Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smartdude1212
    2 is poo
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2005
    • 6687

    #31
    Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

    I've seen much better movies.

    Comment

    • BLaCkHawKDowN615
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2006
      • 98

      #32
      Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

      that movie was awesome. lots of blood and partial nudity, what more could you want?


      AAA's - 20

      Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

      Comment

      • Squeek
        let it snow~
        • Jan 2004
        • 14444

        #33
        Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

        Originally posted by BLaCkHawKDowN615
        that movie was awesome. lots of blood and partial nudity, what more could you want?
        How about a worthwhile plot.

        Comment

        • theinsomniacnimrod
          FFR Player
          • Jul 2006
          • 69

          #34
          Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

          I'm pretty sure this movie is not worth my $9 to see.
          "If you want to sex me you have to be good at math!" - Group X

          "I recoil with dismay and horror at this lamentable plague of functions which do not have derivatives." - Charles Hermite

          Comment

          • SethSquall
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2004
            • 5477

            #35
            Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

            I loved 300. My favourite part HAD to be the "His shield was heavy" bit. I watched it expecting action that made you got "OOOO owned" and laugh. Hit the spot I must say. The "slow down to show form - to the speed up to the critical blow" effect was awesome.
            Originally posted by Tibs
            I love you, you Welsh ****

            Comment

            • Squeek
              let it snow~
              • Jan 2004
              • 14444

              #36
              Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

              Yeah, I mean, I've already seen it three times. So, I ain't saying it sucks.

              Just saying it's not the best movie ev0r. I've seen all four Harry Potter movies at least 50 times each and I was totally against Harry Potter until Summer 2006.

              Comment

              • MooMoo_Cowfreak
                Abraxas Hydroplane
                • May 2006
                • 1746

                #37
                Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

                It looks really stupid, but I shouldn't be the one talking because I haven't seen it.

                But really, CGI the entire time? Stupid.
                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                dumps abstractly represent the song with arrows

                post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis

                Comment

                • Lamoc
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 551

                  #38
                  Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

                  Half naked guys, Screaming, Blood, Gore, Violence, Testosterone, Not to mention all the 300 guys are ripped and buffed, whats thier not to like?

                  Some of you said it was just one big battle and stuff. Um... what were you expecting? That's the point of the movie.

                  Pretty bad ass seeing 300 people rip out a nation. And like he said in the begining, "I'm just going for a morning stroll." That's one hell of a morning walk if you ask me.

                  Comment

                  • All_That_Chaz
                    Supreme Dictator For Life
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 5874

                    #39
                    Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

                    Yes, these Spartans are more or less the most badass movie characters ever, but that's all there is to the movie. "I trust your... scratch will not impede your fighting" made me all but piss myself laughing. And yes shox, the ending was absolutely epic for this kind of movie, but there are things that separate decent movies from masterpieces. This has a different definition for different people. For me, a worthwhile plot is a major part. Everything that wasn't battle (all that political garbage) was forced, trite, predictable, and the dialogue was shoddy. These shortcomings were what left me unimpressed, not the badass battle sequences. Like, Saving Private Ryan is a better movie than 300 for the better acting and better plot, which was put together well (I think at least) with an unbelievable battle scene.
                    Back to "Back to Earth"
                    Originally posted by FoJaR
                    dammit chaz
                    Originally posted by FoJaR
                    god dammit chaz
                    Originally posted by MalReynolds
                    I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

                    Comment

                    Working...