I Am Legend

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sammo123
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2007
    • 1339

    #31
    Re: I Am Legend

    I didnt like the ending

    Comment

    • mead1
      Cerebellumberjack
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2003
      • 3960

      #32
      Re: I Am Legend

      That movie attached me to a dog better than any other movie has ever done. I agree it was pretty well acted on Will Smith's part. The plot was pretty weak, and the end felt kind of empty, but I really enjoyed it on the whole.

      Comment

      • esupin
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2003
        • 1756

        #33
        Re: I Am Legend

        I think that they messed up the ending. It had a whole different feel from the book's original message, and the message that I was expecting going into it. Ah, well... still good, but I would have liked it better had I not read the book first.

        http://www.youtube.com/esupin

        Comment

        • Myst1278
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2004
          • 199

          #34
          Re: I Am Legend

          I was saving that bacon.
          Originally posted by Samuel Butler
          Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well.

          BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 4639-8622-1756
          PM with your code for add.

          Comment

          • lightdarkness
            Summer!!
            • Jul 2003
            • 11310

            #35
            Re: I Am Legend

            Originally posted by Zageron
            Saddest part was when Sam died D:
            Truth.

            Comment

            • MacNight
              FFR Player
              • Apr 2007
              • 14

              #36
              Re: I Am Legend

              ~Maxym~



              About "I Am a Legend"



              hummmm


              i'd say i liked but there was when the dog die....make him a Zombie and have to kill his only friend....WELL! it's been hard to see and Accept(its only a movie ,between u and me i would have deleted the Zombie-dog scene lets him die in peace instead to Xmute him in that....and have to kill him,About the End....Kinda...lame?yeah the end was really too heroic to be good but a "Must-see"

              Story 8/10 (the problem it was same as Dawn of The Dead)
              Actor 9.5/10 (Really Awesome Acting)
              Special Effect 9/10 (nice Effect on Zombie when they get near the Light)


              -----------------
              Summary 8.5/10
              -----------------

              Comment

              • arsonistsgetallthegirls
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2007
                • 459

                #37
                Re: I Am Legend

                Originally posted by MacNight
                ~Maxym~



                About "I Am a Legend"



                hummmm


                i'd say i liked but there was when the dog die....make him a Zombie and have to kill his only friend....WELL! it's been hard to see and Accept(its only a movie ,between u and me i would have deleted the Zombie-dog scene lets him die in peace instead to Xmute him in that....and have to kill him,About the End....Kinda...lame?yeah the end was really too heroic to be good but a "Must-see"

                Story 8/10 (the problem it was same as Dawn of The Dead)
                Actor 9.5/10 (Really Awesome Acting)
                Special Effect 9/10 (nice Effect on Zombie when they get near the Light)


                -----------------
                Summary 8.5/10
                -----------------
                I thought that scene was great, though sad.
                He loved the dog so much that he was willing to risk it killing him so he could wait to see if the cure would work on his last friend.

                The end was not too heroic, it was actually pathetic. ^He realized his existence was useless after the death of sam/family/everyone so he protected the people with the cure and ended his suffering without guaranteeing their safety first.^
                Some guy said: As much as they tried to make this a horror/suspense movie, they made it too kid friendly. As Mal said with Shrek and the random things said to Sam, they put humor and kid movie references with a horror movie. Bad choice IMO.

                No, you missed the point of that. He joked around with sam because he was so deprived of human contact that he needed to lift his spirits somehow. The jokes/shrek with (SPOILERthe people who save him from his suicidal attack on the infected..) and the interacting manikins were ways of feeling he wasn't the last person on earth. Denial.
                Last edited by arsonistsgetallthegirls; 12-31-2007, 09:49 PM.
                one hand, no mercy...

                [Trust me, This user is your friend.]

                Originally posted by Zeron
                Holy ****, civility in the forums?! My head just asploded.
                Wait, What?

                Comment

                • RB_Dreamscanner
                  ☭Retired Top One Hander☭
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 1789

                  #38
                  Re: I Am Legend

                  It sucked.
                  "The Communist vision is the vision of man without God"



                  Retired, Finished at rank 295, Top one hander on FFR

                  Comment

                  • MalReynolds
                    CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                    • Sep 2003
                    • 6571

                    #39
                    Re: I Am Legend

                    What I meant was, they laid it on heavy with Shrek. It wasn't clever, because they spelled things out a bit much.
                    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                    My new novel:

                    Maledictions: The Offering.

                    Now in Paperback!

                    Comment

                    • Danrainbow6
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2006
                      • 73

                      #40
                      Re: I Am Legend

                      I agree about the end (The Survivors Colony) it was way too abrupt, but the character still does kill himself in the book. Overall a great movie, still need to re-read the book, though.

                      8/10

                      PS- What happened to that really, really nice Shelby GT-500 he was driving in the beginning?

                      Originally posted by jewpinthethird
                      WARNING: DON'T KILL YOURSELF BECAUSE OF FFR, PEOPLE WILL JUST LAUGH AND CALL YOU AN IDIOT.

                      Comment

                      • NFD
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 4715

                        #41
                        Re: I Am Legend

                        Does anybody realize it was a BOOK first?

                        Comment

                        • MalReynolds
                          CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                          • Sep 2003
                          • 6571

                          #42
                          Re: I Am Legend

                          No, we're all stupid.
                          "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                          "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                          My new novel:

                          Maledictions: The Offering.

                          Now in Paperback!

                          Comment

                          • Shadowlessheart
                            FFR Player
                            • Apr 2006
                            • 260

                            #43
                            Re: I Am Legend

                            I knew it was a Book...After the movie, and my GF told me


                            Wanna Help...PLEASE

                            Comment

                            • vashthestampede0987
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2004
                              • 2997

                              #44
                              Re: I Am Legend

                              Originally posted by MalReynolds
                              No, we're all stupid.
                              And we all throw feces at each other for fun, right mal?
                              Omega owes me [1] omega favor
                              I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


                              Originally posted by Synthlight
                              I hate myself.

                              Cheers,

                              Synthlight
                              xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
                              xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

                              Comment

                              • MalReynolds
                                CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                                • Sep 2003
                                • 6571

                                #45
                                Re: I Am Legend

                                What is this feces you speak of? I only know of doody-poop.
                                "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                                "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                                My new novel:

                                Maledictions: The Offering.

                                Now in Paperback!

                                Comment

                                Working...