23

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • andy-o24
    Married Man
    • May 2006
    • 1527

    #16
    Re: 23

    Discover reviews, ratings, and trailers for The Number 23 on Rotten Tomatoes. Stay updated with critic and audience scores today!


    I love that place. The reviews seem convincing. That might give you a hint as to how good or bad it might be.
    Originally posted by hi19hi19
    Best strat: enjoy the game, play what you feel like when you feel like it. Don't think about what you are doing or why, enjoy the gameplay, the artistry behind the stepfile, and enjoy the music.

    When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

    Originally posted by Shashakiro
    Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.

    Comment

    • nickadeemus
      The spice must flow.
      • Aug 2003
      • 807

      #17
      Re: 23

      Shox is talking about The Majestic, pretty unique movie.

      The Number 23 did have a full fledged serious Jim Carrey in it, but for the beginning of the movie he was able to do a bit of comedy, which did feel a lot more natural for him. Everything was told in a way that kept your attention the whole time. All of the acting was very believable (for the most part), and no scenes felt like they were really unnecessary. Jim Carrey did a great job of progressing farther and farther into insanity, and the camerawork was very well done. Movies that shake the camera around like no other to try to add confusion make me feel sick, thankfully this was not the case; it felt very natural.
      Of course, like every good thriller, this movie has a big twist. I never figured it out 'till just before it was revealed, so it's safe for me to say that this movie does a good job of keeping you guessing. As far as being scary, I'm probably not the best judge of that in a movie, but I never felt that tense during 23. I mean, the device used to scare the character is a freakin number! Not nearly as intense for me as it is for poor Jim. They tried a few suspenseful scenes, but they were short-lived and never really had me hanging on the edge of my seat.
      Overall, I was fairly satisfied with this movie. The actual plot did not follow the same path the previews led me to believe it would, but I am convinced that it's for the better. I would reccommend this movie to anyone who wants to see Jim Carrey in a serious movie (eventually), or if you're just looking for a movie playing right now that will keep your attention the entire time. I doubt this movie will win any awards, but you get your money's worth.
      Last edited by nickadeemus; 02-24-2007, 03:14 PM.
      Nice.

      Comment

      • jewpinthethird
        (The Fat's Sabobah)
        FFR Music Producer
        • Nov 2002
        • 11711

        #18
        Re: 23

        Originally posted by djshox
        You forgot the one where he loses his memory during McCarthyism, and is mistaken for a war hero. Damn it's such a great movie yet I can't remember the title. Involves a theater as well.
        The Majestic.

        Comment

        • TheRapingDragon
          A car crash mind
          • Aug 2005
          • 9788

          #19
          Re: 23

          Originally posted by jewpinthethird
          The Majestic.
          Hi 11 minutes ago:

          Shox is talking about The Majestic, pretty unique movie.
          Anyway, sounds like it's a good movie from your review Nick, will be checking it out.

          Is The Majestic worth hunting out and watching?

          Comment

          • kostkaskater
            FFR Veteran
            • Sep 2004
            • 780

            #20
            Re: 23



            I love 23 and Jim Carrey.
            Last edited by kostkaskater; 02-24-2007, 04:14 PM.

            Comment

            • VarleyisDance
              Sassy
              • Oct 2005
              • 438

              #21
              Re: 23

              eternal sunshine of the spotless mind is an amazing movie


              Originally posted by rushyrulz
              Ke$ha's birthday? wasted thread
              1st Place D3 SocoNhydro's Tournament of Eternity! (June)
              3rd Place (x1 Speed) D2 FFR Classics Short and Sweet Tourney
              1st Place D1 Cold Kitten and Xx{Midnight}xX Present: The Tournament Of Immortality
              2nd Place D1 xBBx's and T-Force's Short and Sweet Tourney
              2nd Place D1 King's and Takedown's Tournament!

              Comment

              • RB_Dreamscanner
                ☭Retired Top One Hander☭
                • Nov 2006
                • 1789

                #22
                Re: 23

                im 23rd!!!
                "The Communist vision is the vision of man without God"



                Retired, Finished at rank 295, Top one hander on FFR

                Comment

                • Loot You
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 2680

                  #23
                  Re: 23

                  Originally posted by RB_Dreamscanner
                  im 23rd!!!
                  Amazing.

                  OMG SPOILER RIGHT HERE KIND OF:

                  I just saw it, also. It was a good movie, reminded me of Secret Window. But I probably just gave the whole movie away... whatever.

                  Comment

                  • OC_lover_09
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 31

                    #24
                    Re: 23

                    im going to see it at 2-30 and im still kinda scared... ive never seen a scary movie b4 and i might sound like an idiot but im scared lol my bf like forced me to go with him.. so well see what happens
                    lol peace
                    Peace Out
                    Love, Me <3

                    Comment

                    • Ice wolf
                      FFR Player
                      • Feb 2007
                      • 852

                      #25
                      Re: 23

                      My friend is obsessed with that movie. Whenever you ask him a question he answers 23.





                      I asked him on a 1/10 scale how sexy I was...He said 23...
                      Reverse for life!




                      ^Way better than 25thhour's link. You know you want to sign up.

                      The best noteskin ever: Skittles


                      Are you having trouble syncing your files? Use DDReamStudio.

                      Comment

                      • GuidoHunter
                        is against custom titles
                        • Oct 2003
                        • 7371

                        #26
                        Re: 23

                        I really liked the movie. Some of my friends thought that the final scene was really forced and almost unnecessary, but I wasn't disappointed by it.

                        I agree with nick on most everything, and disagree with rottentomatoes.

                        --Guido


                        Originally posted by Grandiagod
                        Originally posted by Grandiagod
                        She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                        Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                        Comment

                        • TheRapingDragon
                          A car crash mind
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 9788

                          #27
                          Re: 23

                          I watched it yesterday (chose it over Tuesday in the end). I have to say, I enjoyed the movie a lot. Jim Carrey did a good job playing a double role like that, and he never really "over-played" his parts.

                          The whole movie was pretty damn good, and the twists were not completely stupid, but kept the pace going. I loved how it went whenever we were reading the chapters, how the book came to life, the change of style was great.

                          Overall I really enjoyed it, would recommend it.

                          Comment

                          • OC_lover_09
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 31

                            #28
                            Re: 23

                            well i saw the movie =] i didnt flip out like i thought i would.. i made it through my first scary movie =] yay 4 me lol but yeah it was good i guess
                            lol
                            =]
                            Peace Out
                            Love, Me <3

                            Comment

                            • JasonKey
                              FFR Underseer
                              • Jul 2003
                              • 2643

                              #29
                              Re: 23

                              Saw it .. was not what I was expecting.

                              Was ok .. but not the best thing ever!

                              Originally posted by Synthlight
                              I will be fix this. No worries. It happened during a version upgrade.
                              Cheers,
                              Synthlight

                              Comment

                              • sjoecool1991
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 2302

                                #30
                                Re: 23

                                Originally posted by GuidoHunter
                                I really liked the movie. Some of my friends thought that the final scene was really forced and almost unnecessary, but I wasn't disappointed by it.

                                I agree with nick on most everything, and disagree with rottentomatoes.

                                --Guido

                                http://andy.mikee385.com
                                I almost never agree with rottentomatoes.

                                Comment

                                Working...