

                Shoulda Coulda Woulda Didnt

                Comment

                • kitkat9
                  FFR Player
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 87

                  #38
                  Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

                  Originally posted by f2ppure
                  oh ok lol . well that's amazing you had only one mistake , one, for having only 15 minutes, and two, for doing it on a cell phone .
                  Haha.

                  Comment

                  • mead1
                    Cerebellumberjack
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2003
                    • 3960

                    #39
                    Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

                    Rule of thumb for lit. forum: If you have nothing negative to say, say nothing at all. Dick sucking doesn't help anyone become a better author.

                    Comment

                    • kitkat9
                      FFR Player
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 87

                      #40
                      Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

                      Hmm...That really is'nt very nice. And it shouldn't matter to you whether he was complimenting my work or not. If you would like to say something about my writing please say it and leave the poor man alone.

                      Comment

                      • All_That_Chaz
                        Supreme Dictator For Life
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 5874

                        #41
                        Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

                        Originally posted by mead1
                        Rule of thumb for lit. forum: If you have nothing negative to say, say nothing at all. Dick sucking doesn't help anyone become a better author.
                        Originally posted by kitkat9
                        Hmm...That really is'nt very nice. And it shouldn't matter to you whether he was complimenting my work or not. If you would like to say something about my writing please say it and leave the poor man alone.
                        No, mead's right. Posts in the lit forum should be pointed at making the original poster grow as a writer. It's fine if you like it, but if you're going to post that you like it, say what about it you liked. Go into detail about why you liked it. But really before the end of any post you should write something that helps the author improve his or her writing. Nothing is too good that you can't nitpick it. Except maybe War and Peace, but Tolstoy hasn't posted here in forever.
                        Back to "Back to Earth"
                        Originally posted by FoJaR
                        dammit chaz
                        Originally posted by FoJaR
                        god dammit chaz
                        Originally posted by MalReynolds
                        I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

                        Comment

                        Working...