Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • slipstrike0159
    FFR Player
    • Aug 2005
    • 568

    #46
    Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

    Its a combination of hybrid theory and meteora in terms of the bridge gap.

    Also, as was mentioned about the music video, i really like how they are taking a stance on things like that. Very Rise Against inspired ;D i like it

    EDIT: By the way, Hybrid Theory>Minutes to Midnight=Meteora=Reanimation>Numb/Encore>Collision Theory

    The 3 ones that are equal also show the one i am more leaning toward with MTM being the one i am leaning most toward for the second spot and Reanimation being the least likely.

    (i know Numb/Encore was a part of collision theory but i decided it was good enough to seperate)
    Last edited by slipstrike0159; 05-14-2007, 10:03 PM.

    Comment

    • paragurl
      FFR Player
      • Jul 2005
      • 21

      #47
      Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

      i bought the cd today and i am a little dissappointed.

      What i've done is my favorite track so far, which is sad because that's the one that lead me to buy the cd in the first place. I do like bleed it out though because it sounds a lot like their classic stuff. I wasn't expecting the old stuff, but i didn't know the new stuff was going to be vocals over the same background music repeated forever.

      overall 6/10, some good tracks but not so good for lp fans

      Comment

      • slipstrike0159
        FFR Player
        • Aug 2005
        • 568

        #48
        Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

        HAHA! Check this out, Chester was part of a band called Grey Daze before he joined linkin park and this is what wikipedia said about the band.
        Originally posted by Wiki
        Grey Daze tracks were used as fake releases for the Linkin Park album Minutes To Midnight, widely distributed over peer to peer networks under minutes to midnight tack titles. This was an attempt to prevent piracy of the new Linkin Park album
        Well good job of stopping the piracy and leak!

        Comment

        • MarukuAntoni
          mmmMMMmmm
          • Apr 2007
          • 521

          #49
          Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

          i was a little disappointed in their new album. some of the songs were alright but not great. after all the hype and time it just wasnt that great.
          IF I CAN CLIMB A TREE, I CAN CLIMB MT EVEREST. IF I CAN DRIVE A CAR, I CAN PILOT A SPACE SHUTTLE. IF I CAN PEE, I CAN BE THE PRESIDENT. IF I CAN POO, I CAN RULE THE WORLD!

          Comment

          • -bits-
            FFR Player
            • May 2007
            • 9

            #50
            Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

            yeah they totally shouldn't have changed from their original style...but some of the tracks were definitely not too bad"Given Up" and "bleed it out" were probably the best ones
            remember what you say coz it 'll come to haunt u another day.............

            Comment

            • Wlfwnd91
              FFR Player
              • Aug 2006
              • 499

              #51
              Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

              I like it to be honest. I think it's a bit more message influenced than music influenced, which isn't always a bad thing. It's not something I'd listen to on a regular basis, but if I ever want something slow and meaningful I'd definitely put it in.


              Comment

              • AriesMalvis
                FFR Player
                • Dec 2006
                • 1345

                #52
                Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

                ok to be honest...i do like it
                didn't think i would...
                but still not as much as their past albums

                Comment

                • Wlfwnd91
                  FFR Player
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 499

                  #53
                  Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

                  Originally posted by AriesMalvis
                  ok to be honest...i do like it
                  didn't think i would...
                  but still not as much as their past albums
                  It's better than Collision Course lol


                  Comment

                  • csoup1414
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Jul 2006
                    • 834

                    #54
                    Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

                    ...to get or not to get...
                    well, ill have to, my dad listens to them
                    loophole...ill get it for him for his birthday!

                    Comment

                    • TSB_[OrEoZzZ]
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2007
                      • 3

                      #55
                      Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight (Review)

                      I dont know about u guys, but i was expecting alot out of this album and i think it really blows. Theres some good songs on the album, such as "Givin Up" "In Pieces" "What i've done" and maybe "My Valentine", but nothing else really wowed me at all.

                      Well anyway, just wanted to know what some other people thought so please post your thoughts on the new Linkin Park Album here,
                      Thx,
                      OrEoZzZ

                      Comment

                      • csoup1414
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Jul 2006
                        • 834

                        #56
                        Re: Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight (Review)

                        shouldnt this go in media?

                        Comment

                        • TSB_[OrEoZzZ]
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2007
                          • 3

                          #57
                          Re: Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight (Review)

                          idk, why not put it here

                          Comment

                          • Squeek
                            let it snow~
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 14444

                            #58
                            Re: Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight (Review)

                            I don't know. Maybe because we have two threads for it already.

                            Merged.

                            ps - since when does liking 4/12 songs on a CD make it "blow"?

                            Most people only like one or two songs on a CD.

                            pps - Given Up*, Valentine's Day*
                            Last edited by Squeek; 05-19-2007, 08:39 PM.

                            Comment

                            • v0lcom
                              IT Guru
                              • Feb 2007
                              • 569

                              #59
                              Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

                              I bought it a couple days ago. I was really suprised how they've changed their style. I can't say that I ejoyed all the songs. But, "Shadows Of the Day" was really nice to listen to. Also, "Valentines Day" and "Given Up" were really good. I love Linkin Park, I've been a fan ever since their first single came out. I was in eigth grade lol when I started listening to rock.

                              But I like their new style, nice and calm, I like that they play more guitar too! Anyways, I'd recommend picking it up!

                              Comment

                              • TSB_[OrEoZzZ]
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2007
                                • 3

                                #60
                                Re: Minutes to Midnight, New Linkin Park CD

                                well i guess i used the word blows a little to harsh, i've only listened to the album once and it doesnt really wow me too much. and sry i spelled the names of the songs wrong lol

                                Comment

                                Working...