Panic at the Disco

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • lumphoboextreme
    FFR Veteran
    • Jan 2005
    • 8592

    #16
    Re: Panic at the Disco

    I never liked them. >__>

    Especially that one song about closing the door and stuff with the confusing music video. =/

    Comment

    • rsr2
      Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
      • Oct 2004
      • 1386

      #17
      Re: Panic at the Disco

      I Write Sins Not Tragedies is what you are thinking of lumph

      Anyway I <3 PATD.
      Originally posted by MrGiggles
      "You shouldn't believe what everyone says about me. I took a shower with my cousin, once. And I have racist thoughts."

      Comment

      • Will__
        FFR Player
        • Feb 2008
        • 2

        #18
        Re: Panic at the Disco

        The first album is better than the new one.

        Comment

        • techknow
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2007
          • 10

          #19
          Re: Panic at the Disco

          I like thier song "Build god then we'll talk." It has been enough to get me to check out some of thier other music. This...heh heh...is the first I had heard of the band so I can not compare "Build God" to thier other songs, but to say based on a comparison to music in general it is good.

          Comment

          • MalReynolds
            CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
            • Sep 2003
            • 6571

            #20
            Re: Panic at the Disco

            Originally posted by Afrobean
            They officially removed the exclamation point in the band's name not long ago.

            By the way, is this album yet? I've been listening to the soundtrack from Juno way too much and need something to replace it.
            It comes out officially tomorrow, but has already been leaked.
            "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

            "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


            My new novel:

            Maledictions: The Offering.

            Now in Paperback!

            Comment

            • alphawarpig
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2008
              • 4

              #21
              Re: Panic at the Disco

              yea panic at the disco is hardcore
              THIS IS A STICKUP DONT MAKE IT A MURDER

              Comment

              • iPatcH
                Swamp Lemons Rule
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Dec 2004
                • 3371

                #22
                Re: Panic at the Disco

                This is a guilty pleasure band for me. I don't know if I really am a fan or not...

                I'm really torn between wanting to like this band for being super catchy and having an awesome vocalist and hating them for their trashy ****ty lyrics.

                Not that I even listen to most lyrics anyway~
                put on a donk on it

                Comment

                • MalReynolds
                  CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                  • Sep 2003
                  • 6571

                  #23
                  Re: Panic at the Disco

                  Rofl, their new album sounds like old Beatles. Which is good, because I like the old Beatles, but wtf, Panic. Seriously. Where the hell did this come from? They're like a new band. One that I can actually admit to liking because their new stuff actually sounds good.
                  "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                  "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                  My new novel:

                  Maledictions: The Offering.

                  Now in Paperback!

                  Comment

                  • rsr2
                    Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
                    • Oct 2004
                    • 1386

                    #24
                    Re: Panic at the Disco

                    Did anyone watch them on Jimmy Kimmel show last night?
                    Originally posted by MrGiggles
                    "You shouldn't believe what everyone says about me. I took a shower with my cousin, once. And I have racist thoughts."

                    Comment

                    • devonin
                      Very Grave Indeed
                      Community Manager
                      Event Staff
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 10120

                      #25
                      Re: Panic at the Disco

                      I've never really decided if I actually like them, or if I only like them because catchy music is catchy whether it is good or not.

                      I like the style of a lot of the videos ("But it's better if you don't", especially) and for the genre, I actually don't mind his voice. Plus I'm always just a sucker for any band that uses something other than guitar/bass/drums/keys

                      Comment

                      • Afrobean
                        Admiral in the Red Army
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 13262

                        #26
                        Re: Panic at the Disco

                        Originally posted by devonin
                        Plus I'm always just a sucker for any band that uses something other than guitar/bass/drums/keys
                        Yeah, that's something else amazing that is hardly ever mentioned. And not only did they do something different, but they took it in two different directions on that album as well.

                        Comment

                        • B0NK
                          FFR Player
                          • Dec 2005
                          • 663

                          #27
                          Re: Panic at the Disco

                          Originally posted by alphawarpig
                          yea panic at the disco is hardcore
                          lol wut

                          Comment

                          • mead1
                            Cerebellumberjack
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2003
                            • 3960

                            #28
                            Re: Panic at the Disco

                            The single is different enough from their old **** to make me give the new album a listen. If I can choke back my disgust at patd for long enough to give it a chance, I'll report back with my responses.

                            Comment

                            • Sir_Thomas
                              FFR Veteran
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 848

                              #29
                              Re: Panic at the Disco

                              Originally posted by omgitznpv
                              lol music

                              lol mainstream music

                              lol american music

                              This is possibly the most horrid attitude when it comes to music.

                              Not listening to something because a lot of people listen it is worse than listening to
                              something because a lot of people listen to it.

                              If you don't listen to it because you don't like the sound, then the word "mainstream" has nothing to do with it.


                              Me:
                              I think Panic At The Disco is pretty good. Has a good sound with a good singer and their songs are quit catchy.
                              The only thing thats a bit annoying is the over use of really long, trying to be phillosophical type, song names. But hey, to each his own.
                              Last edited by Sir_Thomas; 03-31-2008, 04:46 AM.

                              Comment

                              • MalReynolds
                                CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                                • Sep 2003
                                • 6571

                                #30
                                Re: Panic at the Disco

                                Originally posted by mead1
                                The single is different enough from their old **** to make me give the new album a listen. If I can choke back my disgust at patd for long enough to give it a chance, I'll report back with my responses.
                                I really like their new album. I liked their old album to an extent, but I started skipping songs that would come on my playlist. I don't forsee that happening to this album.
                                "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                                "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                                My new novel:

                                Maledictions: The Offering.

                                Now in Paperback!

                                Comment

                                Working...