Peter Jackson is an idiot

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cC@Zz
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2006
    • 1427

    #16
    Re: Peter Jackson is an idiot

    halohas a great storyline and peter jackson is a great director with a good special effects team. Bungie will make sure its a good movie
    There is a 50% chance your pillow will eat you while you are sleeping.

    Comment

    • Grandiagod
      FFR Player
      • Jul 2004
      • 6122

      #17
      Re: Peter Jackson is an idiot

      Originally posted by cC@Zz
      halohas a great storyline and peter jackson is a great director with a good special effects team. Bungie will make sure its a good movie
      Bungie does not make the movie, in fact Bungie has very little say in the movie. Peter Jackson does not have his own special effects team. Special effects do not make a movie (see new Star Wars). Halo is an overrated crapfest made polpular by idiot console jockies who have never played a real FPS.

      PS. Capitals are your best friend.
      Last edited by Grandiagod; 05-1-2006, 09:32 AM.
      He who angers you conquers you. ~Elizabeth Kenny

      Comment

      • Squeek
        let it snow~
        • Jan 2004
        • 14444

        #18
        Re: Peter Jackson is an idiot

        Originally posted by cC@Zz
        I am a fanboy who knows nothing about anything related to video games other than Halo
        I had no idea.

        ~Squeek

        Comment

        • GuidoHunter
          is against custom titles
          • Oct 2003
          • 7371

          #19
          Re: Peter Jackson is an idiot

          Originally posted by Chromer
          its suprisingly fun multiplayer
          o RLY? Halo has a good quality? You're damn right it does.

          P.S. I've played plenty of first person shooters and Halo is by far the most fun.

          --Guido


          Originally posted by Grandiagod
          Originally posted by Grandiagod
          She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
          Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #20
            Re: Peter Jackson is an idiot

            Nothing compares to Doom 2.
            RIP

            Comment

            • FishFishRevolution
              GotR Creator
              • Nov 2003
              • 7251

              #21
              Re: Peter Jackson is an idiot

              I really would be looking forward to this movie if it was another Uwe Boll classic. Alone in the Dark was just pure genius.

              The only thing I have to say about Halo is that it is IMO, overrated, but still good for some fun gameplay with a huge group of people every now and then. I was never too big on the story mode, except that one time I played co-op with my friend who knew what to do every level. Then again, FPS's aren't my deal either. My favorite FPS is Red Faction, or maybe Metroid Prime II.
              Last edited by FishFishRevolution; 05-1-2006, 12:05 PM.

              Comment

              • vashthestampede0987
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2004
                • 2997

                #22
                Re: Peter Jackson is an idiot

                I don't see why halo is so ****ing hyped up. I agree that it's a good game multiplayer wise but other than that it's not better than other FPS's....Like Goldeneye rofl.
                Omega owes me [1] omega favor
                I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


                Originally posted by Synthlight
                I hate myself.

                Cheers,

                Synthlight
                xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
                xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

                Comment

                • GuidoHunter
                  is against custom titles
                  • Oct 2003
                  • 7371

                  #23
                  Re: Peter Jackson is an idiot

                  Originally posted by vashthestampede0987
                  I don't see why halo is so ****ing hyped up.
                  It was the first good FPS on a next-gen console. It was pretty, it was fluid, and it was fun.

                  I agree that it's a good game multiplayer wise but other than that it's not better than other FPS's....Like Goldeneye rofl.
                  Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were DAMN good FPSs. In fact, I'd say that PD is a better game overall than Halo due to its absurdly good single player and wild multiplayer.

                  But regardless, who would play PD or Goldeneye when Halo is available? Not very many people, that's for sure. Relatively bad graphics and horrible slowdown in big games showed its age. Halo was new, it was pretty, and it was fluid, so people played that.

                  And what was their alternative? They have a video game console and like FPSs. ::looks around:: Red Faction? Counterstrike? All mediocre (judging by sales/popularity/word of mouth from friends and video game reviewers; I've never played them). Then there's Halo, which is really well-done and seemingly everyone has. For those who don't play much, they might jump into a game with fifteen of their friends and have a ****load of fun, thus getting it and perpetuating the cycle. Could that have happened with any other console FPS? Sure, but it didn't. That says something about Halo right there.

                  Plus, who loves Halo for its single player mode? I know I like it and all, but the real fun lies in its multiplayer. And, as has been said several times before, that part of it is extremely fun.

                  Why people wonder why it did so well is beyond me...

                  --Guido


                  Originally posted by Grandiagod
                  Originally posted by Grandiagod
                  She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                  Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                  Comment

                  • lightdarkness
                    Summer!!
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 11310

                    #24
                    Re: Peter Jackson is an idiot

                    I bought the Xbox 360 for Halo 3

                    That is all

                    Comment

                    • dunlop
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 469

                      #25
                      Re: Peter Jackson is an idiot

                      Halo 2 is a really good game. I don't particularly like the Campaign mode, but the multiplayer is really fun. It relates to casual gamers, and hardcore gamers.

                      I will say that Halo 2 definitely was disappointing. The Campaign mode was a lot worse, a the multiplayer got worse too. If it weren't for MLG Custom games, I probably wouldn't play it anymore.

                      Halo 1 is definitely one of the best FPS multiplayer games.

                      Originally posted by lightdarkness
                      I bought the Xbox 360 for Halo 3

                      That is all
                      I was thinking of doing that, but I'm probably going to wait for the PS3 or Revolution.
                      The secret to your future lies hidden in your daily routine.

                      The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want most for what they want at the moment.

                      Comment

                      • Squeek
                        let it snow~
                        • Jan 2004
                        • 14444

                        #26
                        Re: Peter Jackson is an idiot

                        Originally posted by lightdarkness
                        I bought the Xbox 360 for Halo 3

                        That is all
                        $450 for one game.

                        A game that will probably not have a conclusion like its predecessor and is only being released to counter the market around the Playstation 3.

                        Yeah, good luck with that one.

                        ~Squeek

                        Comment

                        • vashthestampede0987
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2004
                          • 2997

                          #27
                          Re: Peter Jackson is an idiot

                          Guido, I wasn't implying that goldeneye was bad, I just laughed when I typed that thinking "People think goldeneye sucks because it's old."
                          Omega owes me [1] omega favor
                          I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


                          Originally posted by Synthlight
                          I hate myself.

                          Cheers,

                          Synthlight
                          xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
                          xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

                          Comment

                          • GuidoHunter
                            is against custom titles
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 7371

                            #28
                            Re: Peter Jackson is an idiot

                            Originally posted by vashthestampede0987
                            Guido, I wasn't implying that goldeneye was bad
                            I didn't suggest that you were. I only meant to show that comparing it to Goldeneye and PD was setting a VERY high bar for comparison. One I personally feel Halo meets.

                            Originally posted by dunlop
                            I will say that Halo 2 definitely was disappointing. The Campaign mode was a lot worse, a the multiplayer got worse too.
                            Campaign definitely got worse. I think the opinions on multiplayer are a matter of preference, though. I do believe that it got better with how it was changed and upgraded, but I also greatly prefer playing Halo 1 to Halo 2.

                            --Guido


                            Originally posted by Grandiagod
                            Originally posted by Grandiagod
                            She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                            Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                            Comment

                            • Grandiagod
                              FFR Player
                              • Jul 2004
                              • 6122

                              #29
                              Re: Peter Jackson is an idiot

                              Originally posted by lightdarkness
                              I bought the Xbox 360 for Halo 3

                              That is all
                              I haven't played my 360 in a month.
                              He who angers you conquers you. ~Elizabeth Kenny

                              Comment

                              • dunlop
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2006
                                • 469

                                #30
                                Re: Peter Jackson is an idiot

                                Originally posted by GuidoHunter
                                Campaign definitely got worse. I think the opinions on multiplayer are a matter of preference, though. I do believe that it got better with how it was changed and upgraded, but I also greatly prefer playing Halo 1 to Halo 2.
                                I'll agree that Halo 2 got 1000x better with the upgrade. My friend doesn't have live, and when we play on his xbox, it sometimes takes 5 or 6 beat downs to get a kill, even with the double beatdown.

                                The upgrade along with the weapon glitches made the game more competitive, and pretty fun. The maps aren't as good in Halo 2, but it's all of preference.

                                Wizard > Warlock
                                The secret to your future lies hidden in your daily routine.

                                The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want most for what they want at the moment.

                                Comment

                                Working...