X-Men 3

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Linkisdoomed
    FFR Player
    • May 2004
    • 594

    #31
    Re: X-Men 3

    ALL WHITED SPOILER POST.



    Jean dies.
    Scott dies.
    Xavier dies.
    X-men win.
    Sadness.
    Mistique went nookie. (Some dude in the audience without missing a beat goes: "AWWWRIGHT".
    Magneto somewhat goes powerless.
    Movie sucked balls. (The guy who got hit by Wolverine knows this feeling.)

    Oh yeah, SNAKES ON A PLANE TRAILER STARRING SAMUEL FRIGGIN JACKSON MOTHER ****ER!!!

    R^3 Skin God
    R^3 Engine Skin Curator

    Comment

    • xObserveRx
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2003
      • 1148

      #32
      Re: X-Men 3

      So a couple of questions: Not necessarily about the movie, more so just Xmen in general.

      Is it ever explained where rogue gets superstrength and the ability to fly? My guess would be she inherits these abilities from fellow mutants, and I thought something like that would've happened in this movie.

      Also, was I the only person who didn't **** themselves at that last scene after the credits? It was kinda obvious what was gonna happen. I mean, it was hinted at during one of the movie's first scenes.

      Either way, I didn't really see Magneto move any chess pieces at the end (plastic or metallic)... maybe i'm just blind. All in all, decent movie, despite all the things that were done wrong with it. Still, I'd go see it again if someone wanted to.
      Come Play The Werewolf Game!

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #33
        Re: X-Men 3

        I'm still pissed that our X-Men didn't have a Snakes on the Plane trailer.
        RIP

        Comment

        • Afrobean
          Admiral in the Red Army
          • Dec 2003
          • 13262

          #34
          Re: X-Men 3

          Originally posted by Tasselfoot
          I'm still pissed that our X-Men didn't have a Snakes on the Plane trailer.
          It didn't where I went either. Just every other movie coming out that the geek community would be interested in.

          By the way, who in the hell sticks around until the end of the credits? I know I'd like to, since that's the kind of person I am, but I always go to the movies with the family and they certainly do not want to.

          Comment

          • macgravel
            Resident Poopbutt
            FFR Simfile Author
            • May 2004
            • 2405

            #35
            Re: X-Men 3

            The SoaP trailer was the greatest, I went and saw X3 first showing XD

            Someone explain to me in white what happened after the credits, we were forced to leave instantly, so I missed it :<

            ps. The entire theatre (packed full, my friend couldn't get a ticket :<) all went crazy when the SoaP trailer came on, and that, was the greatest part of X3.
            The movie was good though, don't get me wrong.

            Comment

            • NuclearShadow
              FFR Player
              • Jul 2005
              • 1971

              #36
              Re: X-Men 3

              haha my brother was right you comic books readers would hate it
              Originally posted by Synthlight
              I am retiring from SM as of right now. I am sick of beating you all with my perfect triple hamstrings and AAAAAA's. I have nothing more to accomplish.

              Cheers,

              Synthlight

              Comment

              • flamingspinach
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2006
                • 270

                #37
                Re: X-Men 3

                End of credits spoiler.


                Scene: some room with a hospital bed and some windows. This nurse walks in, goes up to the body and says hi or something, not expecting it to respond. Then it says sort of weakly, "Hello, Moira." She is shocked and then after about 5 seconds says ".... Charles?" The end.

                The body in the bed is the one that Xavier showed his class at the Institute as an example - it's a person with no mind, and he was asking them if it was ethical to transfer someone else's mind into that guy. Apparently Xavier did just that before he died.


                -fs

                Comment

                • whorlichan
                  Tiny Plastic Meat
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 669

                  #38
                  Re: X-Men 3

                  Originally posted by xObserveRx
                  Is it ever explained where rogue gets superstrength and the ability to fly? My guess would be she inherits these abilities from fellow mutants, and I thought something like that would've happened in this movie.
                  She doesn't do either in the movies, so there's no reason to explain how she gets it later. She got them from Marvel Girl (I think?). Wait, Wikipedia will fix it: "[Rogue] turned to the X-Men after Mystique ordered her to permanently absorb the super strength and ability to fly from the superhero Ms. Marvel."

                  There we go. She used to be a bad guy, now she's a good guy, and on the way she spent enough time absorbing this Carol Danvers chick that she has all her powers. The End.
                  Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
                  First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
                  My lame LJ
                  My friend Cassie's amazing photography

                  Comment

                  • stretchypanda
                    shock me shock me
                    • Sep 2004
                    • 4123

                    #39
                    Re: X-Men 3

                    Originally posted by Afrobean
                    It didn't where I went either. Just every other movie coming out that the geek community would be interested in.

                    By the way, who in the hell sticks around until the end of the credits? I know I'd like to, since that's the kind of person I am, but I always go to the movies with the family and they certainly do not want to.
                    This is the first time I've been to a movie with Guido and not seen him stick around for the credits, because we had a baseball game to get to. =( Now I'm sad I made him leave.

                    Comment

                    • xObserveRx
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2003
                      • 1148

                      #40
                      Re: X-Men 3

                      Honestly, the scene after the credits wasn't THAT big a deal (although you wouldn't have known that based on the theatre I was in's reaction.) Still, it was kinda cool. Andy doesn't have to go see this film again just to see it, really, he doesn't.
                      Come Play The Werewolf Game!

                      Comment

                      • DiGiTaLSeraph
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 466

                        #41
                        Re: X-Men 3

                        I thought the movie was great. All of the Xmen flicks are pretty good IMO, but I've never read any of the comics- Only a couple episodes of the Xmen cartoon as a little kid.

                        I hope there will be a fourth.

                        Comment

                        • scorpio1690
                          FFR Player
                          • Apr 2003
                          • 4817

                          #42
                          Re: X-Men 3

                          Originally posted by whorlichan
                          She doesn't do either in the movies, so there's no reason to explain how she gets it later. She got them from Marvel Girl (I think?). Wait, Wikipedia will fix it: "[Rogue] turned to the X-Men after Mystique ordered her to permanently absorb the super strength and ability to fly from the superhero Ms. Marvel."

                          There we go. She used to be a bad guy, now she's a good guy, and on the way she spent enough time absorbing this Carol Danvers chick that she has all her powers. The End.
                          Yes, Mystique is Rogue's adopted mother. She taught her how to control her power, most of the time. They were on a mission I think to crash a plane into a city and Rogue accidently held on to Miss Marvel for too long, completely absorbing all her powers (super strength, flight), and putting Miss Marvel into a coma for many years. Rogue persay IS Miss Marvel because she basically stole her soul. Miss Marvel's spirit, or essential being, starts to drive Rogue crazy and torments her thoughts of how she ruined her life until Prof. X goes into her mind to face Miss Marvel with Rogue by his side. They cage her and Rogue pays a visit to Miss Marvel, the "Jane Doe" of the hospital, and is the only known visitor to ever have any connection with Miss Marvel according to the hospital.

                          Comment

                          • flamingspinach
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 270

                            #43
                            Re: X-Men 3

                            "per se" is from Latin
                            "persay" isn't a word
                            also you didn't use it correctly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_se_%28phrase%29

                            Comment

                            Working...