Gran Torino

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • clarinet89
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2008
    • 899

    #16
    Re: Gran Torino

    I saw it tonight and it was really great. For some reason, I haven't seen that many CE movies, but this was amazing. The story was very realistic and it kept me captured the whole time. I didn't expect it to be funny at all and that was a plus. I'd probably see it again when it comes out on DVD.

    Questionable Content

    Comment

    • makdaddy
      FFR Veteran
      • Mar 2003
      • 1688

      #17
      Re: Gran Torino

      fan-f**king-tastic movie,

      this and Dark Knight are the best movies I have seen in literally 3 years or so

      SPOILER: yes
      l
      l
      \/
      Last edited by makdaddy; 01-25-2009, 08:38 PM.

      Comment

      • NFD
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2007
        • 4715

        #18
        Re: Gran Torino

        I heard he dies.

        Some douche bag in 2nd hour told me this. Is it true?

        Comment

        • Syhto
          BuMP it
          • Mar 2006
          • 2466

          #19
          Re: Gran Torino

          Yes NFD.
          I only went to see this on accident a few weeks ago. Everything else was totally packed because it was during the time Valkyrie and Marley & Me came out. But I was pleasantly surprised. I'm glad he wasn't trying to be too much of a badass. Guy is old.
          Originally posted by ~jrodd
          keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
          Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
          I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

          Comment

          • xinpig
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2006
            • 1072

            #20
            Re: Gran Torino

            I have to say, IMHO the dark knight doesnt even come close to this movie.



            PSEUDO SKILL TOKENS! FC'd Blooddrunk with AVMISSING!

            Comment

            • robertsona
              missa in h-moll
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2006
              • 4000

              #21
              Re: Gran Torino

              saw it, liked it. didn't LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVe it but yeah it was pretty awesome

              Comment

              • Nu0n
                FFR Veteran
                • Sep 2004
                • 1040

                #22
                Re: Gran Torino

                Yeah this movie was great. Not one of the best though. Still great for this generation.
                Used to have my signature on here until it was deleted

                Comment

                • sleeplessdragn
                  ~Bang that beat Harder~
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 2321

                  #23
                  Re: Gran Torino

                  Pros: Hilarity. Socially commenting, biting racism. Good acting by Clint Eastwood, for the most part. Good ending.

                  Cons: TERRIBLE acting by many others. Stale overall storyline and characters.

                  "Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have ****ed with? That's me. "

                  It's a good movie overall.

                  Comment

                  • mellonxcollie
                    Sectional Moderator
                    Sectional Moderator
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 1303

                    #24
                    Re: Gran Torino

                    This movie deserves an oscar. What really struck me about it was the character development; they were all so unlikeable, yet by the end I was rooting for them all the way. Though some of the acting by secondary characters could have been better, Clint Eastwood acted very well and that's what is most important.

                    I cried so hard at the ending. I thought the ending was brilliant.
                    Last edited by mellonxcollie; 02-4-2009, 07:22 PM.
                    Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                    Comment

                    • kommisar[os]
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 4097

                      #25
                      Re: Gran Torino

                      movie was ****ing awesome. vietnam ppl's acting sucked tho

                      Comment

                      • robertsona
                        missa in h-moll
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 4000

                        #26
                        Re: Gran Torino

                        i didn't see what was so bad with their acting

                        Comment

                        • Syhto
                          BuMP it
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 2466

                          #27
                          Re: Gran Torino

                          That one viet. chick just talked weird naturally, it wasn't bad acting.
                          Originally posted by ~jrodd
                          keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
                          Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
                          I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

                          Comment

                          • Kyaan Kyo
                            FFR Player
                            • Dec 2007
                            • 162

                            #28
                            Re: Gran Torino

                            It was alright. I mean I'm not a fan of Eastwood and sometimes I have a hard time understand what the hell he said. I found the acting to be alright, I wasn't going to watch it, but it interested me.
                            ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

                            Comment

                            • Adamaja456
                              Absurd
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 6433

                              #29
                              Re: Gran Torino

                              i liked it. i liked eastwoods racism quotes


                              582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
                              602 AAAs(517+23+62)
                              People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
                              DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
                              ~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
                              4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
                              Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
                              dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)

                              Comment

                              • janyoung101
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2008
                                • 39

                                #30
                                Re: Gran Torino

                                really good movie

                                Comment

                                Working...