FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rzr
    TWG Veteran
    • Oct 2007
    • 7608

    #46
    Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

    The Literary Contest will start in a week, regardless of the amount of participants. I will negotiate times with other judges shortly.

    Originally posted by darkshark
    Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
    Originally posted by aperson
    i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

    Originally posted by Sprite-
    More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
    yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

    i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

    Comment

    • MooMoo_Cowfreak
      Abraxas Hydroplane
      • May 2006
      • 1746

      #47
      Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

      Originally posted by rzr
      The Literary Contest will start in a week, regardless of the amount of participants. I will negotiate times with other judges shortly.
      Just make sure it starts on a weekend for us day writers.
      Originally posted by hi19hi19
      dumps abstractly represent the song with arrows

      post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis

      Comment

      • robertsona
        missa in h-moll
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2006
        • 4000

        #48
        Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

        MAYBE in for week

        Comment

        • rzr
          TWG Veteran
          • Oct 2007
          • 7608

          #49
          Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

          Well, if I start next Tuesday DGZ can join.

          Originally posted by darkshark
          Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
          Originally posted by aperson
          i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

          Originally posted by Sprite-
          More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
          Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
          yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

          i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

          Comment

          • All_That_Chaz
            Supreme Dictator For Life
            • Apr 2004
            • 5874

            #50
            Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

            Get a respectable panel before doing something like this. Wow.
            Back to "Back to Earth"
            Originally posted by FoJaR
            dammit chaz
            Originally posted by FoJaR
            god dammit chaz
            Originally posted by MalReynolds
            I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

            Comment

            • rzr
              TWG Veteran
              • Oct 2007
              • 7608

              #51
              Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

              We have one. Are you mad I didn't invite you? Would you like to join?

              Originally posted by darkshark
              Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
              Originally posted by aperson
              i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

              Originally posted by Sprite-
              More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
              yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

              i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

              Comment

              • All_That_Chaz
                Supreme Dictator For Life
                • Apr 2004
                • 5874

                #52
                Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

                I just want to know what makes any of you think that your opinions on other people's literature matter.

                When I ran my competition I didn't until I could at least get Mal to help out. And I won a national poetry competition and took college courses on it. And even so, I felt uncomfortable judging people's works.

                None of this is directed at Blackbuterfly. She's cool. And I don't want any of this to come across as flaming, because it isn't. It's just going to upset people when you have unqualified judges saying that one work is better than another.
                Last edited by All_That_Chaz; 11-3-2008, 07:23 PM.
                Back to "Back to Earth"
                Originally posted by FoJaR
                dammit chaz
                Originally posted by FoJaR
                god dammit chaz
                Originally posted by MalReynolds
                I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

                Comment

                • blackbuterfly451
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2005
                  • 107

                  #53
                  Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

                  Whoa whoa whoa. It's just supposed to be a friendly competition, guys.

                  Comment

                  • All_That_Chaz
                    Supreme Dictator For Life
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 5874

                    #54
                    Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

                    You don't get it. I don't expect anything I say to make you cancel this thing. And I'm not attempting to derail this little thread either. I'm not going to get into whatever problems I apparently have with you here, and I don't have any desire to get into it in any other place.

                    And I did not mention my literary accomplishments to toot my own horn.

                    So have your fun. I'm just again warning you that people are going to be upset when you pass your judgement.
                    Back to "Back to Earth"
                    Originally posted by FoJaR
                    dammit chaz
                    Originally posted by FoJaR
                    god dammit chaz
                    Originally posted by MalReynolds
                    I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

                    Comment

                    • rzr
                      TWG Veteran
                      • Oct 2007
                      • 7608

                      #55
                      Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

                      Obviously, they don't have to sign up, then.

                      Originally posted by darkshark
                      Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                      Originally posted by aperson
                      i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                      Originally posted by Sprite-
                      More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                      Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                      yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                      i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                      Comment

                      • kmay
                        Don't forget me
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 6534

                        #56
                        Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

                        what kind of story would this have to be? i might sign up. depends on when it starts. i didnt see a starting date.

                        Comment

                        • rzr
                          TWG Veteran
                          • Oct 2007
                          • 7608

                          #57
                          Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

                          Next week we begin, and anything you want.

                          Originally posted by darkshark
                          Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                          Originally posted by aperson
                          i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                          Originally posted by Sprite-
                          More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                          Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                          yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                          i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                          Comment

                          • kmay
                            Don't forget me
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 6534

                            #58
                            Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

                            ill see how this plays out... i need credits 1 day thing. can you tell me what day exactly.

                            Comment

                            • mead1
                              Cerebellumberjack
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2003
                              • 3960

                              #59
                              Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

                              ok in for both

                              lets ****ing roll

                              Comment

                              • rzr
                                TWG Veteran
                                • Oct 2007
                                • 7608

                                #60
                                Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

                                Next Tuesday. ;]

                                Originally posted by darkshark
                                Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                                Originally posted by aperson
                                i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                                Originally posted by Sprite-
                                More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                                yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                                i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                                Comment

                                Working...