Does anyone here read books?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sjoecool1991
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2006
    • 2302

    #16
    Re: Does anyone here read books?

    I very much enjoy Isaac Asimov's short stories.
    I just finished the first volume, and I need to find the second volume.

    Also, I have read all of Verne's books, and I really liked them.

    Comment

    • silentwind2
      FFR Player
      • Dec 2005
      • 150

      #17
      Re: Does anyone here read books?

      right now im reading the innocent man by john grisham
      it's a great suspense book for anyone interested, pretty graphic at times though
      Originally posted by Tasselfoot

      but, sure. blame me. i'm like canada.


      Comment

      • theinsomniacnimrod
        FFR Player
        • Jul 2006
        • 69

        #18
        Re: Does anyone here read books?

        I absolutely love reading! I read too much lol. Right now I'm reading Faulkner's and Shakespeare's completed works - I'm almost done with Faulkner but Shakespeare is going to take a little bit longer - I'll probably be done by the end of summer though.

        The last book I finished was "Sanctuary" by Faulkner, but the last book I read by an author besides Faulkner or The Bard was "The Good Earth" by Pearl S. Buck like a month ago - a wonderful novel.
        "If you want to sex me you have to be good at math!" - Group X

        "I recoil with dismay and horror at this lamentable plague of functions which do not have derivatives." - Charles Hermite

        Comment

        • ffrrocksya
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2007
          • 285

          #19
          Re: Does anyone here read books?

          sometimes

          FC's:52
          AAA's:11
          Tokens:18
          Skill Tokens:3

          I play with one hand
          (it's screwing me over a bit now)

          Originally posted by ffrrocksya
          Woah! This is my own qoute! :O

          Comment

          • rade0110
            FFR Player
            • Dec 2004
            • 1253

            #20
            Re: Does anyone here read books?

            I'm reading a book called The Perks of Being a Wallflower. My friend raved about it. But it sadly is a total emo book. I'll finish it just because I hate leaving books unread...but I've been told that Jeffrey Archer books where a good read so I'll try one of his next.
            Originally posted by Synthlight
            Everyone uses quotes from Synthlight in their signature. So I'm making this one up to fit in.

            Cheers,

            Synthlight

            Comment

            • Engler
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2007
              • 2340

              #21
              Re: Does anyone here read books?

              I am currently reading A Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. Check it out, it's obscurely hilarious!

              Comment

              • Adamaja456
                Absurd
                • Dec 2006
                • 6433

                #22
                Re: Does anyone here read books?

                The only book that ive read and liked was The Da Vinci Code. I like the movie but they left out parts from the book. The Book is way better =]


                582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
                602 AAAs(517+23+62)
                People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
                DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
                ~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
                4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
                Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
                dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)

                Comment

                • jellygod
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 1703

                  #23
                  Re: Does anyone here read books?

                  the only books i read are the ones required for school, and there hasnt been one for months yay.

                  RETIRED
                  ___________________________
                  Best AAAs- Monstrous Turtles, Get down
                  Styles- index,spread
                  Tier Points: 148
                  Rank 8 in regional ranking(Great Lakes)
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

                  Comment

                  • ARMSBot101
                    FFR Player
                    • Dec 2004
                    • 118

                    #24
                    Re: Does anyone here read books?

                    Not usually, I'm too busy either watching Kenan and Kel or writing my own stories.
                    Originally posted by 666midget
                    8 isnt a number its an upsidedown snowman with no head do u noe hu i am??? my best friend id yoda

                    Comment

                    • Wintergreen
                      gamehussy
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 64

                      #25
                      Re: Does anyone here read books?

                      I'm reading The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. I just finished the Kushiel's Legacy fantasy trilogy by Jacqueline Carey, which is a wonderful read as long as you don't mind lots of sex, violence, and heresy.

                      Yep, I'm a bibliophile.
                      Life is short. Eat dessert first! - Jacques Torres

                      Comment

                      • x-Thief
                        FFR Player
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 26

                        #26
                        Re: Does anyone here read books?

                        I read too much for my own good sometimes x]

                        But yeah right now I'm in the middle of rereading the Lord of the Rings and I also read a lot of poetry and short stories. Particularly Poe, he happens to be one of my favorites.

                        Comment

                        • Windscarredfaith
                          (づ ̄ � ̄)づ watermelon
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 2612

                          #27
                          Re: Does anyone here read books?

                          I'm a hopeless romantic. <3 Nicholas Sparks.

                          Comment

                          • AriesMalvis
                            FFR Player
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 1345

                            #28
                            Re: Does anyone here read books?

                            i've always been a bookworm
                            my fave authors are dan brown, jk rowling, dean koontz, darren shan
                            ppl like that...
                            i read almost all the classics by the time i was 11
                            and i am a dork...
                            if there's a good series or book, i'll read it, no matter what age group it's for
                            like series of unfortunate events...<3 it

                            ^and nicholas sparks...i actually only liked a walk to remember
                            but it's the only one i preferred the movie over the book

                            Comment

                            • MeaCulpa
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 841

                              #29
                              Re: Does anyone here read books?

                              I recently jumped on the Dan Brown bandwagon, and read his big 4. I'm currently reading Empire Falls by Richard Russo (quite well written). My favourite book would have to be Catch-22.

                              Oh, and I've been reading a lot of philosophy literature (due to school), and surprisingly enjoy it.

                              Comment

                              • sjoecool1991
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 2302

                                #30
                                Re: Does anyone here read books?

                                Just finished 2 Asimov books.
                                Pebble In The Sky: Extremely well written, that book was great.
                                I Robot: Really liked that book, and the movie does not follow it at all, it does not even gets close to the book.

                                Comment

                                Working...