Stephen King's: The Dark Tower Series

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rajan530
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2007
    • 5

    #1

    Stephen King's: The Dark Tower Series

    Ok, so this is a thread for all those who are D.T. fans. Come here to discuss the book and share ideas, however if you do have a spoiler, be sure to mark it for the slow reader
    8
    yes
    0%
    3
    hile
    0%
    5
  • smartdude1212
    2 is poo
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2005
    • 6687

    #2
    Re: Stephen King's: The Dark Tower Series

    I'm trying to read all of his books and the Dark Tower series is the last on my list, simply because it'll take the longest and I'll have to absorb a lot.

    Interesting first post though.

    Comment

    • Ice wolf
      FFR Player
      • Feb 2007
      • 852

      #3
      Re: Stephen King's: The Dark Tower Series

      My friend has suggested the series to me many times. I am only half-interested, however, and I don't have the time.
      Last edited by Ice wolf; 04-6-2008, 06:32 PM.
      Reverse for life!




      ^Way better than 25thhour's link. You know you want to sign up.

      The best noteskin ever: Skittles


      Are you having trouble syncing your files? Use DDReamStudio.

      Comment

      • rajan530
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2007
        • 5

        #4
        Re: Stephen King's: The Dark Tower Series

        yeah, i know exactly what you guys mean, Im on the fourth book [out of 7] and i sometimes hate it. My reading list is soo long :[

        Comment

        • NFD
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2007
          • 4715

          #5
          Re: Stephen King's: The Dark Tower Series

          Try the Redwall series. ;l

          Comment

          • mead1
            Cerebellumberjack
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2003
            • 3960

            #6
            Re: Stephen King's: The Dark Tower Series

            **** the fourth book. Seven-hundred page flash-back. Lowest point of the series.

            Comment

            • smartdude1212
              2 is poo
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Sep 2005
              • 6687

              #7
              Re: Stephen King's: The Dark Tower Series

              4th book is The Waste Lands, right? If so, I heard the ending was a disappointment.

              Comment

              • Calcium Deposit
                I am the liquor
                FFR Music Producer
                • May 2007
                • 706

                #8
                Re: Stephen King's: The Dark Tower Series

                Originally posted by mead1
                **** the fourth book. Seven-hundred page flash-back. Lowest point of the series.
                It wasn't that bad, it actually sets the scene for later events.

                Comment

                • Verruckter
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 2707

                  #9
                  Re: Stephen King's: The Dark Tower Series

                  I just started reading the first one. A lot of confusion with the flashbacks and everything...
                  Truth lies in loneliness, When hope is long gone by -Blind Guardian, The Soulforged
                  Image removed for size violation.

                  Comment

                  • sad_clown
                    FFR Player
                    • Feb 2006
                    • 10

                    #10
                    Re: Stephen King's: The Dark Tower Series

                    I've read all of the books and i do think that the fourth one is the biggest dissapointment of them all.

                    Comment

                    • Verruckter
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 2707

                      #11
                      Re: Stephen King's: The Dark Tower Series

                      The first one so far is pretty stupid... I don't know.. something just seems way too silly.
                      Truth lies in loneliness, When hope is long gone by -Blind Guardian, The Soulforged
                      Image removed for size violation.

                      Comment

                      • Gun92
                        The Paragon of Perfection
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 4826

                        #12
                        Re: Stephen King's: The Dark Tower Series

                        The whole series is fricken awesome, I loved every book. Ive read through them all 3 times now, its just that awesome

                        Comment

                        • rajan530
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2007
                          • 5

                          #13
                          Re: Stephen King's: The Dark Tower Series

                          Originally posted by Verruckter
                          I just started reading the first one. A lot of confusion with the flashbacks and everything...
                          do not give up! keep reading it, it gets sooo good at tull. And yeah im on the fourth book, its sucks

                          Comment

                          • mead1
                            Cerebellumberjack
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2003
                            • 3960

                            #14
                            Re: Stephen King's: The Dark Tower Series

                            Originally posted by Verruckter
                            The first one so far is pretty stupid... I don't know.. something just seems way too silly.
                            Yeah, I didn't like the first one much either. Believe me though, it really picks up. If you get through the Drawing of the Three and still don't like it, give up. But you will like it, so no worries.

                            Comment

                            • cC@Zz
                              FFR Player
                              • Apr 2006
                              • 1427

                              #15
                              Re: Stephen King's: The Dark Tower Series

                              I'm very close to the end of the last book. Soon my life will be complete.
                              There is a 50% chance your pillow will eat you while you are sleeping.

                              Comment

                              Working...