LOST Season Finale **SPOLERS**

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dragon_Master2557
    FFR Player
    • Jul 2004
    • 164

    #16
    Re: LOST Season Finale **SPOLERS**

    Originally posted by jewpinthethird
    I'm disappointed in that absolutely no questions were answered.
    Some questions were answered, just none that anybody really cared about.

    For example, we now know that they get off the island at some point or another (but that was a bit obvious). Also, we now know that Naomi and her boat aren't with Penelope or her rescue effort.

    What they should have done was explain who or what Jacob is.


    <-----Support

    Comment

    • jewpinthethird
      (The Fat's Sabobah)
      FFR Music Producer
      • Nov 2002
      • 11711

      #17
      Re: LOST Season Finale **SPOLERS**

      Originally posted by Dragon_Master2557
      What they should have done was explain who or what Jacob is.
      yes. The season finale needed more Locke.

      Comment

      • lXD
        L not I
        • Feb 2007
        • 1398

        #18
        Re: LOST Season Finale **SPOLERS**

        great finale, but i dont think they should have shown all the scenes after they get off they island, kinda ruins alot.
        AAA's - 125+19
        best - sail away/endless dream/hyper pressure
        latest - sound of my dream
        219 tier points
        IndexRulz.


        Originally posted by DrugstoreCowboy
        lXD - my best friend. You have helped me throughout ffr more than anyone here will ever know. Not only do we have pretty much in common, but we can talk to each other about anything. You deserve this. Thanks for everything <3 Tagteam partners for life
        bifflez yo<3

        Comment

        • Pyroshock
          ε=-dΦ/dt
          FFR Music Producer
          • Jul 2006
          • 1170

          #19
          Re: LOST Season Finale **SPOLERS**

          What I understood from it was that Jacob is the island. Something Ben said at some point in the episode implied that to me, though I can't remember exactly what it was he said.

          I think the dead guy might be John. I think Jack would've maybe said "friend" instead of "neither" if it was Sawyer.

          Comment

          • flashman41
            OMG ceiling cat!
            • Sep 2003
            • 252

            #20
            Re: LOST Season Finale **SPOLERS**

            Originally posted by Pyroshock
            What I understood from it was that Jacob is the island. Something Ben said at some point in the episode implied that to me, though I can't remember exactly what it was he said.

            I think the dead guy might be John. I think Jack would've maybe said "friend" instead of "neither" if it was Sawyer.
            I believe it's a character we have yet to be introduced to, based on the screencap.

            Interesting how Kate gets a little hostile when Jack asks her if she wants to go to the funeral. She asks him, "Why would I go" as if she is very surprised that he would think that she would want to go. But I think that this will be answered in seasons to come.

            Frustrating that they didn't answer any questions about Jacob, just giving us that little tease in "The Man Behind The Curtain" with the 11 frames of the figure that is Jacob. (In case you didn't know or see it, Jacob is invisible to John Locke, but if you pause right after Ben is shoved back against the wall in Jacob's house (or maybe shot, thats a different story) when the invisible Jacob goes insane, we see an image of a man who looks similar to John Locke except with a nice head of hair.)

            Comment

            • Dragon_Master2557
              FFR Player
              • Jul 2004
              • 164

              #21
              Re: LOST Season Finale **SPOLERS**

              *looked up info* So I guess for now, Jacob is invisible to Locke

              Video of Jacob: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=479HkrFTZiI

              Image:


              <-----Support

              Comment

              • pokelda
                ⁽ ´ཀ`⁾
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jun 2006
                • 3878

                #22
                Re: LOST Season Finale **SPOLERS**

                I think it was Juliet who was in the coffin. Explains the pissed off kate. And if it is juliet, then her sister must have died from cancer in reality because noone was at the funeral.

                Also HOLY CRAP WALT IS BACK.

                Also, polar bears are really genetically enlargened hamsters.

                Also, the statue with 4 toes is Wilkin.

                Also, time warp. Desmond style.

                Is benjamin really his real name? Could he be the one in the coffin?

                Also, SPOLERS lmao

                Comment

                • Megmo
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Sep 2006
                  • 250

                  #23
                  Re: LOST Season Finale **SPOLERS**

                  The flashforward thing kind of took me by surprise. I'm still curious about what happened to the other people who were taken such as the children and the flight attendant. I'm betting Locke bites the dust and it's his funeral they're referring to and that Charlie goes, too. I was disappointed about a lack of Jacob and Walt explanation. But you CAN see Jacob for a split second in that one episode-he appears sort of shadowy on the right side of the screen RIGHT after he throws Ben into the wall.

                  Comment

                  • darklordsarumon9
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Feb 2005
                    • 1777

                    #24
                    Re: LOST Season Finale **SPOLERS**

                    The man in the casket is more than likely Ben.
                    When the guy asks Jack "Friend or Family", he says neither.
                    If it was one of the losties in the casket, he would have said friend at least one would think.

                    Then when Kate sees the piece of paper, she is like, "Why would I go?" and looks angry. Another sign it could be Ben, for all the **** he put her through with Sawyer and Jack. She then says, "I have to get back to HIM" Him referring to either, Sawyer, which would make the most sense, or even possible Jacob, as he has been called "HIM" since the second season.
                    Originally posted by Choofers
                    i was up aound 11 ish to my my mom textinin me over voaevover avo oover, asking if o wamt food from china so i said hai and off sent went to a p; blasnd buffet bu o wl who cares
                    Originally posted by cetaka
                    whats namine like in person

                    Comment

                    • jewpinthethird
                      (The Fat's Sabobah)
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Nov 2002
                      • 11711

                      #25
                      Re: LOST Season Finale **SPOLERS**

                      Originally posted by darklordsarumon9
                      She then says, "I have to get back to HIM" Him referring to either, Sawyer, which would make the most sense, or even possible Jacob, as he has been called "HIM" since the second season.
                      1. Jacob wasn't in the second season....was he?

                      2. "Him" is a generic, commonly used pronoun....probably used multiple times in ever episode. So I wouldn't count on it.

                      And I'm not willing to believe the flash-foward we saw is necessarily what is going to happen, but rather the "potential" future given the situation they are in...which would indicate as to why Locke and Ben kept telling Jack not to leave the Island.

                      The creators haven't given us much to work with...it's so open ended it can go any way. But we do know Lost is going to be around for at least another 3 seasons, which means they aren't going to be ending it any time soon.

                      We still have no idea what the hatch blowing up did, we have no idea about the experiments the Dharma initiative conducted. We don't know who or what the native inhabitants of the Island are. We don't know who or what is Jacob...or if he is connected to that floating black gas thing somehow.

                      None of the big mysteries from this season were solved.

                      ps. found the significance in the numbers: apparently they are the factors in the equation constructed by an Italian mathematician who predicted the date when mankind would be come extinct. The Dharma Initiative is there to use science to change the course of our "potential" history. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PPCCcXarkc
                      Last edited by jewpinthethird; 05-25-2007, 01:53 PM.

                      Comment

                      • darklordsarumon9
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 1777

                        #26
                        Re: LOST Season Finale **SPOLERS**

                        Originally posted by jewpinthethird
                        1. Jacob wasn't in the second season....was he?
                        Possibly the beginning of the Third season... The Earliest time I can recall Jacob being directly named is in I Do, 6th Episode of the 3rd season when Danny says that jack is not on Jacob's list.

                        I can loosely remember times, I want to say end of the second season, where Ben will say something like, "We have to follow HIS orders"...something along those lines.

                        Summer break just started for me, so while I have nothing to do for the next few weeks, im going to pull out Season 2 and *ahem* not season 3 *ahem* and find the earliest mention of Jacob.
                        Originally posted by Choofers
                        i was up aound 11 ish to my my mom textinin me over voaevover avo oover, asking if o wamt food from china so i said hai and off sent went to a p; blasnd buffet bu o wl who cares
                        Originally posted by cetaka
                        whats namine like in person

                        Comment

                        • Dragon_Master2557
                          FFR Player
                          • Jul 2004
                          • 164

                          #27
                          Re: LOST Season Finale **SPOLERS**

                          Jacob is "Him." It was confirmed in one of the podcasts.


                          <-----Support

                          Comment

                          • sarahxjane
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 2109

                            #28
                            Re: LOST Season Finale **SPOLERS**

                            D:


                            This cliffhanger really pissed me off.


                            MANNN!


                            Poor Charlie.



                            And what's with Walt coming to Locke?
                            I find him to be a weird apparition for him.
                            Boy, did he age.

                            Speaking of Walt... how do we know that him and his father really got off the island?
                            By the way Ben was freaking out, I would suspect that father and son never made it very far.


                            The newspaper clipping does look like it might say Locke.
                            However we can only see a J and what I believe to be an o.
                            -Shrugs-

                            Who knows?




                            Jacob = what the eff.





                            That was a messed up scene, if I do say so myself.

                            It caught me by surprise, as I really thought that Ben was just talking to the chair.

                            I didn't expect all the 'poltergeist' action to insue.


                            Anyways.

                            I shall stay happy in my assumption that when Kate said, "He'll wonder where I am," that she was referring to Sawyer.


                            I feel bad for Jack though, because he was so broken up.



                            Boy, did Evangeline look amazing!
                            It's nice to see her all done up after so long.





                            Lastly,
                            Lost is the best show ever created.

                            That is all.

                            :3
                            Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                            whatever you do... don't **** a walros.
                            Originally posted by funmonkey54
                            *knock knock*
                            *opens door*
                            Hello sir, I am a representative from eBay.
                            Um, ok. May I help you?
                            Yes, I am going to need some more information. What is your social security, work hours, sperm count, sexual orientation, and hours of absence from your home?

                            as of December 11th 2009.
                            Proud One Hander! 113 AAAs & 295 Full Combos

                            Comment

                            • mmeegghhaann
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2006
                              • 239

                              #29
                              Re: LOST Season Finale **SPOLERS**

                              The Russian guy and Locke are two guys that just WILL NOT DIE. Anyone have any ideas on why Jack says they weren't supposed to leave the island? Is it because they have nothing now that they have come back or does it have something to do with what Ben said?

                              Are we ever going to figure out what the black smoke monster is and what the magic box that brought Locke's dad to the island is?
                              Also why is the island so special and why can it make apparitions like Kate's horse and Jack's dad?
                              What was Darma (sp?) doing there in the first place? What were they reseaching? What is Ben's group doing there? Why were the radio signals blocked?

                              So many questions....
                              A burrito is just a sleeping bag for ground beef.

                              Comment

                              • darklordsarumon9
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Feb 2005
                                • 1777

                                #30
                                Re: LOST Season Finale **SPOLERS**

                                Originally posted by mmeegghhaann
                                Why were the radio signals blocked?
                                As for that one, Ben said that there were people who were looking for the Island . He said that they would come and Kill everyone on the Island, I think he also said something about these people wanting to use the Island.
                                Originally posted by Choofers
                                i was up aound 11 ish to my my mom textinin me over voaevover avo oover, asking if o wamt food from china so i said hai and off sent went to a p; blasnd buffet bu o wl who cares
                                Originally posted by cetaka
                                whats namine like in person

                                Comment

                                Working...