Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Chromer
    Hookers and Blow
    • Jul 2003
    • 4981

    #16
    Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

    Originally posted by All_That_Chaz
    Sure, it was entertaining. But it really seemed like it was just one big cgi-enhanced battle scene. The dialogue was pretty lame, the narration seemed forced, the soundtrack was laughable at points, and the gratuity of the blood spatter affect was stupid. It felt like I was watching a cut-scene from Age of Empires or something.

    Those of you that really liked it, prove me wrong, tell me what was so awesome about it.

    Yeah, the box office called and said that you've lost your testicles. You might want to go get them back.

    Comment

    • Squeek
      let it snow~
      • Jan 2004
      • 14444

      #17
      Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

      I don't understand why you're all like 'lol ur not a man if u didnt liek it'

      People don't like things. Imagine that.

      My co-worker is in Film Study. Her professor saw the movie and said it was so-so. Good for the average male college student who doesn't care about what makes a good movie and just wants to see scripted killing over and over again.

      I agreed after I saw it. Sure, it was pretty good, but the lack of any substantial backing to the movie made it kinda weak.

      Comment

      • craZ_kylo
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2006
        • 368

        #18
        Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

        i liked the movie, i thought the overall story was great... bu my only comment was that i didnt like all of the boaring hear people talk... but it did add some sort of dramatic pause
        Did you know you can donate one or all of your vital organs to the Aperture Science Self Esteem Fund for Girls? It’s true!

        Comment

        • -Tibs-
          FFR Player
          • May 2006
          • 5235

          #19
          Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

          Originally posted by Squeek
          I don't understand why you're all like 'lol ur not a man if u didnt liek it'
          Because it's 300, duh.

          Metal covers of vidya game songs

          Comment

          • tsugomaru
            FFR Player
            • Aug 2004
            • 3962

            #20
            Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

            Kay, if you went to see the movie for a story line or a plot, you obviously didn't get it. However, if you went there to see fighting and men saying corny jokes/lines, you got it.

            Guess which group I was in.

            ~Tsugomaru
            Originally posted by Hiluluk
            WHEN do you think people die...?
            When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
            When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
            When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
            IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!

            Comment

            • All_That_Chaz
              Supreme Dictator For Life
              • Apr 2004
              • 5874

              #21
              Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

              a note on the soundtrack, since a couple people said it was really good. i don't think for this movie it was a bad soundtrack, but there were definitely points where the music didn't fit. one moment that sticks out in my mind is when they're slowly walking forward and there's electric guitar going in the background. it sounded like a wwf entrance song. which is fine if that's what you want to hear, but for me i just started laughing because it was so incongruous. to me, a soundtrack should augment and complement the action without being noticed. but that's just my opinion.

              oh, and chromer's unoriginal, and tibs is very clever.
              Back to "Back to Earth"
              Originally posted by FoJaR
              dammit chaz
              Originally posted by FoJaR
              god dammit chaz
              Originally posted by MalReynolds
              I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

              Comment

              • rel89
                FFR Player
                • May 2006
                • 2046

                #22
                Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

                The Pathfinder is much better.
                AAA's: 171 (1 + 9)
                Most recent Godly AAA: Platypus, Koala In The Spider's Web, Intense Colors, Tell, Agenda X
                Average: 535.3877
                Tier Points: 206 (206 + 0 for 167 AAAs)

                SM/GH3/FFR vids

                Comment

                • Chromer
                  Hookers and Blow
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 4981

                  #23
                  Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

                  Originally posted by All_That_Chaz
                  a note on the soundtrack, since a couple people said it was really good. i don't think for this movie it was a bad soundtrack, but there were definitely points where the music didn't fit. one moment that sticks out in my mind is when they're slowly walking forward and there's electric guitar going in the background. it sounded like a wwf entrance song. which is fine if that's what you want to hear, but for me i just started laughing because it was so incongruous. to me, a soundtrack should augment and complement the action without being noticed. but that's just my opinion.

                  oh, and chromer's unoriginal, and tibs is very clever.
                  Have you actually listened to the soundtrack? I have it and I don't remember any electric guitars in there.

                  Comment

                  • Shashmakito
                    FFR Player
                    • Jul 2006
                    • 432

                    #24
                    Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

                    Saw 300?

                    That'd be kewl killing 300 people in a variety of crazy ways...

                    But that would be a strange movie saw and 300...

                    Doesn't work out.
                    Originally posted by customstuff
                    You're avatar is in one of those pictures.
                    Originally posted by ToshX
                    you are avatar

                    I am maid

                    Comment

                    • Kinspin
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 120

                      #25
                      Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

                      I thought the movie the 300 was pretty epic, with all its slow motion.
                      Epic slow motion fighting
                      Epic slow motion sex
                      Epic slow motion walking

                      What more could you ask for in a movie?

                      Comment

                      • All_That_Chaz
                        Supreme Dictator For Life
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 5874

                        #26
                        Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

                        to all, most notably djshox: 300 accomplishes what it set out to do very well, and i do appreciate it for that, that's why i said i found it entertaining, but i find that i enjoy a movie more if it has more substance to it.
                        Back to "Back to Earth"
                        Originally posted by FoJaR
                        dammit chaz
                        Originally posted by FoJaR
                        god dammit chaz
                        Originally posted by MalReynolds
                        I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

                        Comment

                        • T3hDDRKid
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2006
                          • 754

                          #27
                          Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

                          I saw 300 in theaters, and I thought it was quite a good movie. Sure, there wasn't a whole lot of story to it. However, you read a review saying it's "The story of how 300 Spartans stood up to an army"...

                          I wonder what the movie is going to be about? Maybe a big battle or something?
                          Last edited by T3hDDRKid; 04-22-2007, 06:09 PM. Reason: ZOMG HORRIBLE TYPO
                          Originally posted by MalReynolds
                          it just goes with what I said

                          what brought this country together?

                          desegregation

                          we need to segregate again so we can DEsegregate and everyone will feel good again

                          let's start with baseball

                          Comment

                          • FictionJunction
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 3843

                            #28
                            Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

                            ITT We take 300 and judge it for all it shouldn't be judged.

                            It's an adrenaline pumping movie aimed towards individuals who like awesome men doing awesome things in slow-motion (everyone). If you went to see this movie with anything else in mind you're pretty much an idiot. It's like saying "I went to see Snakes in a Plane expecting an awesome well-developed plot and I was disappointed."

                            It was a good movie.
                            Originally posted by j-rodd123
                            wow

                            Comment

                            • Squeek
                              let it snow~
                              • Jan 2004
                              • 14444

                              #29
                              Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

                              I saw it because everyone exclaimed that it was "AWESOME" and "ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES EVARRRRR"

                              It wasn't. I'd rather watch Harry Potter.

                              Comment

                              • cC@Zz
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2006
                                • 1427

                                #30
                                Re: Saw 300, wasn't impressed.

                                Originally posted by djshox
                                Also I just have to add that the ending is the most beautiful ending that could have ever been used. The battle chant of 40,000 soldiers is awesome, and the charge in slow motion is so epic and glorious.
                                That was an awesome ending indeed. I also like the part when Leonidas is standing looking up at all the arrows that come down and kill him. The sight of all the arrows raining down on him and darkening the screen.
                                There is a 50% chance your pillow will eat you while you are sleeping.

                                Comment

                                Working...