Any Metalheads?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dballin4
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2005
    • 1082

    #196
    Re: Any Metalheads?

    Honestly haven't listened to them that much. I've only got one track from them on a sampler I got from Century Media(?) but it's a pretty good one. I should probably check them out more.

    Comment

    • TC_llama499
      Resident Rock Climber
      • Feb 2008
      • 1573

      #197
      Re: Any Metalheads?

      ahhh i loooove metal, Rose Funeral, Suicide Silence, and Black Dahlia Murder are a few of my favorites.

      Comment

      • who_cares973
        FFR Player
        • Aug 2006
        • 15407

        #198
        Re: Any Metalheads?

        these sub genres are getting out of hand


        blind guardian,metallica,unearth,trivium are some of the bands i listen to off the top of my head

        Comment

        • Solid Dreams
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2008
          • 298

          #199
          Re: Any Metalheads?

          Don't tell your grandmother how to sew, guy.

          I didn't mention Dark Tranquility because, despite them and Arch Enemy basically pioneering Melodeath, I don't like them.

          I'm not going to shout out to a band who's only song I liked was Lost to Apathy.

          I loved Soilwork until I went to see them in concert. Speed is such a dick. The rest of the band's pretty cool, though.

          Oh, hey, The Crown. They had a pretty kickass cd from Possessed 13, and the singer sang for The Haunted on their one cd that I can listen all the way through.

          Pretty awesome guy, that one.

          fedit: Trivium, despite my not liking them, are pretty sweet live.

          I don't like GWAR but everytime they come through I make an effort to go, they put on, bar none, the best concert.

          You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.

          Comment

          • Verruckter
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2004
            • 2707

            #200
            Re: Any Metalheads?

            Some Axamenta because they ****ing own:









            Aww yeah, can't go wrong with them melo/prog-death
            Truth lies in loneliness, When hope is long gone by -Blind Guardian, The Soulforged
            Image removed for size violation.

            Comment

            • revolutionomega
              FFR Veteran
              • Mar 2006
              • 2240

              #201
              Re: Any Metalheads?

              no one listens to axenstar?
              they would be semi-melodic/prog. metal i guess.
              Not much of a brain to the sub-categories on my end, sorry lol.
              "AW MAN, WE SUCK AGAIN!"
              - Rob Schneider, The Waterboy (1998)

              Comment

              • dballin4
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2005
                • 1082

                #202
                Re: Any Metalheads?

                Originally posted by Solid Dreams
                I'm not going to shout out to a band who's only song I liked was Lost to Apathy.
                4 albums ago(Haven) was when they were very much on their way to their current sound. They enhanced it with Damage Done and imo perfected with Character. Fiction was a slight throw back to older days while keeping the new sound, but out of these 4 albums I don't know how you can't find more than 1 song you like. I can see their earlier stuff (especially Projector ugh...) but I guess it all boils down to your opinion anyway and I don't know why I'm typing this out.

                ps: lol Edguy. Nevermore is as close as I get to power metal.
                Last edited by dballin4; 03-12-2009, 04:13 PM.

                Comment

                • foilman8805
                  smoke wheat hail satin
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Sep 2006
                  • 5704

                  #203
                  Re: Any Metalheads?

                  I too think Character is probably their best work to date. I love that album. Fiction...was okay. There were a couple REALLY good songs on Fiction, but overall, I wasn't that impressed.

                  dballin, check out Natural Born Chaos from Soilwork. Great CD, imo.

                  Comment

                  • Solid Dreams
                    FFR Player
                    • Apr 2008
                    • 298

                    #204
                    Re: Any Metalheads?

                    Don't get me wrong, I think Mikael is a great singer, and I love how nice he is at concerts (Yeah, it's kinda weird, but he's like a metal Jesus.)

                    But for the most part a lot of their songs are interchangeable to me. Just like In Flames has become.

                    The closest I could get to another song I like is Format C: to Cortex.

                    You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.

                    Comment

                    • TC_llama499
                      Resident Rock Climber
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 1573

                      #205
                      Re: Any Metalheads?

                      Originally posted by Solid Dreams
                      .

                      fedit: Trivium, despite my not liking them, are pretty sweet live.

                      I don't like GWAR but everytime they come through I make an effort to go, they put on, bar none, the best concert.
                      same here, im not a fan of Trivium or GWAR but i have seen both of them play and it was entertaining lol GWAR is deff a fun concert if you dont mind getting a little dirty haha

                      Comment

                      • Verruckter
                        FFR Player
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 2707

                        #206
                        Re: Any Metalheads?

                        Character was like the same song 12 times. I found it boring as hell.
                        Truth lies in loneliness, When hope is long gone by -Blind Guardian, The Soulforged
                        Image removed for size violation.

                        Comment

                        • dballin4
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 1082

                          #207
                          Re: Any Metalheads?

                          If you think The New Build (first track) and My Negation (last track) are the same song ya CrAzY. I thought it was well paced and blended the faster, heavier songs in with the slower, more melodic ones fantastically. but there's only 11 tracks???? srsly tho last post about DT itt. i don't want to be a dick or anything.

                          got the soilwork album. time to listen to it. The one track I did have was Figure Number Five off the cd following this one so it should be good.

                          Comment

                          • JKPolk
                            tool
                            • Aug 2003
                            • 3737

                            #208
                            Re: Any Metalheads?

                            Soilwork is okay, I sometimes go back and listen to them if I'm burned out on my regular stuff. Been putting on Communic - Payment of Existence lately, it's got a good sound. Vocals aren't too hard, so if you're looking for some easier-listening then I'd suggest it. I know I'll probably get blasted for it, but I'll still say that I really enjoy In Mourning. Amnesia is just so fun to listen to, I get pumped every single time I hear it.

                            Comment

                            • Solid Dreams
                              FFR Player
                              • Apr 2008
                              • 298

                              #209
                              Re: Any Metalheads?

                              No, Lost to Apathy sounds like one of the songs in Fiction, and a lot of their other stuff sounds similar.

                              You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.

                              Comment

                              • Verruckter
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2004
                                • 2707

                                #210
                                Re: Any Metalheads?

                                Originally posted by dballin4
                                If you think The New Build (first track) and My Negation (last track) are the same song ya CrAzY. I thought it was well paced and blended the faster, heavier songs in with the slower, more melodic ones fantastically. but there's only 11 tracks???? srsly tho last post about DT itt. i don't want to be a dick or anything.

                                got the soilwork album. time to listen to it. The one track I did have was Figure Number Five off the cd following this one so it should be good.
                                What I meant is hat most of their songs are rough chords, with the same keyboard strings and lead, the melodies are fairly similar and the structure doesn't change.

                                Anyways, I don't like Dark Tranquility.
                                Truth lies in loneliness, When hope is long gone by -Blind Guardian, The Soulforged
                                Image removed for size violation.

                                Comment

                                Working...