Favorite Books

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FoJaR
    The Worst
    • Nov 2005
    • 2816

    #16
    Re: Favorite Books

    Originally posted by Doug31
    My favorite book is "The Phantom Tollbooth."
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Comment

    • Sunako_Nakahara_Girl
      FFR Player
      • May 2006
      • 140

      #17
      Re: Favorite Books

      Playing in traffic- don't remember the author,

      it's really good book
      <(-.-<) <(-.-^) ^(-.-^) ^(-.-)^ (^-.-)^ (^-.-)> (>-.-)>

      arrow-piyo.deviantart.com

      Comment

      • ShastaTwist
        FFR Veteran
        • Sep 2004
        • 599

        #18
        Re: Favorite Books

        Originally posted by Doug31
        My favorite book is "The Phantom Tollbooth."
        Mine too. Except I gave my copy to my AP English teacher to read and he never gave it back. :/ Oh well...

        Comment

        • abro13
          Professor Spellcheck
          • May 2006
          • 136

          #19
          Re: Favorite Books

          "It's kind of a funny story" is a good book. forgot who wrote it though. it does have profanity and sex in it at times but still a must-read.



          Originally posted by MrGiggles
          That just reminded me of the time one dude got killed riding that Superman ride at Six Flags. He was disabled or morbidly obese or something and got flung into a fence.
          Originally posted by SethSquall
          Poor fence =/

          I mean kid.

          Poor kid...

          Comment

          • sosleepy
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2007
            • 5

            #20
            Re: Favorite Books

            I haven't been able to get on the internet lately so I just saw the suggestions. They all sound like good books. I was just wondering if there are several more books about Ender's Game. And if so how many? Also could someone give a summary of The Phantom Tollbooth.

            Comment

            • Adamaja456
              Absurd
              • Dec 2006
              • 6433

              #21
              Re: Favorite Books

              read Consent To Kill bye Vince Flynn

              Its a mans book

              Its about a CIA agent that kills terrorists, and terrorists and plotting to kill him.
              Nice details when hes cutting a guys throat"from ear to ear"

              =]


              582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
              602 AAAs(517+23+62)
              People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
              DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
              ~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
              4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
              Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
              dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)

              Comment

              • GuidoHunter
                is against custom titles
                • Oct 2003
                • 7371

                #22
                Re: Favorite Books

                Gone with the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell

                Into the Cool: Energy Flow, Thermodynamics, and Life, by Eric D. Schneider and Dorion Sagan

                Wuthering Heights, by Emily Brontë. True love? Revenge? Yes, please.

                --Guido


                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                Comment

                • Reyom
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 20

                  #23
                  Re: Favorite Books

                  The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. Always good. There's a bunch more but...I'd rather not be typing this reply for the next four hours xD.

                  Comment

                  • ShastaTwist
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Sep 2004
                    • 599

                    #24
                    Re: Favorite Books

                    The Phantom Tollbooth is a children's book. My class read it in fifth grade.

                    It's about a boy who goes into a different land and has all these different, literal adventures. It's great.

                    Comment

                    • psychopete
                      Quite electrifying.
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 833

                      #25
                      Re: Favorite Books

                      One of my favourite books that I've read recently is The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. It's just really...interesting.

                      Comment

                      • MixMasterLar
                        Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 5403

                        #26
                        Re: Favorite Books

                        If you are like 17+ years old, the first three Bourn books by Ludlum are must reads. Dont read them out of order, and if you want to see the movies then do that FIRST, as the movies have a diffarent story for the most part and will let you down if you read the books.

                        Another book that I enjoyed back when it came out was Battle Royale, the one were the Japenese students get thrown in a goverment program were they have to kill each other. The sad thing is, it sometimes has parts were you feel like your too young to read it, and then it gets wwaaayyyy to gory and vulger to let anyone under 18 read it. Also, if you do read it, keep in mind that the overall plot should be more like a proverb, while the details just searve up some really mature action

                        Has anyone read Life of Pi? A friend says it's really good....
                        ​

                        Comment

                        • ShastaTwist
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Sep 2004
                          • 599

                          #27
                          Re: Favorite Books

                          I read Life of Pi. It was for my summer reading last year. It's pretty good.

                          Comment

                          • Wintergreen
                            gamehussy
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 64

                            #28
                            Re: Favorite Books

                            Originally posted by sosleepy
                            I haven't been able to get on the internet lately so I just saw the suggestions. They all sound like good books. I was just wondering if there are several more books about Ender's Game. And if so how many? Also could someone give a summary of The Phantom Tollbooth.
                            Right now there's 8 books in the Ender's Game series.

                            * Ender's Game
                            * Speaker for the Dead
                            * Xenocide
                            * Children of the Mind
                            * Ender's Shadow
                            * Shadow of the Hegemon
                            * Shadow Puppets
                            * Shadow of the Giant

                            I suggest reading Ender's Shadow and the following three books. Ender's Shadow tells a parallel story to Ender's Game, but from the perspective of Bean. It's my favorite book in the series, because while Ender was a distant, detached sort of character, Bean is someone you can really root for and come to love.

                            For summer reading, try The Count of Monte Cristo if you haven't read it yet. It's a poignant and enthralling tale of love, betrayal, and revenge - one of the classics. I could read it over and over and never get tired of it. ^.^
                            Life is short. Eat dessert first! - Jacques Torres

                            Comment

                            • Kitsune Bandit
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2007
                              • 73

                              #29
                              Re: Favorite Books

                              There's quite a few, but the longest that I've liked is the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCafferey. It's a really good series of books. From the latest one that I've found, her son has taken over writing them, and he does almost as good of a job. The way Anne writes, it's so unique, along with the Pern universe and such.

                              That, along with the Shannara books by Terry Brooks...I read those back in middle school. Both of these are fantasy of course, but that's pretty much all I read aside from various philosophy and mythology. Shakespeare, Dante, Homer, Virgil, Machiavelli....

                              Oh, and The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger...that was rather interesting.
                              Originally posted by Raveren
                              Let's put this in another context.

                              "Hey, do you remember the name of that group that hit those skyscrapers in America with their own planes? It was 'Al' something...if anyone here can tell me where they are going to meet next, that'd be great."

                              Comment

                              • LifereaperX
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2006
                                • 168

                                #30
                                Re: Favorite Books

                                I liked the books:

                                Dragon's Gold
                                Serpent's Silver
                                Chimera's Copper

                                All by Anthony, Piers

                                They're a series of books. (in that order)

                                I'd say about 300 pages each... A good read (Adult themes not for kids)



                                I also liked the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams.
                                Last edited by LifereaperX; 07-3-2007, 03:02 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...