Ask me about the simpsons

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Squeek
    let it snow~
    • Jan 2004
    • 14444

    #16
    Re: Ask me about the simpsons

    Originally posted by Vishnal
    Near a FIVE-state junction?

    Contains canyons, deserts, AND mountains?

    A west side THREE TIMES the size of Texas?

    Don't think so.

    Due to these (and other) many contradictory clues, it is impossible for Springfield to exist in any set location. It's put mainly where it suits writers best for a given episode.
    Some things are fictional, but it still exists somewhere.

    And that somewhere is Arizona.

    You missed the part in the Monorail song where he mentions where else Monorails have been. There's one city in the southwest he mentions. That city also happens to compete with Springfield in the State Band Competition in the Duncan the Race Horse episode. Therefore, they're in the same state.

    How do I know it's Arizona? On the map Homer has of all the states the family is banned from visiting, Arizona is one of the only states not crossed off. There's no way they can live in a state they're banned from, and even though Homer laments that "Arizona smells funny", that's no reason they can't live there.
    Last edited by Squeek; 03-2-2007, 12:42 PM.

    Comment

    • Vishnal
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2007
      • 419

      #17
      Re: Ask me about the simpsons

      Damn it, that's right. Well done, Squeek.

      I re-read and it all fits XD

      You're good.
      AAAs: 56


      Originally posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon
      Tass: This better not be a token for convention attenders only or else I will hunt you down and shove a rake up your ass.
      Originally posted by Doug31, about Colt.45
      This is the site where people lie about their scores, not about their gender. You'd be thinking of MySpace.

      Comment

      • Squeek
        let it snow~
        • Jan 2004
        • 14444

        #18
        Re: Ask me about the simpsons

        Yeah, well, it's the only logical choice.

        It's probably wrong, but it's really the only one that works with the information given.

        And I doubt the creators had that in mind at all.

        Comment

        • pntballa18
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2005
          • 3357

          #19
          Re: Ask me about the simpsons



          wow, good memory. you even got the words in parenthesis, punctuation, and the capital letters completely the same! good job!

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #20
            Re: Ask me about the simpsons

            Squeek, even if it does fit there, they don't live in any real state.

            I am quite sure that there is evidence elsewhere in the show which would indicate that they do not live in Arizona (even if you ignore gags like the West Springfield being 3x as big as Texas joke).

            Comment

            • Vishnal
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2007
              • 419

              #21
              Re: Ask me about the simpsons

              How about Mount Murderhorn, supposedly bigger than McKinley?

              Or the snow they get?

              Or hurricanes? Hurricanes don't friggin' hit Arizona!
              AAAs: 56


              Originally posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon
              Tass: This better not be a token for convention attenders only or else I will hunt you down and shove a rake up your ass.
              Originally posted by Doug31, about Colt.45
              This is the site where people lie about their scores, not about their gender. You'd be thinking of MySpace.

              Comment

              • Yuruka
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2006
                • 414

                #22
                Re: Ask me about the simpsons

                ....I know alot about the simpsons too...But more about South Park I'm gonna go make a thread now..


                I hate those gay poké/digifag adoptables.
                Lol 100 posts in about 2 days.

                Comment

                • Squeek
                  let it snow~
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 14444

                  #23
                  Re: Ask me about the simpsons

                  Originally posted by Vishnal
                  How about Mount Murderhorn, supposedly bigger than McKinley?

                  Or the snow they get?

                  Or hurricanes? Hurricanes don't friggin' hit Arizona!
                  I said before. There's no way they live in any REAL state. But if you use the information given, there's no other option but Arizona.

                  ps - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbi8tFe769U

                  I can't find the band competition video, but they went up against Ogdenville.

                  Comment

                  • Xezial
                    FFR Player
                    • Sep 2006
                    • 429

                    #24
                    Re: Ask me about the simpsons

                    Okay. For what state they are in, there was that one behind the scenes of The Simpsons Episode, hosted by Troy Mclure(spelling) where he says:

                    "...this Northern Kentucky family."

                    Originally posted by Litodude
                    Hey so today I had a water polo game right and I got sub'd out because I was tired as **** anyway I was talking to some girl and it's hilarious how they looks at your penis instead of your face when people talk to you not to mention the fact the i was glistening wet and my 8 pack was hard as **** and my penis was big 8)
                    Originally posted by nickadeemus
                    Then you woke up and were like "Uh oh, I've got a problem."

                    Comment

                    • Vishnal
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 419

                      #25
                      Re: Ask me about the simpsons

                      Xezial: Read the ****ing thread.

                      That was a gag by the producers, played up because fans kept asking them. THEY DON'T LIVE IN A REAL STATE. WE JUST SAID THAT.
                      AAAs: 56


                      Originally posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                      Tass: This better not be a token for convention attenders only or else I will hunt you down and shove a rake up your ass.
                      Originally posted by Doug31, about Colt.45
                      This is the site where people lie about their scores, not about their gender. You'd be thinking of MySpace.

                      Comment

                      • Afrobean
                        Admiral in the Red Army
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 13262

                        #26
                        Re: Ask me about the simpsons

                        Just because they re-use town names means nothing.

                        I'd say the hurricane is more legitimate than that. One could even argue that there are two towns by that name (hello how many SPRINGFIELDs are there in the USA).

                        How about the episode where Lisa points to a map of the United States to show which state they live in. Bart's head is in the way, but it doesn't block the entire map.

                        Or how about the episode where they ACTUALLY NAME A STATE that they're from. Of course, this state is different depending on when the episode was aired (I believe it said one thing when it was aired new and it was switched when it was aired in syndication).

                        Really, there is no way to say "oh the evidence points to this state" because there would be just as much counter evidence.

                        Comment

                        • Squeek
                          let it snow~
                          • Jan 2004
                          • 14444

                          #27
                          Re: Ask me about the simpsons

                          Because the map of the U.S. with all the states they're banned from only has two states left on it.

                          Yes, there could be an Ogdenville in the other state as well. But who cares.

                          You care too much.

                          Comment

                          • GuidoHunter
                            is against custom titles
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 7371

                            #28
                            Re: Ask me about the simpsons

                            Originally posted by Squeek
                            I said before. There's no way they live in any REAL state. But if you use the information given, there's no other option but Arizona.

                            ps - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbi8tFe769U

                            I can't find the band competition video, but they went up against Ogdenville.
                            I always used that map when arguing the Southwest as well.

                            But in the Chanel Suit episode, Marge has to drive, I believe, 200 miles to get to Ogdenville, so there's a considerable radius around that dot.

                            --Guido


                            Originally posted by Grandiagod
                            Originally posted by Grandiagod
                            She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                            Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                            Comment

                            • pntballa18
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 3357

                              #29
                              Re: Ask me about the simpsons

                              Originally posted by Matt Groening
                              The Simpsons live in Arizona.
                              Oh.

                              Comment

                              • Metheawsome
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2005
                                • 80

                                #30
                                Re: Ask me about the simpsons

                                All right, a couple of things...

                                One, I meant to type Selma earlier, I really did.
                                Two, I can't constantly be on the forums so I don't get to check this all that often so it's not that I don't know the answers.
                                Three, the reason that the Simpsons are yellow is because Matt Greoning started the simpsons on the Tracy Ullman show, but before that had done a comic called Life in Hell. Now in Life in Hell, the characters had all been black and white so when he went from that to color, what most likely happened was a trail-and-error deal (Opinion, don't hold me to it). But I do know that that is why Bart, Lisa, and Maggie seem to have their hair infused with their head. Up until then Matt Greoning had drawn animals, mostly bunnies, and they had fur not hair. So he made a bit of a blend having a sort of hair shape without a dividing line. And the overbite was just a matter of habit by that point.
                                And four, by my count Troy Mclure did the running gag thing about 11 times, not appearances, gags.
                                If it weren't for irony, this statement wouldn't be funny.

                                Comment

                                Working...