Any Metalheads?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Solid Dreams
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2008
    • 298

    #181
    Re: Any Metalheads?

    Originally posted by nois-or-e
    lol @ 'metal' bands....

    nightrage
    the red chord
    meshuggah
    opeth
    lamb of god

    First post = FAIL
    Are you trying to say that Meshuggah isn't metal?

    Because...you know, they are.

    You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.

    Comment

    • -paexaea-
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      • Apr 2007
      • 4611

      #182
      Re: Any Metalheads?

      Originally posted by nois-or-e
      lol @ 'metal' bands....

      nightrage
      the red chord
      meshuggah
      opeth
      lamb of god

      First post = FAIL
      Your opinion doesn't matter and never will.
      See you, Space Cowboy.

      Comment

      • robertsona
        missa in h-moll
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2006
        • 4000

        #183
        Re: Any Metalheads?

        the only metal i listen to is weird **** that isn't really metal at all like sunn 0)))

        Comment

        • nois-or-e
          SponCon Aficionado
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2007
          • 3250

          #184
          Re: Any Metalheads?

          Originally posted by Solid Dreams
          Are you trying to say that Meshuggah isn't metal?

          Because...you know, they are.
          No, was just emphasising one of my all-time favourite bands. So sue me for having an opinion.

          Comment

          • Verruckter
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2004
            • 2707

            #185
            Re: Any Metalheads?

            Unexpect, Axamenta, Blind Guardian, Opeth... Awww yeah !
            Truth lies in loneliness, When hope is long gone by -Blind Guardian, The Soulforged
            Image removed for size violation.

            Comment

            • DJ Stroodle
              FFR Player
              • Dec 2008
              • 34

              #186
              Re: Any Metalheads?

              Go hard, or go home, Otep is my Queen. The hottest metal chick alive!
              Also right now though, I'm into Sick Puppies, although they are more hard rock than metal, kinda like Pillar.
              *~*Did you ever notice that "Yagami" is "I'm A Gay" backwards?*~*
              @_@Damn Byakugan! I SEE EVERYTHING!@_@


              ________________________________________

              Comment

              • Quigly
                nah
                • Jan 2008
                • 3506

                #187
                Re: Any Metalheads?

                Yeah Sick Puppies aren't metal at all. They aren't even screamo. I would say they fall under the emo category.

                And don't compare them to Pillar. They are in two totally different sub-genres of rock. Pillar is Christian rock.
                nah

                Comment

                • DJ Stroodle
                  FFR Player
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 34

                  #188
                  Re: Any Metalheads?

                  Please, two different genres or not, they sound alike, besides, emo is becoming the thing for christian youth, considering every emo kid in town is a christian. And no, im not bashing anything, just making an obdservational point, thats all.
                  *~*Did you ever notice that "Yagami" is "I'm A Gay" backwards?*~*
                  @_@Damn Byakugan! I SEE EVERYTHING!@_@


                  ________________________________________

                  Comment

                  • Quigly
                    nah
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 3506

                    #189
                    Re: Any Metalheads?

                    Nah Pillar still has a much more 'raw' sound than The Sick Puppies. The singers also have two different styles of singing.

                    And I wasn't bashing you either.
                    nah

                    Comment

                    • DJ Stroodle
                      FFR Player
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 34

                      #190
                      Re: Any Metalheads?

                      I kno, but I figured it was the best reference seeing as how that is how my friend explained Sick Puppies to me.

                      BTW My GF is getting me Lamb of God tickets for my 20th!!!!
                      *~*Did you ever notice that "Yagami" is "I'm A Gay" backwards?*~*
                      @_@Damn Byakugan! I SEE EVERYTHING!@_@


                      ________________________________________

                      Comment

                      • -paexaea-
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 4611

                        #191
                        Re: Any Metalheads?

                        It doesn't matter. Both of those bands are absolute garbage.

                        However, I am partial to Lamb of God.
                        See you, Space Cowboy.

                        Comment

                        • dballin4
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 1082

                          #192
                          Re: Any Metalheads?

                          attn: everyone listing melodeath metal aka if you listen to In Flames, mors principium est, arch enemy, or even Children of Bodom. learn your damn roots kids. Dark Tranquillity it's called gothenburg metal cuz these guys pioneered it.

                          also Testament for some good old thrash
                          Vader - Litany (absolutely nuts)
                          Bloodbath - Resurrection Through Carnage (more thrash metal supergroup bonus omg)
                          Hypocrisy - Virus (good melodeath album here)
                          Last edited by dballin4; 03-11-2009, 11:58 PM.

                          Comment

                          • foilman8805
                            smoke wheat hail satin
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2006
                            • 5704

                            #193
                            Re: Any Metalheads?

                            I have 4 DT albums. I'm a bigger fan of their later albums like Damage Done and Character.

                            Comment

                            • dballin4
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 1082

                              #194
                              Re: Any Metalheads?

                              I have 10... If they would stop releasing japan/australia only tracks I would be able to say that I paid for every piece of music thats come out during their career. I'm missing 4 tracks over 20 years and they're all from Fiction dammit

                              *fun fact* the current vocalist of In Flames was the vocalist on DT's debut album

                              Comment

                              • foilman8805
                                smoke wheat hail satin
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Sep 2006
                                • 5704

                                #195
                                Re: Any Metalheads?

                                What do you think about Soilwork?

                                Comment

                                Working...