FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bynary Fission
    Retired One-Hander
    • Jan 2008
    • 2437

    #31
    Re: FFR's First Literary Contest

    Precisely why I'm asking who will take his place. I know foil was requested, but he declined for whatever his reason(s) may have been. I'm not aware of any other potential candidates, but I trust rzr would find a good candidate.

    If he's wanting to sign up for both competitions like he was hinting at, I'm getting the idea he's really enthusiastic about participating instead of judging.


    ~Bynary Fission

    EDIT: rzr, you should change the front post stating the word limit of the one-day competition from 1500 to 1800, as per the compromise.
    Last edited by Bynary Fission; 11-2-2008, 09:43 AM.
    Newest Track (05/04/2026): Battle Theme - The Infernal Sepulchre [8-bit Chiptune]

    https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/zone-4-battle-theme

    Comment

    • blackbuterfly451
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2005
      • 107

      #32
      Re: FFR's First Literary Contest

      Agreed.

      Comment

      • Temote
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2007
        • 748

        #33
        Re: FFR's First Literary Contest

        I'm going to go in on this (quick break from Nanowrimo) for the one day part. Also, thirty seconds with the search function: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=85271 . =)

        Also, rzr, how are you going to be able to tell that someone didn't just give you something they wrote a while ago?

        EDIT:
        Originally posted by robertsona
        Someone write a story in 2nd Person
        I will try my best.

        Comment

        • dood gone krazee
          RATOOOOOOOOO
          FFR Simfile Author
          • May 2007
          • 1939

          #34
          Re: FFR's First Literary Contest

          I would do this, but the one day would be the only thing that would really work. Even then, only specific days. If it was going to be this coming Tuesday that a one day will happen, then sure.
          -4th Official Tournament Expert Divison Champion-

          Originally posted by Sir_Thomas
          Dood... you done gone got yourself krazee.
          Originally posted by robertsona
          I hear back in 12 AD Jesus Himself sent an FGO to Tass and it got a 9 by JX

          "[++] 9/10
          Very good file but not japanese enough ps hi jesus"

          Comment

          • Bynary Fission
            Retired One-Hander
            • Jan 2008
            • 2437

            #35
            Re: FFR's First Literary Contest

            Originally posted by dood gone krazee
            I would do this, but the one day would be the only thing that would really work. Even then, only specific days. If it was going to be this coming Tuesday that a one day will happen, then sure.
            Well rzr hasn't set a specific date - he says "until we're done", which I presume means a good turnout. Perhaps he'll be able to bend the start date to go around other people's schedules (I'll ask for clarification, though). If so, maybe he can get it to start on that day.


            ~Bynary Fission
            Newest Track (05/04/2026): Battle Theme - The Infernal Sepulchre [8-bit Chiptune]

            https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/zone-4-battle-theme

            Comment

            • rzr
              TWG Veteran
              • Oct 2007
              • 7608

              #36
              Re: FFR's First Literary Contest

              We obviously won't start with, like, 4 people. Maybe 8-10 minimum.

              Originally posted by darkshark
              Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
              Originally posted by aperson
              i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

              Originally posted by Sprite-
              More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
              yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

              i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

              Comment

              • AmreKept
                FFR Player
                • May 2008
                • 43

                #37
                Re: FFR's First Literary Contest

                I'll join for the one week division. I can write anything right? Oh and starting from right now I have have 1 week, or will there be a start time?

                Comment

                • rzr
                  TWG Veteran
                  • Oct 2007
                  • 7608

                  #38
                  Re: FFR's First Literary Contest

                  There will be an official starting time.


                  And you know what, we don't have a fool proof way to make sure people aren't giving us their old work. If a judge feels it's fake then they can judge it accordingly. I mean, if I get something submitted for the one day that has 10,000 words, I'm not buying it.

                  EDIT: I found another Judge if Phynx would rather participate.
                  Last edited by rzr; 11-2-2008, 05:25 PM.

                  Originally posted by darkshark
                  Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                  Originally posted by aperson
                  i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                  Originally posted by Sprite-
                  More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                  Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                  yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                  i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                  Comment

                  • Phynx
                    I'm Forever
                    • Mar 2007
                    • 3005

                    #39
                    Re: FFR's First Literary Contest

                    No no no, I'm not actually participating as a contestant. I'm only putting myself in there for fun. Kind of how I do with my tournaments, I just put myself there for fun. I'm not playing for prizes or anything. This just could be good inspiration for me to write some more.
                    Guardin' of the Scared Shrine

                    Comment

                    • rzr
                      TWG Veteran
                      • Oct 2007
                      • 7608

                      #40
                      Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

                      Oh, ok, cool. Yes, you can write about anything. Also, compliments to Squeek for the title edit. I'll try to get it moved to Events to get attention. Let's throw it in our signatures, jon.

                      Originally posted by darkshark
                      Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                      Originally posted by aperson
                      i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                      Originally posted by Sprite-
                      More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                      Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                      yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                      i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                      Comment

                      • MooMoo_Cowfreak
                        Abraxas Hydroplane
                        • May 2006
                        • 1746

                        #41
                        Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

                        Put me in one day division. I haven't read the whole thread, but when is the one day division day taking place?
                        Originally posted by hi19hi19
                        dumps abstractly represent the song with arrows

                        post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis

                        Comment

                        • Bynary Fission
                          Retired One-Hander
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 2437

                          #42
                          Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

                          Originally posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak
                          Put me in one day division. I haven't read the whole thread, but when is the one day division day taking place?
                          He said both competitions will start when there are enough participants. In an earlier post, he stated 8-10 would most likely be the starting number.


                          ~Bynary Fission
                          Newest Track (05/04/2026): Battle Theme - The Infernal Sepulchre [8-bit Chiptune]

                          https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/zone-4-battle-theme

                          Comment

                          • funmonkey54
                            The Chill Keeper
                            • Oct 2007
                            • 4127

                            #43
                            Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

                            In for both.
                            PM when it starts would be appreciated.

                            Comment

                            • rzr
                              TWG Veteran
                              • Oct 2007
                              • 7608

                              #44
                              Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

                              I'll update everything now. Would you guys, not just the judges, mind advertising? Tell your friends, signatures, etc. What I HOPE to do is make this successful enough to have it as an ongoing contest, perhaps with more divisions. But, you guys all know how ambitious I am.

                              Originally posted by darkshark
                              Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                              Originally posted by aperson
                              i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                              Originally posted by Sprite-
                              More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                              yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                              i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                              Comment

                              • rzr
                                TWG Veteran
                                • Oct 2007
                                • 7608

                                #45
                                Re: FFR's (not quite) First Literary Contest

                                Updated the first two posts.

                                Originally posted by darkshark
                                Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                                Originally posted by aperson
                                i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                                Originally posted by Sprite-
                                More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                                yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                                i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                                Comment

                                Working...