a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kitkat9
    FFR Player
    • Feb 2009
    • 87

    #16
    Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

    Whoa...
    Personally I really liked both your views, it is all rather interesting since I do a lot of editorial writing for my schools paper. I hope that you wouldn't mind if I used it as a topic in a column or editorial.
    And the thing about the writing schools, I side with Chaz I'm really getting into it, because well i can gain a more complete understanding, but not to completely demolish my own personal style in writing. Plus the school opens doors for college, you can't say that it would look bad on a resume to say that you got accepeted to a high school pertaining to skills and arts.
    I'm sorry if this thread caused an arguement, that was never really my intent. I am just pleased to see that there are intellectuals on this site that can give a good critique, and have good reasoning behind what they have to say.
    I am hoping to post other pieces and maybe I shall recieve somewhat of the same reaction (just on a more positive level I hope).

    Comment

    • All_That_Chaz
      Supreme Dictator For Life
      • Apr 2004
      • 5874

      #17
      Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

      Well of course you can use the topic for an editorial, but depending on your readership, the argument might get a little more heated than you'd like. Oh and it's not your fault the argument started. Don't worry about it.

      And your future writings are welcome here. Keep writing.
      Back to "Back to Earth"
      Originally posted by FoJaR
      dammit chaz
      Originally posted by FoJaR
      god dammit chaz
      Originally posted by MalReynolds
      I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

      Comment

      • Verruckter
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2004
        • 2707

        #18
        Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

        Yes, do write some more ! Hopefully it can take a bigger place in your life (we'd all wish that :P)
        Truth lies in loneliness, When hope is long gone by -Blind Guardian, The Soulforged
        Image removed for size violation.

        Comment

        • kitkat9
          FFR Player
          • Feb 2009
          • 87

          #19
          Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

          lol for sure...
          And Chaz i love the arguements that start up lots of talk...lol

          Comment

          • Phobia87
            FFR Player
            • Jul 2007
            • 16

            #20
            Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

            There are many errors that should be fixed, which Chaz has already pointed most of that out, so I won't cover that.

            I can see where you were going with this and I would like it more if it was put together a little better. The first time I read it, I couldn't really get the feeling of it because of the lack of flow, errors, etc. After reading it again, I can see some structure and it made a little more sense. I think if you could get a better flow by rewording and structuring your lines, it would be alot easier for the readers to understand.

            I think you did well expressing embarrassment, and with some revising, it could be much better overall. I like the idea the subject is interesting to me, so I hope to see it again if you do a little work to it. ^^

            Comment

            • kitkat9
              FFR Player
              • Feb 2009
              • 87

              #21
              Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

              thanks Phobia...
              Thats the best that I have heard so far. And i do plan on fixing it, I just need to find the time to do it all =)

              Comment

              • Erothyme
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2008
                • 2033

                #22
                Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

                That took you 15 minutes?


                - - - - - -

                Comment

                • kitkat9
                  FFR Player
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 87

                  #23
                  Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

                  Yeah it took me 15 minutes...thats all the time they gave me to write....

                  Comment

                  • XxdragonhunterxX
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 24

                    #24
                    Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

                    honestly, its not that bad. lets see some of you people post poems, watch the critisicm you get.
                    so next time your gonna say bad things about something, why dont you try it for yourself first, or you can just stfu
                    the king of awesomeness has arrived, join the party

                    Comment

                    • All_That_Chaz
                      Supreme Dictator For Life
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 5874

                      #25
                      Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

                      Originally posted by XxdragonhunterxX
                      honestly, its not that bad. lets see some of you people post poems, watch the critisicm you get.
                      so next time your gonna say bad things about something, why dont you try it for yourself first, or you can just stfu
                      When you post in the literature forum, it's understood that there will be criticism. Constructive criticism is the best thing that can come out of this forum for growing writers.

                      And as long as you bring it up, I think everyone who gave less than amorous criticism do write, and write fairly well. Perhaps you should have looked through the forum for their works before calling them out on their ability next time. Hell I have links to my stuff in my signature.
                      Back to "Back to Earth"
                      Originally posted by FoJaR
                      dammit chaz
                      Originally posted by FoJaR
                      god dammit chaz
                      Originally posted by MalReynolds
                      I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

                      Comment

                      • kitkat9
                        FFR Player
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 87

                        #26
                        Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

                        I think that I might as well just stay out of this...

                        Comment

                        • All_That_Chaz
                          Supreme Dictator For Life
                          • Apr 2004
                          • 5874

                          #27
                          Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

                          Originally posted by kitkat9
                          I think that I might as well just stay out of this...
                          We don't want to alienate any writers. All of our criticism is constructive even if a few of us don't seem as nice about it as we ought to.
                          Back to "Back to Earth"
                          Originally posted by FoJaR
                          dammit chaz
                          Originally posted by FoJaR
                          god dammit chaz
                          Originally posted by MalReynolds
                          I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

                          Comment

                          • kitkat9
                            FFR Player
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 87

                            #28
                            Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

                            So far from what I have seen you are the nicest one to reply that actually has a good point.

                            Comment

                            • robertsona
                              missa in h-moll
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 4000

                              #29
                              Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

                              Sometimes people might not come off as "nice" as you want them to, but sometimes those people are the most helpful of all.

                              Comment

                              • kitkat9
                                FFR Player
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 87

                                #30
                                Re: a poem i wrote in 15 mins for an interview

                                I personally dont believe it is helpful to say something like,
                                This poem sucks, or You are going to be cut from the literature forum.

                                All that tells me is that the poem I posted wasn't good, it doesn't tell my why or what their reasoning was. I know what you are saying, but surely some people could at least critique it with some form of structure and not simply criticize it for the purpose of knocking someone down.

                                Comment

                                Working...