Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • -bits-
    FFR Player
    • May 2007
    • 9

    #61
    Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

    actually......now that i've heard it a few more times......the album doesn't seem rather bad....quite good actually..............but still i liked the old linkin park better somehow
    remember what you say coz it 'll come to haunt u another day.............

    Comment

    • FaintScent
      FFR Player
      • Feb 2007
      • 43

      #62
      Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

      My Friend got the cd!
      I'm so envious.
      ♥-~٭~-♥
      We're losing daylight but I cant work any faster.
      Under the veil of dusk we go on,
      Don’t close your eyes.
      What if it all disappears in the shadows that reach from the stars?

      If I held my ground would you ask me to change?
      This drought bleeds on now we're dancing for rain
      We drink the air but it’s still not the same
      These worlds collide but the distance remains
      We point the finger, never accept the blame and I know. I know

      sigpic

      Comment

      • soccer345
        FFR Player
        • Sep 2006
        • 68

        #63
        Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

        I didin't like the album at first, but you have to try ALL the songs, not just listen to the begining like I do and pre-judge it.
        My Fav's:
        1. Bleed it Out
        2. What I've Done
        3. No More Sorrow
        4. In Between
        5. Valentine's Day
        6. Leave Out All The Rest


        Originally posted by Synthlight
        Someone is angry.. I think you need a new hobby or something. Maybe some balance in your life. The medication just isn't working anymore dude.

        Wouldn't it be cool if I really was the CEO of ScrewingSynth "Corperation"? Hot

        Cheers,

        Synthlight

        Comment

        • DigitalS3r4ph
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2007
          • 984

          #64
          Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

          I've owned it for a while now and I still think it blows.

          PM me if you find the secret.

          Comment

          • Chief0678
            FFR Player
            • Nov 2006
            • 168

            #65
            Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

            It's nice, and I like Linkin Park and all, but I like their old songs better.




            sigpic
            You're going to die soon. You have seven more days to live.

            Comment

            • noodleroxs
              FFR Player
              • Sep 2006
              • 50

              #66
              Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

              I hate their new style. I liked the single "What I've Done" but all the other stuff on there is crap. What happend to the old Linkin Park?
              Fawsome! Fawsome! Fawsome!

              Do you keep saying Fawsome?

              Yeah.

              Fexcellent.

              Comment

              • lovestangs09
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2007
                • 1

                #67
                Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

                i didnt really like their new cd either.

                ever since Collision Course with Jay-Z came out, i rarely listened to them.

                i liked their old style.

                on "Bleed It Out" idk if you guys have heard that annoying clapping..no ofense to linkin park, but it sounds so gay.

                Comment

                • gnr61
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 7251

                  #68
                  Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

                  lol is everyone here a Linkin Park fan? because no one seems to realize that they pretty much represent all that is the decline of modern music:

                  rich mtv-raised guys whining about their stupid adolescent problems while they are WAY to old to be doing so, let alone in such retarded lyrics.

                  songs that are pretty much constructed for massive radio play and plenty of mtv air time without any musical inclination or talent involved--profits are obviously the key aim.

                  its basically an excersise in target marketing. whether you were a die hard nu-metal fan in 5th grade (and who wasn't), or just thought their new single was "oh em gee supr kool gaiz its rly liek how i feeel inside wiht my problems and stuf," you will probably buy this cd. why? why give them more money? if you really thought it was so great (for god knows what reason), then download it with limewire or something and quit feeding money to the cash-machine that is linkin park. SAME GOES FOR YOU LIMP BIZKIT, GODSMACK, KORN, AND DISTURBED.
                  squirrel--it's whats for dinner.

                  Comment

                  • Squeek
                    let it snow~
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 14444

                    #69
                    Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

                    Oh no.

                    People actually enjoy things that sound good to them?

                    What an amazing concept.

                    Comment

                    • gnr61
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 7251

                      #70
                      Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

                      if listening to the lyrics of linkin park songs dont make you feel like an idiot, then thats your thing. its just that there is so much great music out there that is BETTER than linkin park, but never gets heard because bands like linkin park dominate the music industry. not because theyre good or even sound better than anyone else. because they got lucky and their godawful brand of pop/synth-rock became a mainstream and media sensation and their career skyrocketed itself. all im saying is that people should give other, better music a chance before jumping to the bands that you are told to like.
                      squirrel--it's whats for dinner.

                      Comment

                      • Loyal2Death
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Jun 2004
                        • 1032

                        #71
                        Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

                        Originally posted by gnr61
                        if listening to the lyrics of linkin park songs dont make you feel like an idiot, then thats your thing. its just that there is so much great music out there that is BETTER than linkin park, but never gets heard because bands like linkin park dominate the music industry. not because theyre good or even sound better than anyone else. because they got lucky and their godawful brand of pop/synth-rock became a mainstream and media sensation and their career skyrocketed itself. all im saying is that people should give other, better music a chance before jumping to the bands that you are told to like.
                        They dominate the industry because they make songs that people want to hear. Its not that everyone is hopelessly emo, it relates. I'd rather hear a story about a relationship so I can learn from someone's experience then something totally thrown together and "Mystical".

                        Linkin Park is very good at what they do, and their style of music has nothing to do with being hopeless.

                        Oh and btw, A lot of bands are mainstream because people like them. Because of this there will always be a person who hunts bands like LP down because when there is something really good, there is always someone bitterly opposed. If you've found a great band don't tell us, someone will hate them, or worse, they might become mainstream and just as bad as linkin park.
                        Last edited by Loyal2Death; 06-12-2007, 07:36 PM.


                        Are you Loyal?
                        Nows the time to choose
                        Die and be free of pain.
                        Or live and fight your sorrow.

                        Comment

                        • gnr61
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 7251

                          #72
                          Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

                          a million bands could make music exactly the same as linkin park, or better (which by this forums terms is apparently "catchier") of the same genre, and would never become mainstream or even enjoy some success just because they didnt get the same breaks. note that im not saying mainstream music is bad. some is quite good (though most is just made-for-radio rehashed crap), but mainstream bands that pretty much dont deserve to be. its pretty much indisputable that linkin park has no talent, creative or musical. also note that i never called linkin park out as an emo band or anything of the sort. they are nu-metal, nothing original, and write terrible lyrics that dont even deserve to be called emo. if you want well-written emo, i suggest Thursday or my favorite, Cursive.
                          squirrel--it's whats for dinner.

                          Comment

                          • Squeek
                            let it snow~
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 14444

                            #73
                            Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

                            I don't like their music because of the lyrics. I like it because it's a unique sound. It's something you don't hear all the time.

                            I don't listen to the radio and I don't pursue new bands. I don't watch television, let alone MTV. The radio is loaded with emo crap and bands with zero talent along with generic rap songs after generic rap songs, as is MTV.

                            I like all of maybe half a dozen American bands. I dislike about 200.

                            Comment

                            • ToshX
                              FFR Player
                              • Feb 2004
                              • 5111

                              #74
                              Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

                              They dominate the industry because they make songs that people want to hear. Its not that everyone is hopelessly emo, it relates. I'd rather hear a story about a relationship so I can learn from someone's experience then something totally thrown together and "Mystical".
                              I like Dragonforce, but can I relate to them at all? Of course not.

                              Comment

                              • Loyal2Death
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Jun 2004
                                • 1032

                                #75
                                Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

                                Originally posted by ToshX
                                I like Dragonforce, but can I relate to them at all? Of course not.

                                Don't get me wrong, Dragonforce is Epic, but if the aim is to get more people to listen casually, something preferably not about Super-Ultra-Fires-of-Burning-Destiny may not be what people want to hear, hence why Dragonforce isn't as mainstream as they perhaps could be. (That and vocals X|)

                                Oh and I disagree gnr. Obviously it can't be bad if so many people like it, I just personally think that it rubs you the wrong way.


                                Are you Loyal?
                                Nows the time to choose
                                Die and be free of pain.
                                Or live and fight your sorrow.

                                Comment

                                Working...