lmao, it is a stupid but great variation for pure arm work in the bench
stands for - Feet Up Fat Gripz Close Grip Bench Press.
Reasoning is, fat gripz take stress off elbow and shoulder, while providing about 1" extra ROM by creating a small camber in the bar. The close grip adds to the tricep stress. And to give my back a break after deadlifting, I bench with my feet up, which eliminates leg drive, and allows for even more stress in the triceps.
Feet up is a fantastic way to bench for hypertrophy especially, I find I can get the same workout with much less weight and it's much more comfortable on the joints.
Feet up is a fantastic way to bench for hypertrophy especially, I find I can get the same workout with much less weight and it's much more comfortable on the joints.
That acronym though jesus lmao
Yeah big time lol, the whole concept of "underloading" is pretty useful imo. If you can get the same amount of work on the system with using a bit less weight, or perhaps even more weight with an adjusted ROM (less likely) it is a good strategy for longevity.
Same reason I'm doing a lot of front and high bar squats right now, very very easy on the upper body which is partially what's premitting me to press 4x a week rn.
One more session of the hardest training week I've had in a long while...
Twisting soo much on squats, really need to fix that. Did one set low bar and it was astonishingly easier, and uncomfortable as hell since i haven't done it in a long time now.
Knees are going to be pretty happy about the deload...pecs too.
This MRV week may have actually been a bit too much, might have to lower by a few sets the next cycles, we'll see.
BW 217.9 today, lowest in a few months, and the cut is back on track. I think once I am at about 200 or so, and I can actually eat food again I will gain a lot of strength back, and once body is a lot healthier and in better condition as well...
Solid day again, time for a deload week. Not sure if this was truly my MRV week, or if I could push the volumes any higher. Might try to add more next 6 week phase, which will be comprised of 2 ramping cycles, same as the one I just finished.
Might not be able to push the volumes much higher while I'm cutting, but once I can eat at maintenance or surplus again I think I could push things up by another set or so each week..
Good day! First 100% pain free in the knees session of squatting in IDK how long. Not only was it tolerable, but was zero pain whatsoever. The deload probably helped, and my stance and focus is better on hip position etc. Very happy.
Back was hurting a lot yesterday but the SLDLs were OK today. Did a lot of mcgill big 3 at work and that seemed to help. Not sure how it went wrong in the first place though. Pretty sure it's partially from not doing ab work the previous 6 weeks...
Split is changed up slightly as well, back to an upper lower. The SQ/BP - DL/BP thing was alright, and I just wanted to try it but I think having 4 sessions that stress the low back hard is not great for me.
Pullups - 30
DB Flyes - 3x12x20s
Rear Delt Raise - 3x12x15s
Tricep Tendon Work - 3x100
Fat Gripz Curls - 3x12x45
Commentary
Good easy session, had to do some of the benching with my feet up because my back/oblique on the right side cramped up pretty hard and a foot down position was bugging it.
Another nice no pain squat workout in, decided to nbap on the 2nd set and actually push hard and without fear of knee or hip, felt like myself again a bit.
Just started working on regular, low volume, low RPE deadlifts again instead of another high volume or hard DL session to avoid killing my spine again.
Comment