The Simpsons Movie

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • WTFBrandon
    Shout out to Hades
    • Mar 2007
    • 1387

    #46
    Re: The Simpsons Movie

    Is it just me or does everybody like spider pig?
    Its not that funny...
    Its funny for the first second you see it.
    Then its not funny anymore.
    For all you people who keep posting spider pig.
    Come on... =\
    Its not funny..
    Seriously.

    EDIT: Or the Harry potter thing. I don't know what its called or care =\
    No offence.
    Looks like a good movie at least.
    I'm a bad bad Boy.

    Comment

    • Ice wolf
      FFR Player
      • Feb 2007
      • 852

      #47
      Re: The Simpsons Movie

      Most of the jokes were good the first time, (such as spider pig) but the trailer ruined it for me.
      Last edited by Ice wolf; 04-12-2008, 12:06 PM.
      Reverse for life!




      ^Way better than 25thhour's link. You know you want to sign up.

      The best noteskin ever: Skittles


      Are you having trouble syncing your files? Use DDReamStudio.

      Comment

      • -Fallen-
        xqsite OG
        • May 2005
        • 2836

        #48
        Re: The Simpsons Movie

        Movie was great. Simpsons has always been a favorite of mine. It wasn't INCREDIBLY hilarious, but damn it was one of the better movies that have came out lately.
        One of the original members of the xqsite + FFR community.
        BlankZero - 15 year vet + RobbyZero - 15 year vet

        Comment

        • DarkVampiress21
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2005
          • 218

          #49
          Re: The Simpsons Movie

          Originally posted by BeatDragon
          Was is the simpson's movie about? was it jus random clips through out the movie?
          Nooo.. Of course not. That would be a disaster of a movie if it were.

          Originally posted by -Moo-
          I just watched it a few hours ago. I thought it was Really short.

          Funny.
          I thought it was really long, haha.

          Originally posted by pokelda
          is it just me, or did the pig's scat container looked like a penis?
          It wasn't just you... <_<

          Comment

          • dAnceguy117
            new hand moves = dab
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2002
            • 10103

            #50
            Re: The Simpsons Movie

            I expected a bad movie, but that wasn't what I got. Cheap humor, to be sure, but still pretty consistently funny throughout. The trailer and the commercials killed a few jokes for me, though.

            Comment

            • LifereaperX
              FFR Player
              • May 2006
              • 168

              #51
              Re: The Simpsons Movie

              I just saw The Simpson's Movie. REALLY good. I now see why it has such good ratings at http://www.imdb.com (which is the only website I really rely on for movie ratings).

              A few notes though. I thought the movie was too short, with it only being an hour and 27 minutes long, which is kinda short for compared to today's standards of 2 to 3 hour epic movies (Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Matrix, Sin City, etc.)

              Also, I thought the exciting sequences were too short, also brought on by the short length of the movie.

              Though, the storyline is not one you'd see in any of the TV show episodes, and most of the jokes could not be used on TV (atleast in America).

              Here is the REALLY good part about the movie: EXTREMELY FUNNY. Not slightly like most comedies, but VERY funny. And, it's not humor like Family Guy where it just randomly goes to a flashback or something where something funny happens. This is humor directly related to the storyline.

              From the beginning of the movie, where an Itchy and Scratchy movie is shown, and Homer gets up in the theatre and rants on how stupid it is to pay for something they can watch for free on TV. To the ending climax (not saying what happens). It was all pretty funny, either in the irony, or the joke itself.

              I found the emotional part pretty saddening. I didn't cry or anything (because I'm a guy), but a small tear did swell up in my eye which I had to hold back.

              I give this a 9.5/10 (10/10 if rounded up)

              Also, the animation is really good. I wouldn't say they worked on it as long as anime movies like Steam Boy or anything, but it still looks 150% better than the TV shows.

              Also, what I found annoying, is that kids in the theatre were saying the Spider Pig line along with Homer when that scene occured, which I didn't like. (I liked the scene, but I didn't like the kids saying the line for the scene. They should shut up and let the voice actors do it.)

              Comment

              • CR_fLiP_fOaM
                FFR Player
                • Aug 2006
                • 1479

                #52
                Re: The Simpsons Movie

                spider pig ftw lol.
                "This better not be Snowbound again"

                Best AAA - Lawn Wake IV, Strangeprogram, Vertex Beta
                FC all Guru's Except - Death Piano, Revo, CP and the rest I haven't play it.

                Comment

                • super kid
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 1359

                  #53
                  Re: The Simpsons Movie

                  Originally posted by pokelda
                  is it just me, or did the pig's scat container looked like a penis?
                  Yeah it did. I give it about a B. The first 40 minutes were really funny then it the rest was ok. It felt like I was at home watching it on T.V. The best part is when auto was hitting up the bong.
                  Originally posted by KgZ
                  next time instead of trying to talk to the girl acting like a sketchball just whip your dick and stick it in her mouth; dont even say anything

                  Comment

                  • fido123
                    FFR Player
                    • Sep 2005
                    • 4245

                    #54
                    Re: The Simpsons Movie

                    Originally posted by super kid
                    Yeah it did. I give it about a B. The first 40 minutes were really funny then it the rest was ok. It felt like I was at home watching it on T.V. The best part is when auto was hitting up the bong.
                    Same here except my favorite part was when Bart was skating naked. Laughed my ass off.

                    Comment

                    • zippaduder50000
                      FFR Player
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 18

                      #55
                      Re: The Simpsons Movie

                      I was fortunate enough to view Bart's penis for about two seconds. The audience's reaction was something like, "Schmack!"

                      Comment

                      • evilcowgod
                        FFR Player
                        • Aug 2003
                        • 531

                        #56
                        Re: The Simpsons Movie

                        I'm currently downloading it right now, sense i'm too much of a cheap ass to go watch it in theatres

                        <- Support!
                        "Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this."

                        Comment

                        • slipstrike0159
                          FFR Player
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 568

                          #57
                          Re: The Simpsons Movie

                          "HEY LOOK, IM OUTSIDE OF THE DOME! WAHOO!" "Ohhh!"
                          that was one of my absolute favorite parts. Oh, and also when homer is flipping off all of the ppl while he is sinking in the sandbox. Very funny stuff.

                          Comment

                          • Clark15b
                            FFR Player
                            • Jul 2007
                            • 1

                            #58
                            Re: The Simpsons Movie

                            Spider pig FTW!!!
                            Clark15B

                            Comment

                            • YourFriendlyBisexual
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2005
                              • 68

                              #59
                              Re: The Simpsons Movie

                              Funny movie, surprisingly enough.
                              And hey, had some sentimental moments, too. Got me all teary-eyed and stuff.
                              Pretty good movie on a whole and whoa, those rakes clawing away at Homer's head?
                              Looked gruesome.
                              Amusing all the same.
                              Asphyxiated Monophysitism is friends with Lamaism which is short for Mithraism that occasionally sleeps with Orphism who is the incestual twin brother of Pentecostalism.

                              Comment

                              • Tex :)
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2007
                                • 428

                                #60
                                Re: The Simpsons Movie

                                I havent seen it yet... I'll wait for it to come out on DVD.
                                ________________________________________________________________
                                P.S. Every time I hear that stupid spider pig thing I want to bomb my TV!
                                unfortunately still kickin' ~(‾⌣‾~)

                                Comment

                                Working...